• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Trade M240i for ITS?

OP
OP

S2KGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Mazda Miata Club, 2024 BMW M240i xDrive
As for the backseat. If you really want/need it, you can order a new back bench and seat belt from an A Spec and swap it in. Another member did just that. A bit pricey and definitely annoying but doable if the Integra is the car you absolutely want.
Anybody know if the interior color/design of the back seat is the same between the ITS and other trims? For instance, if I swap in a 3 person back seat will the red match the red? Could I just swap in the "60%" part of the seat that contains the middle seat and seat belt so I don't have to buy the other half or is it all one unit for the seat and all one unit for the backs?

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
Anybody know if the interior color/design of the back seat is the same between the ITS and other trims? For instance, if I swap in a 3 person back seat will the red match the red? Could I just swap in the "60%" part of the seat that contains the middle seat and seat belt so I don't have to buy the other half or is it all one unit for the seat and all one unit for the backs?
Don't know how well the colors match. Here's the post I was referring to, last one, with the PDF guide.

https://www.integraforums.com/forum...en-a-spec-and-type-s.51135/page-3#post-845253

ckone2030

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2024 BMW M3 Competition
Nice! Thanks for the link.
There are people that switch the back seats with Integra A-Spec seats and worked really well.

But the one risk is your insurance and any other legal stuffs if you get into an accident. The car is a 4 passenger car so the insurance may decline payment if you have 5 passengers. Just a thought.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I swapped red interior Aspec into my ITS.

Zircular

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GONE: ā€˜23 Integra A-Spec 6MT
I traded in my m240i for a A-Spec. The BMW is fast and fun but I never really drove it hard. I traded it in because I got quoted $3200 for a brake job and it wasn't practical for me anymore.
I went from a 2-car solution including a 3-pedal ā€˜17 M240i to an A-spec as my only car. No regrets, and I can only imagine a Type S would be even better in some respects. My problem with the M240i was that it felt more isolated and luxury-focused than I wanted a dedicated ā€œfun carā€ to be. Power was outstanding but almost too much to be fun on an average day. The only audible indication of engine speed was the fake piped-in sound. Finally, it felt like nobody at BMW had bothered to make sure that engine maps actually worked with the manual transmission. Throttle inputs during a shift did something slightly different every time, making it extremely difficult to drive smoothly and consistently. In short, I think the M240 makes a very decent GT car in stock form but it lacked something on the great back roads available around here.

Even though itā€™s objectively ā€œworseā€ in a lot of respects I have more fun in the 1.5L Integra. I feel much better connected to it and I can wind it out most any time the mood strikes. Plus I get to enjoy it every day instead of dailying something else with 4 doors. And I get a break from maintaining a pair of needy European cars! Might look into upgrading to a Type S at some point, myself. But I probably donā€™t need it.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Si sedan (now 2023 Ford Focus ST-Line X)
I'm sure the M240i is a great car, but for my purposes it was never even a consideration. The ITS is on another level with driver engagement. I'd probably say the M240 is on another level for a luxury tourer experience, if that's what you want.

Your car history implies that you'd love this car.
same here, I donā€™t put these two cars in the same category of driving fun, especially the M240i being an automatic. M2 would be more comparable.

I think on track or a great road a powerful automatic can be great fun, but in day to day driving the manual adds greatly to the enjoyment.

do it. FWD + LSD + snow tires kicks ass in snow.

nawfoo

First Name
Kay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
You can get a m240i in manual. I wou'dnt compare a M2 to a ITS

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Si sedan (now 2023 Ford Focus ST-Line X)
You can get a m240i in manual. I wou'dnt compare a M2 to a ITS
Used one, canā€™t get a new manual non M car. Iā€™d take an ITS over an M2.

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
I haven't driven a G42 yet but I also don't think you'll miss the power moving from the M240i either. What you lose in brute force from the M240i you'll gain in a more focused drive in the Type S.

I don't own an ITS yet but the impression I got from the test drive some months ago had me (for a brief moment) consider my M2C for trade. Though down on power, the ITS is much more accessible during everyday driving.

My 2'er always felt like a rabid bulldog on a short leash. The ITS is more like golden retriever on a brisk walk.

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Anybody have issues with the ITS in the snow after putting on proper winter tires? That's the only reason why I would prefer AWD as where I live we get quite a bit of snow, but I also don't have to drive in it if it's super bad. As long as the car can get up hills and such when there's moderate snow on the road that's the main thing I care about.
Zero issues with this car in the winter. Iā€™m in Colorado with some glarly blizzard storms. Iā€™m running 275/35R19 Vredestein Wintrac pro tires on oem wheels.

the Integra has climbed up steep hills and cut through deep snow (7ā€ so far) like a champ. Quality snow tires are what matters and this is a FWD with great handling. Rear wheel drive is what would give you trouble.

984703EB-5450-4170-89BC-AD7165357BD0.jpeg

63DB8B6F-06C1-404F-A0D0-4CC831A2D0EF.jpeg
C8405435-41E9-4D78-8B32-BDDFA977F383.jpeg

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
- 2 rear seats (although I wish Acura would have just kept the middle seat in the back)
As for the backseat. If you really want/need it, you can order a new back bench and seat belt from an A Spec and swap it in. Another member did just that. A bit pricey and definitely annoying but doable if the Integra is the car you absolutely want.

We have the PS4S tire load rating to thank for that. 5 people in the car would exceed the max load so they "solved" it with cup holders.

Here you go:
$670 in parts. I run 275 width tires now to increase load rating as Integra23 has done. Cleared it with insurance with written confirmation.

edit: I swapped in just the 60% portion. You wouldnā€™t be able to tell looking at pictures nor can you even tell in person. No color matching issues.

https://www.integraforums.com/forum/attachments/integra-type-s-seat-conversion-pdf.230274/

Last edited: