• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anti-Theft/ Security/ GPS Recovery Options

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
Just wondering what are the options for anti-theft security, in terms of both prevention and recovery. I've long kept my key fobs in faraday bags (i use these) as a preventative method but if someone manages to copy your key fob or otherwise catch you while you still have the keys in your pocket, that won't stop them. if someone were to actually successfully steal the car, what options are out there for the tracking and recover of the vehicle?

OP
OP
SlippyFist

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Ravelco for a one time cost.

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
- Put some hidden Air Tags in the car;
- Hidden killswitch;
- OBD blocker;
- Steering wheel lock bar (i.e. The Club);
- IGLA anti-theft.

You can add:
- TAG or Lowjack;
- Antitheft marking (Sherlock);
- Battery diconnect;
- And so on...

More you add, less likely your car will get stolen.

OP
OP
SlippyFist

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
Ravelco for a one time cost.
that is... interesting. i've never heard of that.

question i have is, how intrusive is it to install that? obviously a professional needs to install it to wire it up right, but does it require drilling through your car to mount it or install it? and honestly i'm not real crazy about having a big ugly plug and keychain dangling down by your leg while you drive.

and yes, im a pain in the ass in the deal with. sorry. lol.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Secondary biometric interlock.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Secondary biometric interlock.
Minimally (extremely) invasive running a simple 2 wire relay in series to starter circuit and a cheap Amazon fingerprint scanner. Thank me later (or dont).

OP
OP
SlippyFist

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
Minimally (extremely) invasive running a simple 2 wire relay in series to starter circuit and a cheap Amazon fingerprint scanner. Thank me later (or dont).
that is a good idea except when i need my car inspected, worked on, etc, as ill be the only person who can start it

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
that is... interesting. i've never heard of that.

question i have is, how intrusive is it to install that? obviously a professional needs to install it to wire it up right, but does it require drilling through your car to mount it or install it? and honestly i'm not real crazy about having a big ugly plug and keychain dangling down by your leg while you drive.

and yes, im a pain in the ass in the deal with. sorry. lol.
They have only certified installers who come to you to install. Invasive as far as splicing into existing wiring, but I’ve never heard of a botched install due to their program. Takes 1-2 hours. There’s only 2 certified installers even remotely near me in St Louis MO area. About $600. I haven’t looked into it on this vehicle but it was super popular on the Ram truck forum. I’d only use it once in a while when I go to the city which I pretty much avoid at all costs. But that’s bc I live in a little hidden rural area & can garage it.

The plug is definitely ugly. I’d at least paint it since they don’t have color options for whatever reason.

OP
OP
SlippyFist

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
has anyone tried this product before - Secure-A-Key

basically its a small device that attaches to the battery in the keyfob that disconnects it after 5 minutes of inactivity which disables it's wireless broadcasting and doesn't turn on again until it detects motion. seems pretty handy and will also maintain the battery life of your fob (especially your backup fob). it's all made to fit within your keyfob case, with the exception that certain keyfobs might require a slim-profile battery to be compatible with it (it says on the website that acura fobs are fine as-is)

do our fobs use the 2032 battery size?

EDIT: THESE ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE AND THE MANUFACTURER HAS NO ABILITY TO BUILD MORE

Last edited:

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Doesn't auto insurance cover theft?

Kinda funny cause I dreamt about this last night. Found the car but everything was parted and completely bare on the inside. It was near where I left it since they didn't know how to drive a manual.🤣