• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Thinking of changing out the speakers in the A-Spec

LoneStar34

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec with Tech (Blk Majestic Pearl)
I'm considering changing out the speakers in my Integra. They don't sound terrible or anything by any means. I just think it could be a little better. I popped the grille for the subwoofer, and was disappointed that it was just a plain old paper speaker. I'm thinking of adding in a better subwoofer as well. The question becomes is do I try to keep it in the factory location, or get a regular sub/box combo?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I'm considering changing out the speakers in my Integra. They don't sound terrible or anything by any means. I just think it could be a little better. I popped the grille for the subwoofer, and was disappointed that it was just a plain old paper speaker. I'm thinking of adding in a better subwoofer as well. The question becomes is do I try to keep it in the factory location, or get a regular sub/box combo?
Keep us posted on what you do. I think it sounds good but could use some more bass.

Ap2Iven

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda s2000 / 10th Gen Civic
If you keep factory location when replacing subwoofer speaker , please post what brand you decided to go with and how much of difference it makes… I plan to leave all the speakers alone but the subwoofer is the first and only one to go get switched out

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
OP
OP
LoneStar34

LoneStar34

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I’m pretty sure they all are.

OEMjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra, 99 Audi A4
To my ears the mid-bass is too hi creating a boomy effect. Honestly, just a few more sliders on that EQ would help TONS.

Unless you are hearing speaker distortion paper cones are perfectly fine...

Ap2Iven

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda s2000 / 10th Gen Civic
So after a few days of listening to different types of music , I do feel like the extra speakers and sub doesn’t do justice on its selling point or brand name for it being a tech package . Will definitely be looking for an upgrade for the trunk subwoofer, if anyone has a suggestions on what they swapped out please let me know.

Wojo

First Name
Beef Cake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec CVT, 2015 TLX , 2002 TL Type S
To my ears the mid-bass is too hi creating a boomy effect. Honestly, just a few more sliders on that EQ would help TONS.

Unless you are hearing speaker distortion paper cones are perfectly fine...
agree on the bass, a real EQ would be great, i think a little more power would help

OP
OP
LoneStar34

LoneStar34

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think that this is the sun I’d go with for keeping the factory location. It says it will get down to 20 Hz, so those low notes should come in right. If I decide to change out the front doors at least, I’ll probably go with a Morel set. I haven’t popped off the door panels to look at things yet, though.

ED451CC3-79A3-4AF0-8EE9-C2FDBF60EF27.png

OEMjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra, 99 Audi A4
agree on the bass, a real EQ would be great, i think a little more power would help
Yea i'd look into a higher wattage + cleaner amplifier first. If you can push the system without amp/speaker distortion then it'll increase the dynamics and clarity.

I'M A SoUnD GuY

Wojo

First Name
Beef Cake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec CVT, 2015 TLX , 2002 TL Type S
Yea i'd look into a higher wattage + cleaner amplifier first. If you can push the system without amp/speaker distortion then it'll increase the dynamics and clarity.

I'M A SoUnD GuY
i am too, bigger cleaner amp would be my way to go first

OP
OP
LoneStar34

LoneStar34

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I decided to go with a JL Audio HO110-W6V3 with a JL Audio RD1000/1 for the bass. I reached out to Crutchfield for assistance on where to tap into the factory signal, and they stated they didn’t have any Research on the Integra as of yet, so he recommended both the rear channels for a full signal to the sub. I should be installing it over the next few weeks, so once it’s done, I’ll post some pics and video.

rich7930

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
Same.... i thought for sure this system would sound much better but im not happy with the bass... I just ordered a Skar loaded bass tube 10" that wont take up to much space, now im just figuring out which Line out converter to go with.... In past cars i would us an LCI2 but with this one having a factory amp and what not, im not sure what to go with, lots of options out there, here is one i found on Crutchfield.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_241BASSRES/Wamacr-vtech-bassRESTOR.html?tp=100807