• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anti-gravity battery anyone?

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
I have lithium batteries in my motorcycles. On something as light as a bike, the weight savings are a little more significant, but still relatively minor. It can also help with handling, if the battery is mounted higher on the bike - like the one mounted just behind the headstock on my KTM track bike. The main benefit of Li is that on something that may not be driven/ridden regularly, they hold their charge a little better.

I probably wouldn't bother with a 3,000lb + car, especially at the cost. I'm skeptical of Antigravity's claimed weight saving of up to 60lb. If I were looking to save weight, the first place would be a lighter wheel and tire package.

OP
OP
bpebler

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I have lithium batteries in my motorcycles. On something as light as a bike, the weight savings are a little more significant, but still relatively minor. It can also help with handling, if the battery is mounted higher on the bike - like the one mounted just behind the headstock on my KTM track bike. The main benefit of Li is that on something that may not be driven/ridden regularly, they hold their charge a little better.

I probably wouldn't bother with a 3,000lb + car, especially at the cost. I'm skeptical of Antigravity's claimed weight saving of up to 60lb. If I were looking to save weight, the first place would be a lighter wheel and tire package.
For sure on the wheel and tire package! OK, cool, good info. Thanks for the insight!

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
For some, including me, the driver could drop a few pounds and help.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
Mustang guys love them for weight savings.

OP
OP
bpebler

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Mustang guys love them for weight savings.
That is exactly the person on my truck forum that said he uses them. On his Mustang. 😄 The guy who I originally learned about this was on the ram trucks forum for his daily driver though.

AdamW

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1999 Toyota 4Runner SR5 5-speed; 2023 Integra
What kind of battery is in the 2023 Integra? Group 51R or Group 47?

OP
OP
bpebler

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
What kind of battery is in the 2023 Integra? Group 51R or Group 47?
I’m not sure. The website didn’t have the integra as an option so I plugged in the new Civic for the closest or same match.

AdamW

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1999 Toyota 4Runner SR5 5-speed; 2023 Integra
I took the hold down clamp off so I could unfold the insulation cover and it is a Group 47/H5/LN2 battery.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!