• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

First week with my 2023 Integra, Update 1000mi

solman

First Name
Sol
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra ASPEC 6MT TECH, 2011 Ford F250
I have my new Integra for a little more than a week now. 2023 6MT, in LCM. I have about 300 miles on it now. First tank of fuel gave me about 27.5 mpg mostly local roads driving.
I didn't like the HUD at first I thought it was distracting but I quickly got used to it. Most of the time I don't even notice it and sometimes I actually like it.
I am accustomed to the traditional lever type parking brake, but the button on the Integra has it's advantages. Takes up no room on the console is the biggest plus. Button "up" for brake on and button "down" for brake off. Same as the lever but in button form makes it easy to remember.
I did find that taller bottles in the drink holder gets in the way of my shifting as I like to rest my elbow on the armrest as I work the shifter.
I found that on a few occasions when I wanted to go to 5th gear from 4th and I ended up back in 3rd gear. It's as if the shifter wouldn't slide to the right in the gate. I guess that's just me and if I make the motion very deliberate and I'm fine.
Otherwise I find she shifts very nice and the car is a lot of fun to drive.
Handling is great and the ride firm but not over the top. Previous vehicle was a Kia Soul I used for commute to Jersey City every day. It was very reliable and easy for parking in tight spaces but a economy car amenities for sure. I am retired now and wanted to step up to a fun to drive car with some luxury and a great sound system.

Update: I have been enjoying the car more and more as I put some miles on.
Mileage is up to about 30mpg based on using the display info. With this level off performance and mostly local driving I am really impressed.
Performance is quick enough for me with the stock package. Others may change out parts to get a little more and that's fine but I don't see the need.
I generally switch off the idle shutdown feature as I find it annoying. With the hot weather and air conditioner running the engine doesn't stay off for long and I think the wear and tear on the starter, battery and alternator is not worth it.
Sometimes the lane keeping assist is a little too aggressive for me as heavy NJ traffic requires you swing out of lane slightly.
I did have some issues with Acuralink and needed to delete and reinstall the app on my Iphone twice to get it working reliably.
That's the only issue I stumbled upon and has nothing to do with the car itself.

Update Feb 28 2023 6,000 miles...
Car starts and runs well with no issues.
Still fun to drive and I have received numerous compliments on it.
Mileage has increased to 31 mpg based on the cars mileage minder. Mostly local driving. Based on my experience seems to be accurate.
A few minor complaints, not deal breakers...
Dealer changed out the button to release the hatch as it would freeze in cold weather.
Tech package display sometimes slow to boot and sometimes a bit buggy.
Acura link leaves a bit to be desired. I wanted to find my car in a large parking lot and instead of working it insisted on an update. Already required 2-3 updates in 6 months.
After dark in the rain the backup camera view is not really very good. Water flowing past the lens distorts the view. By design perhaps the water should be deflected from the camera area. This is the most troubling issue I have found.
Rear defogger I feel is a bit slow clear the glass.

Last edited: