• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

The Tuned 2023+ Integra Experience & Reliability Thread

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Does anyone keep their ktuner attached to the car? Purchased the kbuddy mount, with the intention of mounting the ktuner permanently. However, Im running into the issue that I have to unplug/replug the unit practically on every start up. Not a huge issue, but a little inconvenient. Also worrying long-term about wearing out the connecting usb-port on the ktuner itself.

If anyone has had this issue and figured out a resolution, some advice would be appreciated.
Same issue I noticed.

Whiteteg

First Name
Abraham
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra
Can you use the tune without any intake mods? Keeping everything stock

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
100% yes. An off the shelf or base map will be fine for that.

vcln5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Acura Integra, A-spec, CVT
Vehicle: 2023 Integra A-Spec w/technology CVT

Total tuned time: about a year

Tuned miles driven: 5000

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner V1.2

Tunes used: Phearable 1.5R

Fuel used: 93 octane

Additional related mods: PRL HVI, DP, FP

Driving style: just normal driving, maybe do a pull here and there.

Tuning experience notes: Tune really wakes up the car and I love driving it. I have the PRL intake, with the plus duct and resonator delete, which makes the turbocharger spooling very noticeable, and i love the effect.

something I noticed, using the tunerview app, the most PSI i've seen even going full throttle is around 17PSI even on MAP 3 phearable. usually 14-15. I haven't touched any of the parts around the intake side of the turbo, except the resonator delete, but i checked and double checked the plug to be nice and snug. So i'm not sure if this is how it is, or if there is a lot more potential to the car that I havn't figured out how to use yet.

Last edited:

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
Vehicle: 2023 Integra A-Spec w/technology CVT

Total tuned time: about a year

Tuned miles driven: 5000

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner V1.2

Tunes used: Phearable 1.5R

Fuel used: 93 octane

Additional related mods: PRL HVI, DP, FP

Driving style: just normal driving, maybe do a pull here and there.

Tuning experience notes: Tune really wakes up the car and I love driving it. I have the PRL intake, with the plus duct and resonator delete, which makes the turbocharger spooling very noticeable, and i love the effect.

something I noticed, using the tunerview app, the most PSI i've seen even going full throttle is around 17PSI even on MAP 3 phearable. usually 14-15. I haven't touched any of the parts around the intake side of the resonator, except the resonator delete, but i checked and double checked the plug to be nice and snug. So i'm not sure if this is how it is, or if there is a lot more potential to the car that I havn't figured out how to use yet.
This is awesome to hear your experience as I have the same model and trans.
Have you experienced any slippage of your cvt on any pulls? And what in your opinion is the most oomph; like how would you describe the biggest change you feel/see with the ktuner with pherable1.5?

vcln5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Acura Integra, A-spec, CVT
Definally the car accelerates much better especially at 30-50 throttle, gets up to highway speeds quick. With the ktuner and early spool, you can hear the turbo spool and pssss pretty frequent.

I've not raced with it to appreciate the top speeds, but iv done a bunch of full throttle pulls. Usually around 30-70mph. Haven't had any belt slip. But again ive not hit the advertised 25psi that I'm supposed to. Haven't figured it out yet.

I think the transmission is a lot sturdier than people give it credit for. There is a lot of tuned civic CVT 1.5T using slightly older generations of the L15 engine getting like 5.5-5.8sec 0-60s on youtube. Was my inspiration to get tuned anyways.

Ap2Iven

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda s2000 / 10th Gen Civic
Definally the car accelerates much better especially at 30-50 throttle, gets up to highway speeds quick. With the ktuner and early spool, you can hear the turbo spool and pssss pretty frequent.

I've not raced with it to appreciate the top speeds, but iv done a bunch of full throttle pulls. Usually around 30-70mph. Haven't had any belt slip. But again ive not hit the advertised 25psi that I'm supposed to. Haven't figured it out yet.

I think the transmission is a lot sturdier than people give it credit for. There is a lot of tuned civic CVT 1.5T using slightly older generations of the L15 engine getting like 5.5-5.8sec 0-60s on youtube. Was my inspiration to get tuned anyways.
I as well am not hitting the 25 psi that map 3 stage says I should be at when Iā€™m at full throttle, I think I get to 22psi maxā€¦. Not sure what else is needed for me to hit the 25 psi, normally it wouldnā€™t be a big deal but I ran my coworker with an SI and a Phearable tune and he hit 25 psi and all he has is ktuner , intake and exhaust with his 6speed ā€¦ I have a Cvt with intake , down pipe, intercooler and resonator delete with Ktuner and Iā€™m hitting less on map 3

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Thanks for sharing! That sounds kinda like what Iā€™d want from the car at max; not looking to go crazy but a little oomph would be nice, especially some feeling of additional giddy-up when entering highways, etc like you said. And I believe it when you say they may be sturdier than folks believe (the CVT) I canā€™t imagine Honda putting out utter shit if a trans on any of their current vehicles. They have it buttoned down after all of these years of it being around in the modern day. Are you using a demifferent trans fluid or OEM? When are you planning trans maintenance, mileage -wise?

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for sharing! That sounds kinda like what Iā€™d want from the car at max; not looking to go crazy but a little oomph would be nice, especially some feeling of additional giddy-up when entering highways, etc like you said. And I believe it when you say they may be sturdier than folks believe (the CVT) I canā€™t imagine Honda putting out utter shit if a trans on any of their current vehicles. They have it buttoned down after all of these years of it being around in the modern day. Are you using a demifferent trans fluid or OEM? When are you planning trans maintenance, mileage -wise?
So, I run tuning reliability threads here, at CivicXI and CivicX as well. I've driven a tuned 1.5Turbo CVT 10th gen for 6+ years.

The CVTs in our cars have proven to be surprisingly robust. Basically, don't brake launch it and it'll hold up well. Honda OEM fluid is all your really need and changing it every 25K miles should be fine.

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So, I run tuning reliability threads here, at CivicXI and CivicX as well. I've driven a tuned 1.5Turbo CVT 10th gen for 6+ years.

The CVTs in our cars have proven to be surprisingly robust. Basically, don't brake launch it and it'll hold up well. Honda OEM fluid is all your really need and changing it every 25K miles should be fine.
Sounds great and nice to hear from someone who ā€˜gets onā€™ these trans. I donā€™t really but from time to time I donā€™t drive like a total grandpa lol I just had my fluid changed at 25k at my dealer and they said it looked great and no metal shavings, etc; just slightly dirty fluid. Was whining a bit and thatā€™s what made me take her in for the change and the whine has since gone away.

Ap2Iven

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda s2000 / 10th Gen Civic
I recently changed the fluid at 15k miles , I used amsoil cvt syn fluid ā€¦ no difference in feel whatsoever but I have Piece of mind knowing Iā€™m using something good. My 2
Previous S2k have all had amsoil and even now my corvette is using amsoil, either Iā€™m a fan boy or Iā€™ve trusted it because both my S2000 took track abuse on engine trans and diff and no issue , so I thought Iā€™d try it for Cvt fluid . One thing I recommend with Cvt and if you plan to beat on it , just get a trans cooler, Iā€™ve seen temps drop 10+ degrees from that only and Iā€™m constantly switching from map 1 to map 3

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just a reminder to anyone in the community that's tuned. Please add you car to this thread in the format in the first post:

Vehicle:

Total tuned time:

Tuned miles driven:

Tuning device(s) used:

Tunes used:

Fuel used:

Additional related mods:

Problems/issues:

Driving style:

Tuning experience notes:

The reason is, I keep detailed stats and if you just make a post that says "I'm tuned" there's no way of including you in the stats and it's no help to the community. I went through the thread and saw a couple people have done this, unfortunately.

Check out my massive CivicX version to get the gist of how valuable a thread like this can be. Thanks.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...ence-reliability-thread-for-all-models.42361/