• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Grelco

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
Re: previous complaints - it does have HUD, and it does have rear vents. But they're under the seats, not aimable.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
If I were a dealer I'd let people with deposits drive the demo. No one else.

Tired of hearing about the price. It costs what it costs. People are skipping out of dealerships if they can get a CTR for $52K so MSRP comparisons to that car are completely pointless. Move on.

Not including "amenities" like homelink is questionable, especially when it comes with a 16 speaker stereo. It's an interesting dichotomy with my context, as the last two new cars I bought were Porsches. Having literally no options to select from is a blessing and a curse. It's a blessing in the sense that I won't have to deal with agonizing whether to get the roll bars and door handles painted black, stitching in carmine red or python green, Bose or Burmester stereo, the list goes ON. It's maddening.

But it's definitely a curse in the sense that what you see is what you get, and you're left questioning why something just flat out isn't available, even though you'd be willing to pay for it.

All that being said... even with all the options available for Porsche, you still can't buy a 718 or a Macan with Android Auto in 2023.

There's always something to complain about...

And finally yes, the walkarounds are annoying because they're all the same. Someone tell me how Joe Raitti's walkaround he posted yesterday is any different from the one he posted a few months ago at Long Beach.

Last edited:

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4

Tired of hearing about the price. It costs what it costs. People are skipping out of dealerships if they can get a CTR for $52K so MSRP comparisons to that car are completely pointless. Move on.

Not including "amenities" like homelink is questionable, especially when it comes with a 16 speaker stereo. It's an interesting dichotomy with my context, as the last two new cars I bought were Porsches. Having literally no options to select from is a blessing and a curse. It's a blessing in the sense that I won't have to deal with agonizing whether to get the roll bars and door handles painted black, stitching in carmine red or python green, Bose or Burmester stereo, the list goes ON. It's maddening.

But it's definitely a curse in the sense that what you see is what you get, and you're left questioning why something just flat out isn't available, even though you'd be willing to pay for it.

All that being said... even with all the options available for Porsche, you still can't buy a 718 or a Macan with Android Auto in 2023.

And finally yes, the walkarounds are annoying because they're all the same. Someone tell me how Joe Raitti's walkaround he posted yesterday is any different from the one he posted a few months ago at Long Beach.
Amen to this! What I'm interested is into reviewers with enough balls to speak their minds and not repeat what they ALL here and read from the PR presentation.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

The car moved this time

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Si sedan (now 2023 Ford Focus ST-Line X)
I just got a mini garage door opener and put it on the underside of the front of my armrest and it works great and is $20 :) Sadly with the ITS round cut out, not sure how well that will work. Otherwise on the FL5 it looks like you can get a harness and replacement mirror for around $200.

The FL5 has navigation and voice recognition, so the $7K price difference isn't adding up to me. I don't need heated seats and a nice stereo THAT bad. Here is hoping that it has some other tricks up it's sleeve because it's getting hard to defend this MSRP.
yeah, the lack of some obvious things like Homelink, upgraded seats and rear center armrest make it hard to justify paying $8k more for the ITS, but factoring in ADM the difference won’t be $8k.

Bzal1122

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16 Tundra TRD Pro, 03 E46 M3, 23 gts4.0, 24 ITS
Just texted my dealer. Sounds like I won’t be able to test drive the demo. It’ll be open to sit in etc. but no driving.
I guess it’s dealer decision. Mine said they will prepare it for test dives the day it arrives for the clients with deposits. But , it’s also the color combo I want white/red , so I may not get my vehicle right away since I dont see another white /red coming right behind it . I also don’t want a demo people drive.

Last edited:

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
This feels more like they used the non-tech package Integra as the base of the type S instead of using the A spec w/ tech trim. Which is disappointing and unexpected considering the >$50k price relative to the A spec w/tech and type R. This really should have all the features/options both of those cars have.
But the A-Spec Integra doesn't have the ELS audio system and HUD, and both are carried into the Type-S--there's potential that they left gaps to allow room for a Type-S advance, but even that won't have everything at a price everyone will love.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R

You get a lot of crap (some of which you stir up 😆), but this was well said. You're getting at the paradox of choice:

The paradox of choice stipulates that while we might believe that being presented with multiple options actually makes it easier to choose one that we are happy with, and thus increases consumer satisfaction, having an abundance of options actually requires more effort to make a decision and can leave us feeling unsatisfied with our choice. If we only had to choose between 1% and 2% milk, it is easier to know which option we prefer, since we can easily weigh the pros and cons. When the number of choices increases, so does the difficulty of knowing what is best. Instead of increasing our freedom to have what we want, the paradox of choice suggests that having too many choices actually limits our freedom.

This is something that crosses my mind every time I see the, "Well I could get this BMW... or this VW.... or there's this that I might be able to track down pre-owned...". Nothing is perfect, and a narrow lens can actually help increase satisfaction.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
But the A-Spec Integra doesn't have the ELS audio system and HUD, and both are carried into the Type-S--there's potential that they left gaps to allow room for a Type-S advance, but even that won't have everything at a price everyone will love.
They sell the Aspec with Tech package that includes the ELS along with more features then what's available in the Type S. If you have the 6 Spd Aspec like I do it is only offered with the technology package.

meki22

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru Forester, LCM Integra Type-S
This is something that crosses my mind every time I see the, "Well I could get this BMW... or this VW.... or there's this that I might be able to track down pre-owned...". Nothing is perfect, and a narrow lens can actually help increase satisfaction.
Generally speaking, people who buy cars will find ways to justify their choice as they want to convince themselves and others that they made a practical and logical decision. But I personally believe that if you already have a reliable vehicle that can safely take you from point A to B, any other car purchase after that is mostly an emotional decision.

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Thanks for the heads-up @dadcab ! For those curious, Jon Rivers is talking about the next wave of reviewers while standing in front of a lineup of Acura cars. Nothing new in terms of news but he said the first wave had good things to say about the ITS.

P.S. That Type-S NSX in Gotham Grey is making me want to see an ITS in LCM
Now just wait for ITS PCM in Gotham gray