• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Thinking of changing out the speakers in the A-Spec

tatus_legarius

First Name
Isaia
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
’23 Integra A-Spec Tech (CVT)
I decided to go with a JL Audio HO110-W6V3 with a JL Audio RD1000/1 for the bass. I reached out to Crutchfield for assistance on where to tap into the factory signal, and they stated they didn’t have any Research on the Integra as of yet, so he recommended both the rear channels for a full signal to the sub. I should be installing it over the next few weeks, so once it’s done, I’ll post some pics and video.
Would it be a dumb idea to just install another sub? I was thinking that since I want to throw a spare tire in the car from the Civic , I could also toss in a spare tire mounted sub. It won’t be perfect but I’m thinking that the factory sub and the spare tire one would sound better together.

I’ve also blown a tweeter this week (driver side a-pillar) and it’s bugging me and I’ve been curious about popping off the door cards and seeing if I can’t swap for some nicer speakers. The ones I have are from my Corolla though that only had 4 speakers and 2 tweeters in the dash. I’m curious how much more complicated the additional speakers will be.

OP
OP
LoneStar34

LoneStar34

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec with Tech (Blk Majestic Pearl)
Same.... i thought for sure this system would sound much better but im not happy with the bass... I just ordered a Skar loaded bass tube 10" that wont take up to much space, now im just figuring out which Line out converter to go with.... In past cars i would us an LCI2 but with this one having a factory amp and what not, im not sure what to go with, lots of options out there, here is one i found on Crutchfield.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_241BASSRES/Wamacr-vtech-bassRESTOR.html?tp=100807
You wouldn’t want to do that due to the possibility of the subs messing with each other.
Would it be a dumb idea to just install another sub? I was thinking that since I want to throw a spare tire in the car from the Civic , I could also toss in a spare tire mounted sub. It won’t be perfect but I’m thinking that the factory sub and the spare tire one would sound better together.

I’ve also blown a tweeter this week (driver side a-pillar) and it’s bugging me and I’ve been curious about popping off the door cards and seeing if I can’t swap for some nicer speakers. The ones I have are from my Corolla though that only had 4 speakers and 2 tweeters in the dash. I’m curious how much more complicated the additional speakers will be.
You wouldn’t want to put two subs in there together like that necessarily. I’ve done some reading up on them being done like that. It’s all about frequencies and how each sub operates. It can be done with proper tuning and such, but you’d have to research it.

tatus_legarius

First Name
Isaia
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You wouldn’t want to put two subs in there together like that necessarily. I’ve done some reading up on them being done like that. It’s all about frequencies and how each sub operates. It can be done with proper tuning and such, but you’d have to research it.
Yeah that makes sense. I haven’t taken a look at the stock sub yet but curious to know if one of those shallow mount subs can be used to replace it. Guess I’ve got something to look into this weekend!

the shallow mount subs might be better performers than the powered spare tire mounted subs provided there’s sufficient air volume in the stock location/i can be crafty enough to make one

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
I have 2 questions:

1. how have you managed to blow speakers so new?

2. what would be the detriment in just replacing said subwoofer with a higher quality unit in the factory location/box?

tatus_legarius

First Name
Isaia
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have 2 questions:

1. how have you managed to blow speakers so new?

2. what would be the detriment in just replacing said subwoofer with a higher quality unit in the factory location/box?
1. I have no idea. It’s just the one tweeter in the pillar and now that I am thinking of it - the same thing happened to my Corolla within 6 months. I don’t think I listen to things excessively loud, but if I did I would think the other tweeter would blow too.

2. no detriment really - I was just curious about what adding a new sub in new location could do but since i don’t have the experience to tune that sort of setup myself, I’m looking at a replacement in the factory location. It looks like the sub has a plastic enclosure that is mounted into the car as one piece. I’d need to take mine out to see how much room is in their for a new enclosure to accommodate a new shallow mount sub

OEMjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra, 99 Audi A4
What are the qualifying factors for being designated as a "sound guy?"
I work live music events, sound production for art installations and I'm a musician myself! I've built amps and all sorts of stuff.

Everyone's ear is a little different. So you can get a baseline of "good" sound, but the fine tuning is really just trial and error. Experience just helps you get there faster (sometimes).

OP
OP
LoneStar34

LoneStar34

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec with Tech (Blk Majestic Pearl)
I had the system installed this weekend, and things were going well. Then the volume control went out for the subwoofer, and I can't get it to work again. The LEDs are working, but the sub gets no signal unless I unplug the volume knob, and it's way too loud. I've been trying to research the web for an answer, but I'm not getting anything yet. Here's what I had installed:

JL Audio RD1000/1
JL Audio Fix86 OEM integration
JL Audio HO110W6V3
JL Audio DRC-205

I do intend on adding a 4 channel amp, and maybe changing out all the door speakers, or possibly just adding the 4 channel amp to them to see how it goes.

I will say that the sub was sounding really good up until the DRC-205 decided to wig out. I'll get it figured out, and get things running smoothly again.

woton

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra A-Spec
Brand new member so bear with me. OK with the bass, (I'm old), but want to add a a good after market DSP for more clarity throughout the range. Any thoughts appreciated.

Nibis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT, 2011 Honda Fit AT, 2019 Ram 1500
I had the system installed this weekend, and things were going well. Then the volume control went out for the subwoofer, and I can't get it to work again. The LEDs are working, but the sub gets no signal unless I unplug the volume knob, and it's way too loud. I've been trying to research the web for an answer, but I'm not getting anything yet. Here's what I had installed:

JL Audio RD1000/1
JL Audio Fix86 OEM integration
JL Audio HO110W6V3
JL Audio DRC-205

I do intend on adding a 4 channel amp, and maybe changing out all the door speakers, or possibly just adding the 4 channel amp to them to see how it goes.

I will say that the sub was sounding really good up until the DRC-205 decided to wig out. I'll get it figured out, and get things running smoothly again.
I'd like to know how they hooked up the Fix86