• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

“Shift to Neutral” light in the middle of right dash

Padre Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra A-Spec, Tech. MT
Something new happened to me today: I take my car to my usual car-wash where the automated system carried my car along in neutral and sprays various chemical solutions on my car,….you know the drill. After parking to dry and vacuum the car, I backed out and pulled out into the road. Then I hear a ding and see a H shaped light in the middle of the right dial, and the caption “shift to Neutral”. By this time I am in 4th gear well in the line of traffic. The next safe place I performed the “Universal Modern Car Repair Procedure” which is turn off the ignition, wait long enough to think, then restart your car”. Of course it worked and I proceeded home.

Any thoughts? Thanks and Merry Christmas!…close enough.

Breny

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra A-Spec Tech MT, 2022 Ford Ranger
I have only been in my 24 Integra for a week so I can't say for sure. But my last car had transient errors that would pop up occasionally but would clear on "reboot" as yours did.

crepr12

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS Black on Black
does Acura use clearcoat?...lol....On Topic: thats a new one for me but I only have about 2700 miles on ol girl

creaturemachine

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
“Universal Modern Car Repair Procedure” hah. I had a buddy who used to drive a Saturn Ion that would randomly lose power steering, and his fix was to restart the car while driving. He'd clutch in, turn the key off, then restart the engine all while rolling at highway speeds. Freaked everyone out but it was standard procedure at that point.

winemaker

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mazda CX5 (kids' beater car), 1955 T-bird
I can't speak to your specific fault, but I do know that those automatic car washes typically cause more problems than they solve. This might be just me, but if my car is dirty enough to bother me, it is dirty enough for me to clean it myself. Unless you love swirl marks, scratches, damaged wiper blades and electrical gremlins!

OP
OP
Padre Dave

Padre Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra A-Spec, Tech. MT
I can't speak to your specific fault, but I do know that those automatic car washes typically cause more problems than they solve. This might be just me, but if my car is dirty enough to bother me, it is dirty enough for me to clean it myself. Unless you love swirl marks, scratches, damaged wiper blades and electrical gremlins!
Agreed…wait till you are 70 and then let me know how that is working for you…..

winemaker

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mazda CX5 (kids' beater car), 1955 T-bird
Agreed…wait till you are 70 and then let me know how that is working for you…..
Hey, I get it. Around here we have a few hand wash detailing type places that are quite reasonable for just a routine cleaning. They do a good job and are careful with your car. Much better than huge spinning brushes, unclean water, and who know what chemicals. Not to mention the dragging the car along the track. Maybe an option to consider.