• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

what is the invoice price of Integra Type S?

OP
OP

vexingv

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS LCM/Red; '16 BMW M235-xdrive
This is actually one of the reasons many are upset about the pricing of the ITS. It's based off the R&D of the Civic, one of the highest volume cars in the world. The interior for instance looks almost identical (while my RSX one looked SO much better than the Civic's at that time).

Aside from some minor tweaks and a widebody kit, it's even more similar to the CTR, yet $7K more as Acura wanted to cash in on the ADM's being paid by the desperate.
Along those same lines, since R&D is done and product lines are similar, Honda/Acura could also just build more of these vehicles to increase supply and minimize some of these markups we're seeing. Or if worried about unsold inventory, have a real queue/reservation system to order the car through Acura to have delivered to your dealership of choice.

Although this was back in 2015, with my BMW, i was essentially able to custom order my 2 series coupe with whatever options/packages i wanted, my dealership put that order in with one of their allocation slots. Then 2 months later my car arrived from Germany. i don't understand how Acura doesn't offer custom orders.

NearLeopard

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra ASpec/Tech 6MT, 23Mx5 Club Brembo
Absolute BS. Dealers can absolutely make money on the MSRP price. Granted, some dealers with high overhead will make less, but that's mismanagement on their end and has nothing to do with you, the customer. While the actual "markup" may only be 6k, forcing you to buy accessories is another form of a markup. Granted, if you were going to buy those accessories anyways, mandatory accessories can be a good bargaining tool to get them to lower their ADMs. But still, shady af.
This!

I feel like no one acknowledges that being forced to buy accessories is also a markup in disguise. Unless you are paying straight cash for your vehicle, you are now paying interest in the cost of those accessories for the life of your financing until it paid off.

In the end, the dealer gets the profit from whatever they mark up accessories by, the banks get profit from the higher loan interest, and you end up paying more for the accessories than you would if you just bought them on your own after the fact.

Even if you wanted those extra bits and were going to buy them anyway, it is ALWAYS better to buy them after so you aren't paying interest on them. Don't let the dealer tell you otherwise.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Even if you wanted those extra bits and were going to buy them anyway, it is ALWAYS better to buy them after so you aren't paying interest on them. Don't let the dealer tell you otherwise.
Except for the part where accessories bought during the purchase are covered by the same warranty as the car itself--not as critical for all-weather mats, but there's subjective value in the warranty factor.

NearLeopard

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra ASpec/Tech 6MT, 23Mx5 Club Brembo
Except for the part where accessories bought during the purchase are covered by the same warranty as the car itself--not as critical for all-weather mats, but there's subjective value in the warranty factor.
Interesting. I was under the impression that all accessories had their own warranty. I bought the carbon fiber spoiler for my ASpec about a week after my car and when the clear coat started to peel and fail on it I had zero issues getting it replaced under warranty for free. Not sure if it was just a good dealership, accessory warranty, or something else. They just said no problem, had my new spoiler there basically the next day, and swapped out for free.

OP
OP

vexingv

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS LCM/Red; '16 BMW M235-xdrive
as stated above, accessories usually have their own warranties although usually not as long as the car warranty itself (a couple of years or some mileage amount). for my insurance at least (GEICO), the insurance usually won't cover accessories/aftermarket parts without somehow adding a rider or adding some additional coverage. if it's installed from sale, then it should be covered without the need for additional coverage -- this is what was explained to me at least when the PPF on one panel of my car got scraped and i inquired whether i would be able to file a claim for replacement -- i would have had to declare the accessory beforehand. still, the problem with paying for accessories at the dealership is that the costs are typically inflated--you can get genuine parts on your own and install them for much cheaper (not to mention the interest being paid on accessories at time of purchase if financing that was already mentioned)

SierraOne

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A-Spec->ITS, '24 X1, '24 Navigator, '14 LR4
as stated above, accessories usually have their own warranties although usually not as long as the car warranty itself (a couple of years or some mileage amount). for my insurance at least (GEICO), the insurance usually won't cover accessories/aftermarket parts without somehow adding a rider or adding some additional coverage. if it's installed from sale, then it should be covered without the need for additional coverage -- this is what was explained to me at least when the PPF on one panel of my car got scraped and i inquired whether i would be able to file a claim for replacement -- i would have had to declare the accessory beforehand. still, the problem with paying for accessories at the dealership is that the costs are typically inflated--you can get genuine parts on your own and install them for much cheaper (not to mention the interest being paid on accessories at time of purchase if financing that was already mentioned)
True, but that assumes time, tools, and facilities are in place. If you manage to find non-inflated accessories and you value your time enough (or don't have the facilities/tools), it can be a good option. I'm not sure if this is just the dealerships I've been dealing with, but I've managed to get dealer-installed accessories added onto the BoS but not as a financed item. It just gets added onto my payable upon delivery total. So still covered until warranty from the get go, but no financing charges paid on them (as they are not being financed).