• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Wheel Screeching & Interior Dash Color Mismatch

jram

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
Hello All

I recently purchased a White Platinum Pearl/Red Interior Integra Type S. I've been driving on the weekends and put about 260 miles on the vehicle and I've noticed a few issues, and wanted some more opinions from the Integra Community. Attached will be video and photo of exactly what I'm describing.

For some context I have not modified the car with any after market accessories such as any bolt-ons or tunes. I currently only have the mud flaps, and a tint. I tried looking through the forums for similar issues, if you know of a thread that exist with my issues I would ask that you point me in the right direction.

First issue I've been running into a very loud, unpleasant, screeching sound periodically coming from the right front wheel. This typically happens when I'm slow rolling and occasionally when I'm going at normal speeds I can hear it with the windows down. This screeching sound has been coming in and out since the second day I owned the car. It's not very pleasant, and quite honestly a little embarrassing to have such a beautiful car make this noise.

- Has anyone else heard of or experience this issue?
- Does this happen to any other Acura model?

Second issue I have is that the under the dashboard there is a piece of leather that matches the color combination of your interior and it goes all the way to the shifter. With my red interior that one piece is black. I've looked online and have not seen one other model to have that piece not be red. It's not by any means bad looking just not what I paid for. You're probably thinking "How did you not notice that when purchasing the car"... and the truth is I did, but I was told the red interiors replace that piece with black because it would be "To much red". This problem is not a big deal, and is very fixable and I'm it seems like it's covered by warranty.

- Has anyone seen that piece be the wrong color
- Is there anything else I should be on the lookout for after running into these types of issues?

Update 1
Just today I got information from the dealer near me that the screeching could be due to the rocks getting kicked up under the car onto a tray that is sitting underneath the car, and then making its way to the "wheel hub". This was their explanation after removing the part under the car and all the rocks fell out. I feel like rocks on the road are very common, and I wouldn't be the only one experiencing this issue. Does this mean every time there are rocks that get caught under my car this would happen? Sounds odd to me.

With that being said this is my first manual, and my first vehicle I've purchased. I love the car and super excited for the memories I will make. Glad to be a part of the community. Let me know your thoughts and I will update this thread in the future with any resolutions/persisting issues.

Attached Media

IMG_4042.jpeg

JCJai

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Abarth 500, 2024 Integra Type S
Yea that screech is real bad, i don't know anyone on here that has it that bad. The black trim is just hilarious, the explanation from the dealer is even more hilarious. That's suppose to match your interior colour, which is red.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
There is a rock between the brake rotor and the tin shield behind the brake rotor. If reversing the car doesn't dislodge it, you need to jack the car up, take the wheel off, and look behind the rotor to see where the rock is. Take a screwdriver, stick it in between the tin shield and the rotor and just pry the shield away from the rotor a tiny bit. Rock typically falls right out. I've had three or so of these rocks in the 2k miles I've owned the car. None of them required me to take the wheel off though, just drive slowly backwards and forwards for a few seconds and it usually falls right out.

My wife's Honda Pilot had one lodged in there, and it was stuck so good I did have to take the wheel off. Kind of a pain, but is what it is. Must be the design of the tin shield. Very common occurance with lots of us.

The trim piece being black is a mistake. either the dealer switched it because of a flaw or some damage, or the factory screwed up when assembling the car.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
The interior issue is a factory defect or dealer shenanigans. I'm not sure what I'd do in that case... I'm not sure what's involved in swapping that piece out, but you could try taking it to another dealer because these guys are clearly idiots. Or just lean into it because it's "special"? It's not hurting anything, some could argue it could possibly affect resale down the line but I don't even think that's a concern personally. If you like it, roll with it.

As for the rock- I suppose it just comes down to luck? I've read on here several people serially suffering from the rocks getting stuck, but personally I have only experienced that issue one time with any of the dozens of cars I've owned in my lifetime.

ChromaPop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai Veloster N; VW GTI's, Mazdaspeed 3, Mini C
I actually wish my Ebony Interior came with that boomerang shaped piece in red by accident.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Lol. I switched the red trim out for black. There's an Aspec rolling around somewhere with 4 seats and red trim.

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
There is a rock between the brake rotor and the tin shield behind the brake rotor. If reversing the car doesn't dislodge it, you need to jack the car up, take the wheel off, and look behind the rotor to see where the rock is. Take a screwdriver, stick it in between the tin shield and the rotor and just pry the shield away from the rotor a tiny bit. Rock typically falls right out. I've had three or so of these rocks in the 2k miles I've owned the car. None of them required me to take the wheel off though, just drive slowly backwards and forwards for a few seconds and it usually falls right out.

My wife's Honda Pilot had one lodged in there, and it was stuck so good I did have to take the wheel off. Kind of a pain, but is what it is. Must be the design of the tin shield. Very common occurance with lots of us.

The trim piece being black is a mistake. either the dealer switched it because of a flaw or some damage, or the factory screwed up when assembling the car.
it's this. i had a '15 Si which would fairly regularly get rocks in the wheels, they eventually fall out (either from your driving or from being ground down small enough to fall out :p)

as for the trim, the dealership is bullshitting you, or completely clueless. honestly the more ive dealt with dealerships, the more i'm surprised at how clueless the people they hire are (while still wanting to charge $100+ an hour for labor lol)