• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Just installed a Billetworkz Fusion Alcantara weighted shift knob.

IntegraSpeed

First Name
Jools
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
For whatever reason i just wasn't a fan of the OEM. I found the stitching to be a little scratchy on the palm of my hand, the knob itself to be a little small, and the etching a little sharp.

So i picked up an Alcantara Fusion from Billetworkz, to match my OEM Alcantara steering wheel. Couldn't be happier. Its really comfortable, feels just right and it met all my expectations. Doesn't look too bad either. Of course that is always subjective.

Anyway thought i'd mention it and given i somehow messed up the shift boot clamp or whatever its called. I couldn't get the boot down by just using my hands. So ended up using a screwdriver with a lens cleaning cloth (microfiber) and carefully prying it down. It came off reasonably easily, when using that method.. However upon re-installation, it felt a little loose. As i was shifting the clamp would slip down. Not always but enough to annoy you. I was think dang what's the fix ? an entire new shift boot? take apart the center console and somehow figure it out, providing i can get the part? But all it took was wrapping the metal bit that the boot pushes onto with some electrical tape. Tightly wrapping it maybe 10 times. Then push the boot back up there, and its nice and tight now.. won't be falling off or making any rattling sounds ever again.

Weight wise, the OEM is actually also weighted.. They're about the same weight. The new one seems a little bit taller but we're talking millimeters. Actually i would say it sits nicer. Again horses for courses. For me it was definitely a worthwhile purchase, given i wasn't entirely satisfied with the OEM. I'm nearly at 3k now. so plenty of more smiles to put on the car. Shifting is big part of the enjoyment of driving for me. Always has been, always will. Here it is.

Shifter.png

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
The "scratchiness" of the stitching is what doomed the OEM shift knob for me too. I went with the titanium OEM knob and actually love it, but it is notably cold to the touch in these winter months so would consider an alcantara knob. This one looks nice.

Also the clamp was a pain in the ass for me too; some folks act like "it's NBD, just push it down N00B". I finally got it to go using a combination of plastic pry tools from a PC repair kit I happened to have lying around and immense physical effort. Fortunately I didn't do any actual damage but it wasn't any fun.

giphy (5).gif

If you did want to replace it I'd imagine the clamp probably comes with a new boot, which would require you to disassemble the whole console. Not the end of the world probably from both a price and effort perspective, but yes a huge pain in the ass.