• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Trade M240i for ITS?

S2KGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Mazda Miata Club, 2024 BMW M240i xDrive
I'm seriously considering swapping out my M240i for a ITS. Mainly because I'm an old school Honda fan and am missing my Honda manuals. Wanted to post the comparison I've come up with so far and see if I'm missing anything.

Things I like that the M240i has that ITS doesn't:
- More power, quicker acceleration
- AWD
- Auto-dim side mirrors
- Homelink garage door opener
- Bird's eye view parking assist and front view camera
- Heated steering wheel (I know this is a dealer option on the Acura)
- App with live view of cameras
- Quieter cabin (I'm guessing)
- Power driver's seat with memory settings

Things I like that the ITS has that the M240i doesn't:
- Manual transmission
- 4 doors
- Better handling feel, different visibility

Things I like that both cars have:
- Blind spot lights in side mirrors
- Head up display
- Wireless CarPlay
- Wireless charging pad
- Heated seats
- 2 rear seats (although I wish Acura would have just kept the middle seat in the back)

Anybody have issues with the ITS in the snow after putting on proper winter tires? That's the only reason why I would prefer AWD as where I live we get quite a bit of snow, but I also don't have to drive in it if it's super bad. As long as the car can get up hills and such when there's moderate snow on the road that's the main thing I care about.

Is this a crazy swap to consider? Clearly the M240i has a lot more features and power (it's got all sorts of other fancy things but I don't really care about those), but it's lacking the manual and the back doors and of course the Honda magic. The M240i feels like a large car that I can't see out of very well to me, even though I know the Integra is actually slightly larger. My previous cars have included 1999 Integra GS-R, 2002 2004 2008 S2000s, 2004 RSX Type S, 2006 Accord V6 6MT, 2011 CR-Z 6MT, 2014 Civic Si, 2018 Civic Type R, and 2021 Civic Sport 6MT.... so I think I might have an addiction to Honda manual transmissions....

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Do it! It's an awesome drive. So agile and engaging. It's like the RSX only way better!! I had a 2005 RSX Type-S and I feel like I'm back! I had a VW GTI, Mazdaspeed 3, RSX Type S, and this is like putting all of the best parts of those cars together, and making it even more refined and exciting to Drive.

nix6speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
Added one to your list.

- Manual transmission
- 4 doors
- Over 600 pounds lighter

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
- Exclusivity. Maybe specifically the M240i is about as rare as the the ITS but BMWs are a dime a dozen on the road.
- Long term mechanical piece of mind and/or a heavier wallet. BMWs can last just as long as a Honda product but you'll need to pay handsomely for regular maintenance comparatively.
- Better long term resale value. After 10 years my Civic Si was worth as much as a fully loaded 550i of about the same year and milage.

I'm a strong believer you buy a Honda/Toyota (Acura/Lexus) and lease a BMW, Audi or Benz. If you're a short term owner, one of the cornerstones of the car's values is right out the window and I would stick with the Beemer.

Bonus:
- Turn signals you don't have to be ashamed to use. ;)

OP
OP

S2KGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Mazda Miata Club, 2024 BMW M240i xDrive
- Exclusivity. Maybe specifically the M240i is about as rare as the the ITS but BMWs are a dime a dozen on the road.
- Long term mechanical piece of mind and/or a heavier wallet. BMWs can last just as long as a Honda product but you'll need to pay handsomely for regular maintenance comparatively.
- Better long term resale value. After 10 years my Civic Si was worth as much as a fully loaded 550i of about the same year and milage.

I'm a strong believer you buy a Honda/Toyota (Acura/Lexus) and lease a BMW, Audi or Benz. If you're a short term owner, one of the cornerstones of the car's values is right out the window and I would stick with the Beemer.

Bonus:
- Turn signals you don't have to be ashamed to use. ;)
Do you think in general Acura is a rarer car on the road than BMW? I guess that would make sense given their current lack of models... but I don't actually notice it that way as I see a lot of them out and about.

I tend to be a short term owner (this will be my 35th car)... but I keep telling myself once I find the perfect car I'll try to keep it haha.

The only negatives with the ITS that might bother me over time are the lack of the third seat in the back, the lack of auto dimming side mirrors, and the lack of the memory power seat. I can always add the Homelink stuff if I want. Why they pulled the third seat and the seat memory when it is already in the Integra's other trims is a mystery to me. I would rather have manual seats than a power seat with no memory function, because it takes a lot longer to reset the power seat if somebody else has driven it versus a manual seat.

Midnight_VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
Is this even a question? A resounding yes. Get the ITS!

ckone2030

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2024 BMW M3 Competition
Do you think in general Acura is a rarer car on the road than BMW? I guess that would make sense given their current lack of models... but I don't actually notice it that way as I see a lot of them out and about.

I tend to be a short term owner (this will be my 35th car)... but I keep telling myself once I find the perfect car I'll try to keep it haha.

The only negatives with the ITS that might bother me over time are the lack of the third seat in the back, the lack of auto dimming side mirrors, and the lack of the memory power seat. I can always add the Homelink stuff if I want. Why they pulled the third seat and the seat memory when it is already in the Integra's other trims is a mystery to me. I would rather have manual seats than a power seat with no memory function, because it takes a lot longer to reset the power seat if somebody else has driven it versus a manual seat.
Not Acura in general, but ITS is currently very rare due to the high demand and low supply. Acura is purposely only making up to 10% Type S vs. the general Integras. For example, I live in GA and I have only seen 2-3 ITS since July 2023. This past weekend I went to the Caffeine and Octane car show in Atlanta area and from the thousands of cars there, mine was the only ITS there.

And as for your comment about the lack of features in the ITS, I would say test drive it first. The ITS is such a great machine that you don’t buy it for the bells and whistles. I believe the lack of third seat, sunroof, etc. was the Honda/Acura engineering team trying to cut weight or cost or both. I say this because I also own a G80 M3 and I have to say that the driving experience of the ITS is better. I take my M3 for straight line speed and creature comforts any day, but I have a lot more fun and engagement driving the ITS. Take it to the mountains and you will not regret buying it. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I'm sure the M240i is a great car, but for my purposes it was never even a consideration. The ITS is on another level with driver engagement. I'd probably say the M240 is on another level for a luxury tourer experience, if that's what you want.

Your car history implies that you'd love this car.

FloArm

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
PRP ITS
To answer your questions around drivability in the snow, with proper winter tires it is perfectly fine. I was actually going to post yesterday how impressed I was with the ITS yesterday. Chicagoland had some nasty weather. Western burbs saw around 4 inches of snow, and not just powdery stuff but that nasty slush crap. Overall, i felt very confident in the car with my pirellis. Traction control kept things in check if i got a little “big-toe“ happy with the pedal. Think even with good all seasons, like the lovely Conti DWS06 which i had on my S4, will do great with this. FWD in general is good in snow

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS

Depends on the market, I can't speak for all places but I would generally bet that car wise, in most markets easily more BMW versus Acuras. With SUVs included, it muddies that statement since I think Acura does a much better job selling them.

Locally in Montreal Quebec, other than at the dealer I have yet to see another type S on the road and it's rare to see an Integra (or even an ILX, TLX). BMW 2, 3 and 4 series, I can spin around in a parking lot blindfolded and probably be pointing towards one.

As for the backseat. If you really want/need it, you can order a new back bench and seat belt from an A Spec and swap it in. Another member did just that. A bit pricey and definitely annoying but doable if the Integra is the car you absolutely want.

We have the PS4S tire load rating to thank for that. 5 people in the car would exceed the max load so they "solved" it with cup holders.

Lastly there are plenty of very minor things to nitpick about if you're really looking for them but once you drive it, you just don't care. You don't care that it takes an extra 10 seconds to set up the seat again, you're too busy day dreaming about the drive you're about to embark on. This is totally just my opinion on the matter but I think it's shared by others *after they have seat time in the car.

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
I'm seriously considering swapping out my M240i for a ITS. Mainly because I'm an old school Honda fan and am missing my Honda manuals. Wanted to post the comparison I've come up with so far and see if I'm missing anything.

Things I like that the M240i has that ITS doesn't:
- More power, quicker acceleration
- AWD
- Auto-dim side mirrors
- Homelink garage door opener
- Bird's eye view parking assist and front view camera
- Heated steering wheel (I know this is a dealer option on the Acura)
- App with live view of cameras
- Quieter cabin (I'm guessing)
- Power driver's seat with memory settings

- Manual transmission
- 4 doors

Things I like that both cars have:
- Blind spot lights in side mirrors
- Head up display
- Wireless CarPlay
- Wireless charging pad
- Heated seats
- 2 rear seats (although I wish Acura would have just kept the middle seat in the back)

Anybody have issues with the ITS in the snow after putting on proper winter tires? That's the only reason why I would prefer AWD as where I live we get quite a bit of snow, but I also don't have to drive in it if it's super bad. As long as the car can get up hills and such when there's moderate snow on the road that's the main thing I care about.

Is this a crazy swap to consider? Clearly the M240i has a lot more features and power (it's got all sorts of other fancy things but I don't really care about those), but it's lacking the manual and the back doors and of course the Honda magic. The M240i feels like a large car that I can't see out of very well to me, even though I know the Integra is actually slightly larger. My previous cars have included 1999 Integra GS-R, 2002 2004 2008 S2000s, 2004 RSX Type S, 2006 Accord V6 6MT, 2011 CR-Z 6MT, 2014 Civic Si, 2018 Civic Type R, and 2021 Civic Sport 6MT.... so I think I might have an addiction to Honda manual transmissions....
Hoe engaging is the M2?
That is all I would consider, are you trading up to a car that is fun to drive?
If so, don't look back, just go.

ckone2030

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2024 BMW M3 Competition
Did you ask the same in a BMW group?
Curious to see what they say.
I belong to some of the BMW forums but most (maybe all of them) are die hard European car fanatics so Japanese cars are almost never mentioned. The would do comparisons with Audi, Mercedes, Porche, Alfa and other European cars.

akoza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Yesterday I went for my first proper snow drive in the Chicagoland area after we got a few inches of snow. I'm on 235/40/18 Blizzaks and didn't have any issues with stopping or going. The only thing I noticed was the car can have a bit of understeer on turns, but I attribute this to the lack of a manual handbrake. All my previous cars have been FWD with a manual handbrake and I would use it quite a bit (responsibly) to help me through turns. Not sure how much of a difference it'll make for you "downgrading" from AWD. That being said, if your main concern is making it up hills, I had no problem making it up some pretty steep hills with the same tires on my MK7 GTI (w/ traction control turned on). Just needed to get a little bit of momentum and occasionally zig zag my front wheels to get some extra bite in the snow. I imagine the ITS would perform similarly on hills.

To answer your questions around drivability in the snow, with proper winter tires it is perfectly fine. I was actually going to post yesterday how impressed I was with the ITS yesterday. Chicagoland had some nasty weather. Western burbs saw around 4 inches of snow, and not just powdery stuff but that nasty slush crap. Overall, i felt very confident in the car with my pirellis. Traction control kept things in check if i got a little “big-toe“ happy with the pedal. Think even with good all seasons, like the lovely Conti DWS06 which i had on my S4, will do great with this. FWD in general is good in snow
Nice to see another ITS in the west suburbs. Since I got mine 4 months ago, I've only seen one other out in the wild.