• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Does Honda actually test these cars on "real" roads? (screeching noise from front wheel)

vexingv

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS LCM/Red; '16 BMW M235-xdrive
i had this same problem a couple of weeks ago. there is currently construction nearby where i live so i think something got stuck there. it sounded horrible and i wasn't sure if it was my car or another car at first. i rolled down my windows to get a better listen and sure enough it was my car--screeching at coasting speeds. when i finally got to my destination, the sound disappeared.

spyder

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 IS350, 2019 TT Roadster, 2024 ITS
i had this same problem a couple of weeks ago. there is currently construction nearby where i live so i think something got stuck there. it sounded horrible and i wasn't sure if it was my car or another car at first. i rolled down my windows to get a better listen and sure enough it was my car--screeching at coasting speeds. when i finally got to my destination, the sound disappeared.
Same thing happened to me over the weekend. Was certain that it was one of the cars next to me until I rolled down the windows and realized it was coming from my car.

Pulled off into the nearest neighborhood, put it in reverse, turned the wheel and then braked. Had a few sportscars over the years and never had this happen.

OP
OP

glhs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra
I'm up to 1200 miles on the car now and we haven't had a reoccurance of the issue yet.

I just swapped my snow tires/rims on to the ITS today -- I went with 245/35/19 Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4s on stock rims -- these tires will be a lot less sticky than the factory rubber so I will give a few months and see how it goes.

slo_its

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
Had to deal with this a few days ago. It was so loud I initially thought someone was doing construction. Good thing we have the Interwebs and forums. My hands were black when I went into work but I felt better knowing it was resolved! I'm at about 5000km.

I feel like this must be a thing to do with tolerance being lower now or something. I've never had this happen before, nor has it happened to anyone in my family. Maybe larger rotors are more prone to this as I've never had anything this sized before.