• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Advice on Integra options vs Civic or ILX for teenager

bdisco

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘24 ITS, ‘21 Bronco, ‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘88 911
I think used Integra would be a great car for new driver.
A manual transmission all the way. It teaches them car control and requires them to stay involved on how the car is performing for the road ahead. If both hands and feet are busy it’s hard to reach for their cell phones.
I bought my daughter a cpo new beetle stick shift for her first car. It also limits the friends who can drive their car.
Can’t recommend this enough >
https://www.tirerack.com/content/ti...id=AL!3756!3!!!!x!!&gclsrc=aw.ds&gad_source=1
a must for new drivers.

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
What is it about the 1.5 turbo that you don't think is as good as the 2.0 liter in the Civic Sport?
In the past, It has proven to have issues both with oil dilution and carbon build up after 80k miles.
The lack of port injection and the nature of a small, 1.5 with a turbo, pushing it hard can result in oil dilution.
Last I knew, my mechanic and many I trust have said many times, I would avoid the 1.5 turbo, and opt for the 2.0 liter non turbo if possible, or the vtec 2.0 turbo. I am considering a Civic sport for my wife. only because of the earth dreams 2.0 liter non turbo engine it has, vs the 1.5 in the sport touring or other models.

OP
OP
CMATT77

CMATT77

First Name
Carter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Chevy Tahoe, 2023 Ford Bronco
Well despite the concerns on the 1.5 turbo, I've ID'd a pretty good deal on a '23 Integra. Should I pay $2,500 to have it "Acura Certified CPO"? Seems like essentially I'd be just paying to extend the warranty from 60k to 100k?

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I wouldn't, I'm Not a big fan of extended warranties. If you avoid all extended warranties you will save enough to deal with the few problems that do arrise. If the engine is an issue, then it will likelt become apparent before the end of the std. powertrain warranty, or there will be a recall or extension of some sort.