• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
This is exactly why I never quite learned to get in the habit of heel-toe. I don't know exactly if it's ankle flexibility (I've sprained both ankles more times than I can count), foot size, pedal position for all the cars I've owned, or a combination of all of the above, but I just never found the "joy" of heel-toe that other manual transmission enthusiasts seem to have.

So since the auto-blip was introduced in the 981 I had, I haven't looked back.

But honestly, in a track setting? I don't understand why anyone would try to heel-toe when the auto rev match is available. It's just one more thing to make a mistake with, and no one, including other people you're out there with, wants to make a mistake on track.
I can't comment re: an on track setting but this falls back to the question as to why anyone would drive a manual when modern autos are faster and more efficient. Heel-toe is just an extension of that. It's definitely not a requirement in order to enjoy driving a manual but it does add to the joy of driving a manual. Like sprinkles on your ice cream!

Having said that, auto rev-match is fantastic for those mindless moments in traffic after a long day at work and downshifts that require a 50 RPM blip because you were chugging along in too high a gear. I leave mine on by default but I like that you can override it by manually blipping the throttle too.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I guess the argument is that with auto rev, you might as well just run an auto with paddle shifter. Maybe that’s a hot take? Personally, I run without the auto rev on street and at the track. Not because I’m trying to be cool, but because I find it very rewarding when I hit the rev match perfectly. Now, I will say that when I did the auto rev in track, it was quite a bit quicker lap time wise. So to each their own. I like the footwork part of it more than the extra few seconds of time.
Yeah, I understand preferences but there's not really a comparison to paddle shifters. I tried to make that argument to myself, actually several times, and it's a hard no. Paddle shifters are their own thing, and can be truly enjoyable, especially on track. But you're still missing a third pedal and the act of rowing through the gears. No comparison.

And honestly with some transmissions, namely the Porsche PDK, the paddle shifters are just there for people who insist on using them; basically the same philosophy of heel-toe. Those who use paddle shifters in a modern Porsche with PDK are only doing it because they think it's more enjoyable- it is demonstrably slower. The transmission itself does a better job 100% of the time- and until you've experienced it, the way the transmission auto-blips for itself is actually very enjoyable in its own right.

But it is in no way a substitute for a true manual.

I can't comment re: an on track setting but this falls back to the question as to why anyone would drive a manual when modern autos are faster and more efficient. Heel-toe is just an extension of that. It's definitely not a requirement in order to enjoy driving a manual but it does add to the joy of driving a manual. Like sprinkles on your ice cream!

Having said that, auto rev-match is fantastic for those mindless moments in traffic after a long day at work and downshifts that require a 50 RPM blip because you were chugging along in too high a gear. I leave mine on by default but I like that you can override it by manually blipping the throttle too.
This is where I've landed. I'm just not good at it, and don't care to practice to get better because I can live without it. Sometimes I envy those who are clearly enjoying the experience of heel-toe, but I've gotten past the concept that it's "more" fun. To those who enjoy it, sure... but I'm not one of those people so it's not applicable.

So all this to say the Acuity pedal thing is probably not on my short list of essential mods lol. But it's cool that it exists! Hopefully some folks who don't like the pedal placement have a fix with the Acuity product.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I don't have the patience to learn heel-toe. It's hard to master and my feet/ankles just don't seem flexible enough. I'm glad auto-rev is there! One less thing to worry about.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango

nix6speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
Went to coffee and cars yesterday morning. Afterwards there was a slammed bright orange Civic Si coupe and Subaru WRX rolling together on the CGI highway. The Subaru had a carbon hood, big wing, aftermarket exhaust, and looked like lots of mods. He must have been feeling confident in that Australian automobile as it was obvious he wanted to participate in a competition of acceleration. With a mostly stock car, the red S sticker for the shifter bezel really increases your adrenaline, and the added weight of a passenger I thought maybe it was finally time to take an L from one of those little oil eaters.

Starting in third gear and topping out fourth while keeping speeds well within legal limits on a closed course the car brand made for folks with 'alternative' lifestyles was only at my front fender and unable to get ahead. After accepting the K20 is champion of dud compact sedans he gave a thumbs up and left wondering if he should buy some overnight parts from the outback to improve his car's racing legacy.

Still waiting on those commission checks Acura. Can't keep providing this professional marketing for free. If you've read this far my sincerest apologies.

Last edited:

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
MHI stage 2 and RV6 BPV. Also partially installed the PRL Charge pipes, hot side.

20240505_18.jpg

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Changed oil, tire rotation, painted shifter bezel, added a sticker - thanks again @miksfield !! LOVE THE Calvin & Hobbes watermark btw - I didn't even see that at first. 😄

IMG_4296.jpeg

IMG_4298.jpeg

IMG_4411.jpeg

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
I was stopped waiting on traffic to pass and got a thumbs up today from this guy driving by. Nice wheels to him too..
thumbs up.jpg

Also, was at Fazoli's with my daughter last week and when we came out there was a teenager taking photos of my car. I said, "like the car?" He walked away I guess embarrassed I caught him taking photos and his mom shouted. "He Loves it!"

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
bezel looks great..
Fun dance sticker +75 exp points.. :lol:
😆 used SEM Trim Ultra Matte paint. They have a satin and gloss version too. Now I'm on to custom coating and engraving a shift knob.

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
😆 used SEM Trim Ultra Matte paint. They have a satin and gloss version too. Now I'm on to custom coating and engraving a shift knob.
Looks great! I have a similar project with that shifter trim. I didn't know why but it really bugs me that the "Type S" logo is so plain.

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
Shift knob sounds cool. Interested it how it will look. 👍

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Shift knob sounds cool. Interested it how it will look. 👍
I have another HR Chicane knob but with a red collar and black knob that I'm taking to a firearm custom shop that does engraving and cerakoting to try to make it as close to the old Skunk2 knob as possible - a dark gunmetal of some sort with red engraved gear pattern.

IMG_4440.jpeg

IMG_4438.jpeg

Last edited:

kvky

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS in PWP
Quick question - How'd you get the S to be red? Paint or vinyl? The black bezel looks great. I'm planning to vinyl wrap the piano black and never even considered doing something with the chrome shifter trim. Usually I'm adverse to all chrome and try to get rid of it but just hadn't thought about doing something to that part.