• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Alarm, Security and other anti-theft tips

bandit81

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Type S, 1981 Trans Am, 2000 Trans Am (4-sale)
I couldn't decide where to put this thread, so its in the maintenance section!

I wanted to find out what extra steps Type-S owners are doing to protect their investment from theft.

My plans for now:
  • Replace the factory wheel locks with more rare aftermarket wheel locks
  • Park in driveway within view of my security cameras when not in garage
  • Park in parking garages when in downtown
I know Dodge's and Kia's can be stolen easily, seems I hear about cars getting stolen every few days on NextDoor. I just want to do what I can to protect the car. Obviously getting full insurance with gap coverage is imperative.

Thanks!

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
I couldn't decide where to put this thread, so its in the maintenance section!

I wanted to find out what extra steps Type-S owners are doing to protect their investment from theft.

My plans for now:
  • Replace the factory wheel locks with more rare aftermarket wheel locks
  • Park in driveway within view of my security cameras when not in garage
  • Park in parking garages when in downtown
I know Dodge's and Kia's can be stolen easily, seems I hear about cars getting stolen every few days on NextDoor. I just want to do what I can to protect the car. Obviously getting full insurance with gap coverage is imperative.

Thanks!
- After market tracking system. (TAG/Low Jack)
- Hide 1 or 2 Air tags inside the vehicle.
- OBDII protection plate so the can't easily reprogram a new key
- Keep your keys in a Faraday bag/box as much as possible
- Wire a simple bypass switch to the fuse box (fuel pump or starter) that can be manually turned on an off when parking in a potentially insecure location.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
First, your manual transmission is a fantastic anti-theft device. Only ~1% of US vehicles sold are stick shift, and ~18% of the US population surveyed was comfortable driving one (https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-dy...urope-america-manual-transmission-11648408115). We'll never know for sure, but the majority of Dodge's and Kia's being stolen in your area are likely automatics. These are typically crimes of opportunity, and even if someone knows the basics of driving stick OR is fairly comfortable driving stick... is that really something you'd want complicating escape? Then again, there's trouble applying/assuming logic in connection with an illogical act like stealing a vehicle.

I second some of @SilverRocket's recommendations. You can help prevent theft with an OBDII port protector, and keeping your keys somewhere secure/away from the vehicle and entry point(s) of your house is also helpful. Parking in the garage at home is huge as well. From there, focus on stolen vehicle recovery. AirTags are CHEAP and easy enough to hide in the car--get a 4 pack and hide a couple of them. Set up AcuraLink, it comes wtih the vehicle. Cameras are nice to have, but frankly, Columbus police will care very little about recovering your stolen vehicle (sad, I know), so any video will be little more than a memento for your enjoyment.

You also have the right idea on insurance--get plenty of comprehensive coverage, gap insurance, and reasonable deductibles.

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
- After market tracking system. (TAG/Low Jack)
- Hide 1 or 2 Air tags inside the vehicle.
- OBDII protection plate so the can't easily reprogram a new key
- Keep your keys in a Faraday bag/box as much as possible
- Wire a simple bypass switch to the fuse box (fuel pump or starter) that can be manually turned on an off when parking in a potentially insecure location.
Do you know which fuse this is? I am parked long-term for the winter, and I'd like to pull it. I've been looking for advice, but can't find any specific to FL5 DE5 (I'll admit I also don't know where to look).

OP
OP
bandit81

bandit81

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Type S, 1981 Trans Am, 2000 Trans Am (4-sale)
They make some micro and mini fuse lead plugs, that be sweet to use here so you do not have to hack up the wiring to add a kill switch.

That ghost lock looks like a better approach however than a fuel pump kill switch.

nix6speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
My anti-theft is parking in the garage and full coverage insurance.

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
IGLA anti theft system. Plus all @SilverRocket said. Plus Sherlock marking.