• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What’s it gonna take to get you to buy a Type S?

rflkptr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 FK7 Sonic Grey, '15 Outback Limited
Type S might be Automatic exclusive.
I am leaning towards them offering the 6 spd in that trim, what with their gearbox teaser a few months back. Seems like they're gearing up for an angry fanbase if they get our hopes up like that. No pun intended.

Why do you think it'll be an automatic exclusive?

OP - manual, OEM ground effects, and at least 250 hp. Those aren't hard lines though - I'll probably still spring for one.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
I am leaning towards them offering the 6 spd in that trim, what with their gearbox teaser a few months back. Seems like they're gearing up for an angry fanbase if they get our hopes up like that. No pun intended.

Why do you think it'll be an automatic exclusive?

OP - manual, OEM ground effects, and at least 250 hp. Those aren't hard lines though - I'll probably still spring for one.
The 1.5T would be the one that gets both the auto and manual version. Only reason why they won’t offer the manual on Type S is because it might use the 2.0T from the TLX instead of the on in the Accord/Type R. Also logically speaking the trim that will make the Integra the most money will be the A-Spec which would use the 1.5T. Actually the prototype they showed off was in fact an A-Spec.

rflkptr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 FK7 Sonic Grey, '15 Outback Limited
The 1.5T would be the one that gets both the auto and manual version. Only reason why they won’t offer the manual on Type S is because it might use the 2.0T from the TLX instead of the on in the Accord/Type R. Also logically speaking the trim that will make the Integra the most money will be the A-Spec which would use the 1.5T. Actually the prototype they showed off was in fact an A-Spec.
Apologies - I see what you are saying, but there is definitely precedence for Honda keeping sportier trims as solely manual (read, Si /Type R)... so while it being manual ONLY is light-years from probable, I would be surprised to see the sportiest Integra not have it. Unless this is the first Type S /"GSR adjacent" to not be offered in manual.

But what are your references for saying the prototype is an A-Spec?

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Apologies - I see what you are saying, but there is definitely precedence for Honda keeping sportier trims as solely manual (read, Si /Type R)... so while it being manual ONLY is light-years from probable, I would be surprised to see the sportiest Integra not have it. Unless this is the first Type S /"GSR adjacent" to not be offered in manual.

But what are your references for saying the prototype is an A-Spec?
Some key things to think about is that if Honda allows the Type S to be Manual only it would compete directly with the Type R and we all know that Honda doesn’t want a Type S to outperform/outsell a Type R. As much as I would love for the manual purest to get it on the Type S performance, I really feel that it won’t have it. Only 2.0T that can link to the manual are the one in the Type R (which won’t be in the Type S) and the one in the Accord which I fear won’t be put into it because of the lower hp compared to TLX 2.0t.

Reason being the Integra Prototype was the A-Spec was I was shown a photo of the interior of the Integra from the RadWood event. He showed me personally and on the bottom of the steering wheel it had the A-Spec logo. One thing to note, the Brembo brakes won’t come on A-Spec those of course will be for the Type S.

OP
OP
jd2157

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
That would be disappointing… not sure I want an Integra without a manual.
What I meant to say was please don’t put a manual in the Type S so I can save myself the $5-$10K.

Nerd-Vol

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Si Sedan, 2004 S2000
I would consider the type S if it was somehow less than $40k usd, and the non type-s models were less than 210hp.

Essentially I would prefer to go with the base engine, but if it’s an absolute dog and the Type-s is affordable for me, I’ll go that route.

6MT is really important too.

OP
OP
jd2157

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I would consider the type S if it was somehow less than $40k usd, and the non type-s models were less than 210hp.

Essentially I would prefer to go with the base engine, but if it’s an absolute dog and the Type-s is affordable for me, I’ll go that route.

6MT is really important too.
My guess is the Type S will be around $38K US.

Since the 1.5T is getting over 210hp on the dyno in the new Si my guess is the Integra will be listed at 210+ to distance itself from the Si a little on paper.

I’d like to have a 2.0T but will miss the fuel economy of the 1.5T. If Acura keeps pricing close to $40K CAD /w manual I’ll definitely give it a hard look.

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
A DCT plain and simple. I am not interested in having to always row gears and I am not interested in a CVT for the weekend.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
A DCT plain and simple. I am not interested in having to always row gears and I am not interested in a CVT for the weekend.
Think more 10 AT tuned for Type S.

Reactions: HKF
OP
OP
jd2157

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Think more 10 AT tuned for Type S.
Starting to think strongly 10AT only for Type S. With A Spec Tech being the only trim with MT that feels like them just doing the minimum to keep MT in the lineup for brand benefit as opposed to showing a commitment to it.

I expect them to continue that thinking in the Type S. It saves them money, improves acc times for bragging, and prob doesn’t do brand damage since ITS is a small audience already and ITS+MT even smaller. With a little eng I’m sure they could mate a MT to the TLX 2.0T which seems most likely motor but that would be a diff (but not impossible) approach vs strategy on the 1.5T. Using the Accord 2.0T with a few improvements and it’s MT would work too but again that wouldn’t be doing the minimum.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
Starting to think strongly 10AT only for Type S. With A Spec Tech being the only trim with MT that feels like them just doing the minimum to keep MT in the lineup for brand benefit as opposed to showing a commitment to it.

I expect them to continue that thinking in the Type S. It saves them money, improves acc times for bragging, and prob doesn’t do brand damage since ITS is a small audience already and ITS+MT even smaller. With a little eng I’m sure they could mate a MT to the TLX 2.0T which seems most likely motor but that would be a diff (but not impossible) approach vs strategy on the 1.5T. Using the Accord 2.0T with a few improvements and it’s MT would work too but again that wouldn’t be doing the minimum.
To me the people wanting the Type-S are more likely the people wanting the Manual as they are the performance lovers and the ones more likely to track the car.