• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

OEMjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra, 99 Audi A4
For those who are still on the fence about price. I got quoted for an SI at a nearby dealer that was marked up to the same OTD as an integra A spec manual at MSRP. Sooooo, i think i'll stick with my integra deal šŸ˜…

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
For those who are still on the fence about price. I got quoted for an SI at a nearby dealer that was marked up to the same OTD as an integra A spec manual at MSRP. Sooooo, i think i'll stick with my integra deal šŸ˜…
I had a civic HB ST 6spd quoted at $39,900

drb14

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Hyundai Elantra
I had a civic HB ST 6spd quoted at $39,900
Yep, me tooā€¦ā€¦ I called so many different states like Indiana, Arizona, cali, and Pennsylvaniaā€¦.. all of the 6sp HB were being marked up to at least 38k before feesā€¦ā€¦ Iā€™m so glad I didnā€™t cave and my Acura dealer doesnā€™t mark up their vehicles

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Yep, me tooā€¦ā€¦ I called so many different states like Indiana, Arizona, cali, and Pennsylvaniaā€¦.. all of the 6sp HB were being marked up to at least 38k before feesā€¦ā€¦ Iā€™m so glad I didnā€™t cave and my Acura dealer doesnā€™t mark up their vehicles
It's crazy times. I did find a dealer who would allocate a build slot but they had mandatory addon package. Mud flaps , nitrogen tires, wheel locks,and some other bs weather package. I think it was $2,500 in all. Just seemed a bit pricey for a plane looking civic

Last edited:

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Civic EXL HB 2023 Integra A Spec Tech
YUOTE="drb14, post: 817858, member: 40190"]
It's crazy times. I did find a dealer who would allocate a build slot but they had mandatory addon package. Mud flaps , nitrogen tires, wheel locks,and some other bs weather package. I think it was $2,500 in all. Just seemed a bit pricey for a plane looking civic
[/QUOTE]

When it comes to the civics I wanted one REAL bad last Oct a few months after release. Every dealer in the valley (AZ) wanted either a 3K package added or didn't have the spec (EX-L). I had to drive 110 miles to Prescott to buy one and still paid a $1499 "package" My kid has had it since December and it's been very reliable and very fun to drive.

I just looked and there's 19 civics for sale in phoenix (hatchbacks) and only ONE that's physically shown on a lot (but who knows if it's available) Honda actually stopped making the LX trim on the sedans and I believe the EX-L on the Hatchback.

We have three Acura dealerships. The largest one told me in my face there's about 5K in markups.
The furthest one flaked and never followed up
The middle one (Scottsdale Acura) has a guy whose dialed in, keeps tabs and the only market up is a $1200 tint and body package.

02lo

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3 Silverados, camaro ss, xtreme pickup, accord v6
I'm in the same boat. I got put on a waiting list for a Si back in September. The dealer called me in November and said they had one coming in December (they wouldn't let me put a deposit down.) That car came in and they sold it to someone else and called me trying to get me to buy a sport. Then they called me last month and told me they had another black Si being built in June. They put $6400 ADM on it plus 3k worth of accessories on the quote and said take it or leave it. I laughed at them and told them I had a Integra coming at MSRP plus $499 dealer fees in writing and I couldn't justify being gouged on a lesser equipped car just to have it a few months early. I am quite happy with the pricing in the Integra.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I'm in Marysville today. Wonder if I can just grab a Teggy...

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
I had a similar experiences, Honda dealers are marking up Civic Si cars, Acura dealers seem more interested in bringing in new customers. I read somewhere that since the NSX is being discontinued that the Integra was intended to be an entry level semi-halo performance vehicle to the brand. Hense the manual transmission, the possible Integra Type-S, making it the only ā€œSiā€ hatchback option, keeping the weight down, ETC.

pomegranate

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Mazda 3 Hatch
I had a similar experiences, Honda dealers are marking up Civic Si cars, Acura dealers seem more interested in bringing in new customers. I read somewhere that since the NSX is being discontinued that the Integra was intended to be an entry level semi-halo performance vehicle to the brand. Hense the manual transmission, the possible Integra Type-S, making it the only ā€œSiā€ hatchback option, keeping the weight down, ETC.
Dealers operate independently though right? I doubt most would be thinking about future customers and just mark up everything now.

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dealers operate independently though right? I doubt most would be thinking about future customers and just mark up everything now.
I did find an Acura that was overcharging for a TLX Type-S in PA last summer or so. Then I found an Acura corporate store in NJ thatā€™s MSRP with next to zero selling gimmicks. The workers there are salary I think, they almost didnā€™t care if I bought the car or not. They helped me when I showed interest, ignored me if I decided against it. No aggressive callbacks, I had to chase him down for a change as he was busy. Which is to say how it should be. If you want to do something you get help, if not, they wish you well and move on to the next customers in line, while being friendly all around.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I did find an Acura that was overcharging for a TLX Type-S in PA last summer or so. Then I found an Acura corporate store in NJ thatā€™s MSRP with next to zero selling gimmicks. The workers there are salary I think, they almost didnā€™t care if I bought the car or not. They helped me when I showed interest, ignored me if I decided against it. No aggressive callbacks, I had to chase him down for a change as he was busy. Which is to say how it should be. If you want to do something you get help, if not, they wish you well and move on to the next customers in line, while being friendly all around.
I think my dealer is the same.

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Civic EX, 2016 Civic EX
Which dealership? Iā€™m in NJ too and would love to work with them.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
We probably need to start a threaded with a list of dealers that sell at MSRP

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
For me itā€™s down to 3 or 4 cars. The 2022 GR86 Premium MT, The 2023 GR Corolla Circuit Edition MT, the 2023 Integra A-Spec Tech MT, and possibly the 2024 Integra Type-S MT. I ruled out the Elantra N for horrible levels bolstering for my tastes and body, I donā€™t really trust Korean cars like the Stinger anyway, Genesis is too much, and I donā€™t expect the 2023 CTR to be any better on the seats. The Golf R has no physical controls which is an automatic pass for me. BWM M3 is too much money, same with the Porsche Cayman, the Mach 1 Mustang is horrible on gas and Russia has all the gas right now. The Mach E and TLX Type-S is too heavy, the TLX Type-S also has a lazy transmission vs a ZF auto unit in the Supra, and the Supra has wind buffering issues.

Timing wise the Integra A-Spec Tech MT is going to win for now. As I canā€™t find a GR86 anywhere for a reasonable price, and the sister car is the 2022 BRZ Limited MT, that is order-able for the fall for a good price at my local Subura dealer but Iā€™d much rather get the GR86 Premium MT for the ducktail spoiler, the better square from grill, and the GR teamā€™s suspension tweaks over the 2022 Subaru BRZ. From the reviews Iā€™ve seen on the 2022 GR86 vs the BRZ, the GR86 just seems a tad more fun and playfull, a tad more controllable at the limits, while the BRZ is more laser like, and the differences are minimal in any case. The GR86 just looks sexier though. And the other two cars, the Integra Type-S and the GR Corolla are still a ways off, especially since Iā€™m third in line for my Toyota dealerā€™s GR Corolla allotments.

So most likely Iā€™ll buy the 2023 Integra A-Spec Tech MT for now, then Iā€™ll upgrade later to the GR Corolla or the Integra Type-S. If the Integra Type-S has SH-AWD it will trump the GR Corolla as itā€™s an a more upscale car. If the Type-S remains FWD it will be a much harder choice. As the GR Corolla has 300 HP, a rally based AWD system, and a manual hatchback design to seal the deal.

However, this plan means I will never get to own a GR86 and I find that sad, itā€™s such a pure perfectly balanced (as all things should be) naturally aspirated RWD light sports car experience, even the GR Corolla and or the Integra Type-S will not feel quite as pure with AWD and far more HP. However itā€™s also cheaper on the interior comparatively, Iā€™ve always found the Civic Si to be a better screwed together car with a smoother engine, just not quite as exciting and sporty overall as a BRZ/86.

Yet in return you get all the utility back in the Civic or Interga with 4 or 5 doors. And better gas mileage. And the BRZ/GR86 lacks good places to put your phone, it has a strange cup holder location, the arm rest is not as good, the stereo is definitely nowhere near as good, the shifter is not as good, little things like that, more rattles, the roof is not braised as Honda and Acura does now ETC.

So itā€™s like a conundrum of how much are you willing to give up for that pure sports car RWD performance? For me, the AWD 300HP GR Corolla is a good compromise as would be the undoubtedly faster than most, perhaps even the Integra Type-S with MT and SH-AWD. They better do SH-AWD however, or I might find myself leasing or financing the Integra for only a year, then rocking the GR Corolla from then on, which will be tough to have those extra Integra luxuries and then go backwards on features just for AWD and 300HP, but it will be worth it if so.

Last edited: