• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

ITSDAD

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
is anyone running ohlin coilovers on the forums? I remember seeing one YouTube guy have some on his, but surprised I don’t see more people running coilovers. Probably has to do with the keeping the various suspension settings?
Yea, @Zygrene (youtube guy), is actually on the forum, but I believe he mentioned making some changes to his current ohlins setup, perhaps he'll chime in.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
is anyone running ohlin coilovers on the forums? I remember seeing one YouTube guy have some on his, but surprised I don’t see more people running coilovers. Probably has to do with the keeping the various suspension settings?
Thought about it, but even the stock setup works great with a few other upgrades. Maybe I'll revisit in the future after learning more about tracking. The adjustability is great for coilovers like the Ohlins specifically. But aside from that could be considered overkill for most - unless you're a pro like Zygrene/Gridzilla. Even then, Ben Sampson (Point by Patrol) doesn't run them on his FL5. They are indeed a beautiful set too and this is a really good price on them. If my funds were more expendable I'd probably already have them too. 😆

Zygrene

First Name
Fenton
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
'91 NSX, '24 ITS
Yea, @Zygrene (youtube guy), is actually on the forum, but I believe he mentioned making some changes to his current ohlins setup, perhaps he'll chime in.
Thanks for the mention. Yep, I recently swapped my 6kg/10kg springs out for 7kg/7kg as suggested by Öhlins, based on their independent track/street testing of various spring rate combinations on their own DE5. The original rates were designed for FK8 Type R, and it seems like the FL5/DE5 doesn't require as much of a stagger. So far on the street with the new setup, the rear still feels a tad unsettled over bumps at high speed but I haven't adjusted the damping settings yet. I plan to experiment with it in the coming weeks and will be testing it at the track in mid/late June. Video will be posted to my channel probably in late June or early July.

ITSDAD

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
Bit of a long week, took my @RV6 downpipe out in hopes of fixing my O2 CEL issues for good.

The apparent fix was to thread the defouler in 2 additional turns, however, my defouler was seated as far as it could go with no room for adjustment.

I ground 2 threads off of the defouler and also ground the lock nut in half (didnt have a spare slim nut on hand, and didnt feel like putting everything back together to go to the hardware store.)

So far no CELs and ive been beating on it.

Also installed a hybrid turbo blanket, RV6 front pipe, PRL intercooler and charge pipes (installed constant tension worm gear clamps instead of the ones provided by PRL.

Anyone else feel like the PRL charge pipes are a bit of a rip off?
My bad for assuming, but I thought the tubing was supposed to ge bigger turns out the ID is the exact same as stock. HPS at least lists their cold side as 2.5 and hot side as 2.25. These seem small, guess the material promotes less heat transfer, that remains to be seen.

Last edited:

nix6speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
Got tired of how decontented my $50k+ premium luxury sedan is and after seeing @evanescent03 solution to this problem decided to add some features from mikstoregm.

First added the Homelink but in the visor instead of the mirror. The garage clickers already go where the visor is which is more convenient. I only went to state school and learning new habits is hard.

1000009779.jpg

Then I noticed people have been parking too close in public places since they treat their vehicles as disposables. I decided to add folding mirrors to help alleviate my anxiety while leaving my vehicle unattended.

1000009780.jpg

Lastly, I've heard comments over the years that the three exhaust tips are an odd choice and not everyone's cup of tea. I know some people don't care what others think but it's all I care about so I went ahead and added a fourth exhaust tip to help even things out.

1000009781.jpg

Finally I can drive around without the constant worry of why the bean counters at Acura decided to save eight cents per car leaving off these imperative features. Looking forward to improved sleeping patterns and reduced platform defending against internet critics. If you've read this far, my sincerest apologies.

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
Got tired of how decontented my $50k+ premium luxury sedan is and after seeing @evanescent03 solution to this problem decided to add some features from mikstoregm.

First added the Homelink but in the visor instead of the mirror. ..

1000009781.jpg
hahahaha you had me going … I was like why did this guy tag me. I’ve never added homelink to my visor. Saw the exhaust and said “yes.. this is familiar but … wait a second!”

Got mine out at the track this weekend … started out dry then downpour for a couple hours. Looks much better tomorrow though! Congrats on the new installs, enjoy!

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango

First added the Homelink but in the visor instead of the mirror. The garage clickers already go where the visor is which is more convenient. I only went to state school and learning new habits is hard.

1000009779.jpg

Then I noticed people have been parking too close in public places since they treat their vehicles as disposables. I decided to add folding mirrors to help alleviate my anxiety while leaving my vehicle unattended.

1000009780.jpg

Lastly, I've heard comments over the years that the three exhaust tips are an odd choice and not everyone's cup of tea. I know some people don't care what others think but it's all I care about so I went ahead and added a fourth exhaust tip to help even things out.

1000009781.jpg

Finally I can drive around without the constant worry of why the bean counters at Acura decided to save eight cents per car leaving off these imperative features. Looking forward to improved sleeping patterns and reduced platform defending against internet critics. If you've read this far, my sincerest apologies.
So I'm preeeeetty sure the exhaust tips are a joke but of course now intrigued. 😆

nix6speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
So I'm preeeeetty sure the exhaust tips are a joke but of course now intrigued. 😆
My wife, very unfortunately, recently broke her tibia. The Integra has plenty of space to hold a knee scooter just have to put the seat behind mine down. However, the newfangled insolvency purchase can only hold crutches so I suppose the Integra does have its advantages. Also, due to trunk temps getting a bit warm I put cooler bags around them to help out.

1000009777.jpg

Won't muck up this thread too much but after a nearly three year long wait finally picked up a C8Z late last night. Genuinely don't have any good pics yet but maybe I'll start a thread that'll include both cars. We'll see if the ITS gets to stay around long term. This is legitimately the end all dream two car combo. Whether my car enthusiast friends admit it or not it's obvious they don't understand my fondness of the ITS but it hasn't changed my mind about it at all!

Last edited:

crepr12

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS Black on Black
The Exhaust tips were the big tell...I have been on the corvette forum since 2005..the C8Z would be my 3rd Vette... Congrats on the C8Z, that will most likely be what I trade my GT-R for once the prices settle a bit..

Last edited:

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
My wife, very unfortunately, recently broke her tibia.
that sucks, hope she’s walking unassisted soon and feeling well. Doesn’t take long to realize the “large “ trunk out back isn’t ideal for certain items lol.. gets very warm.

ITS and c8z both represent some of the finest examples of ICE goodness.. manual transmission useable fun in the ITS and naturally aspirated flat crank v8.. 🤤

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
A few days back, but polished the exhaust tips. Looks far more premium and should have come like this from the factory.
IMG_7698.jpeg
Oh man the upkeep. I appreciated the blacked look compared to the FL5 because the sucker gets dirty quick.

bisquick

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS, '19 LSM RDX A-Spec
Oh man the upkeep. I appreciated the blacked look compared to the FL5 because the sucker gets dirty quick.
I don’t daily drive this car. Most of the time my cleanings consists of light dusting and removing brake dust. I do not see the polished tips be an issue for me.