• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tire recommendations for OEM A-Spec wheel

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
Hi all,

I am going to swap out my factory tires on my de4. I have the shark grey ASpec wheels currently. Who has updated the tires on these wheels and what is your experience with the selected rubber?
I’m happy to hear all details you have to tell with regards to pros and cons of your choice of rubber, sizing recommendations, sizing with the thought of future suspension mods in mind, etc.

My integra is my daily driver and I am looking for a quality tire that’ll last longer than these factory continental did (30k miles and they have lost nearly all wet traction it feels and the road noise has gotten worse than they already were when new) as well as run quiet and perform well in the summer, the rain and even tackle light snow (SE Pennsylvania here) I also wouldn’t mind a ‘meaty’ tire look but unsure what tire I could use and what size to get this effect, but ultimately, comfort and longevity are what I’m really after

With the wheel being 18x8, I was thinking of going with DWS06+ in a 245/35. Should I stick with factory spec at 235/40 with this more premium conti tire?

thanks for reading and hope to hear from those with history’s with the integra, civic or fwd cars in general with regards to tires. 🤙

Last edited:

Dakei

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec 6MT
Honestly the DWS06+ in 245/35 is a solid choice with the next best thing being the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 A/S tires. The Michelins are also more expensive so you do you.

OP
OP
SeanIsElsewhere

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honestly the DWS06+ in 245/35 is a solid choice with the next best thing being the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 A/S tires. The Michelins are also more expensive so you do you.
That was going to to be my runner up! Have you ran the Michelins in the past/present? Would you recommend the 245/35 in the Michelins as well or more sidewall on one or both?

Padre Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra A-Spec, Tech. MT
I have Michelin PilotSport 4AS in stock size on my car. Much smoother and quieter ride, and a LOT grippier than the OEM Conti’s.

OP
OP
SeanIsElsewhere

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have Michelin PilotSport 4AS in stock size on my car. Much smoother and quieter ride, and a LOT grippier than the OEM Conti’s.
Oh nice! You went with the 235/40 setup?
One of the big perks of the Michelins I’ve come to find is the reinforced sidewall (even moreso with the size you have) and the effectiveness of it in combating tire slop in the twisties at speed. Have you gotten to take these through all the elements to date? I’m happy to hear how much quieter over the stock contis they are. I have been so used to them that it thrills me that it is a night and day difference it sounds like

Zircular

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GONE: ‘23 Integra A-Spec 6MT
I put PSAS4s on my A-spec after one of the OEM Contis popped a sidewall on a pothole last November. They’ve been great through the cold weather. They whined just a little when new but quieted down quickly as they wore in. I’ve had DWS06 and DWS06+ on previous cars and thought they were very capable as well. Went with the Michelins this time just to try something different. I’d be hard pressed to tell you if one is objectively better than the other.

OP
OP
SeanIsElsewhere

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I put PSAS4s on my A-spec after one of the OEM Contis popped a sidewall on a pothole last November. They’ve been great through the cold weather. They whined just a little when new but quieted down quickly as they wore in. I’ve had DWS06 and DWS06+ on previous cars and thought they were very capable as well. Went with the Michelins this time just to try something different. I’d be hard pressed to tell you if one is objectively better than the other.
Thank you for your input when trying both of these tires! Do you notice a measurable amount of performance increase with regards to cornering or entering exiting on/off ramps etc or just generally feel more confident on these new tires?

Zircular

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GONE: ‘23 Integra A-Spec 6MT
Thank you for your input when trying both of these tires! Do you notice a measurable amount of performance increase with regards to cornering or entering exiting on/off ramps etc or just generally feel more confident on these new tires?
Compared to the OEM tires the cornering limits are significantly higher both dry and wet. Where the original tires started to shriek at me the Michelins keep sticking. I also find that the car feels more stable at highway speeds. I have a sense of the car being more “planted” than before the swap. (I had the car aligned and they barely had to touch it, so it really is down to tires.) I haven’t even noticed a fuel economy hit, which is kind of amazing to me.

I’ve had those ContiProContacts as original equipment on past vehicles as well and I’ve never liked them. Continental can make a very good tire but the factory set isn’t one of them.

OP
OP
SeanIsElsewhere

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Compared to the OEM tires the cornering limits are significantly higher both dry and wet. Where the original tires started to shriek at me the Michelins keep sticking. I also find that the car feels more stable at highway speeds. I have a sense of the car being more “planted” than before the swap. (I had the car aligned and they barely had to touch it, so it really is down to tires.) I haven’t even noticed a fuel economy hit, which is kind of amazing to me.

I’ve had those ContiProContacts as original equipment on past vehicles as well and I’ve never liked them. Continental can make a very good tire but the factory set isn’t one of them.
That is awesome to hear and exactly what I’m looking for. I don’t push the car crazy as it may daily but even mediocre turns around my neighborhood become screeching messes with lack of grip. I’m happy to hear there is an improvement there and also on the highway with regards to stability as I put almost 75 highway miles a day on her. Definately getting an alignment alongside my tire install. Unsure if I’m currently experiencing this sticky steering issue, worn tires as well as misaligned, or a combo of both. Thank you for sharing mate 🤙

OP
OP
SeanIsElsewhere

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
went with the Conti DWS06+ in a 245/40 on the OEM A-Spec wheel. I’ve gotten about 100 miles on them so far and I am loving them more and more each day. Plus they look decent with stock suspension.
Ordered Eibach 20mm spacers on Friday so excited to peep the look in one of the next few weekends when I get the time to throw them on. I’ll be sure to post pics once completed 🤙 thank you all for your input!

HardiHarHard

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘24 Integra Aspec Tech
went with the Conti DWS06+ in a 245/40 on the OEM A-Spec wheel. I’ve gotten about 100 miles on them so far and I am loving them more and more each day. Plus they look decent with stock suspension.
Ordered Eibach 20mm spacers on Friday so excited to peep the look in one of the next few weekends when I get the time to throw them on. I’ll be sure to post pics once completed 🤙 thank you all for your input!
Pics?

HardiHarHard

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘24 Integra Aspec Tech
I can send a pic of the side profile with the new tires if you’d like but I don’t have the spacers installed yet. Likely will have them by the end of the month though
Please do. I really like the OEM+ look and I love the DWS06+’s. Do the Eibach spacers fit correct without modification or trimming the existing studs? Interested in this same setup for sure.

OP
OP
SeanIsElsewhere

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Please do. I really like the OEM+ look and I love the DWS06+’s. Do the Eibach spacers fit correct without modification or trimming the existing studs? Interested in this same setup for sure.
this is her with the 245/40s on. Little chunky but I like it like that. I think it’ll look even sweeter once the spacers are on.
The stock ASpec wheels have little pockets that, once a spacer is installed, the original studs that come through the spacer contact these pockets slightly (when going with 20mm; with 25mm, they don’t stick through. 15mm would be too deep and don’t work) in the search function of this forum, search “20mm spacers” and look at early posts in the ASpec integra section. @JC-RH was one of the first to do it back in summer of 22 and outlines all of the issues involved, etc. he actually ran 20mm in the front and 25mm in the rear while lowered and it looked sick (before he went full coilover and 3 piece wheels)
image.jpg

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
this is her with the 245/40s on. Little chunky but I like it like that. I think it’ll look even sweeter once the spacers are on.
The stock ASpec wheels have little pockets that, once a spacer is installed, the original studs that come through the spacer contact these pockets slightly (when going with 20mm; with 25mm, they don’t stick through. 15mm would be too deep and don’t work) in the search function of this forum, search “20mm spacers” and look at early posts in the ASpec integra section. @JC-RH was one of the first to do it back in summer of 22 and outlines all of the issues involved, etc. he actually ran 20mm in the front and 25mm in the rear while lowered and it looked sick (before he went full coilover and 3 piece wheels)
image.jpg
Sean is right. I ran a 20mm/25mm setup initially. If I could do it again, I’ll probably do 20/20 even with the wheel stud issues described in my posts. The 25mm in the rear tends to slightly rub if you have camber arms (to reduce negative camber) and go for an aggressive drop and/or tend to carry a lot of cargo. I guess it all comes down to preference and what matters to you. Just be aware of the pros and cons of either decision.

Last edited: