• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

The Tuned 2023+ Integra Experience & Reliability Thread

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Vehicle: 2024 Integra Type S

Total tuned time: First Jail Broken ECU

Tuned miles driven: Since Hondata supported the ITS

Tuning device(s) used: Hondata

Tunes used: Phearable

Fuel used: 93 octane

Additional related mods:
DP,FP, Titanium Intake, Sprint Filter

Problems/issues: None

Driving style:A little fun on the back roads and some higher speed runs

Tuning experience notes: 3rd Just pulls like a freight train.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle: 2023 Integra A-Spec w/technology (manual)

Total tuned time: 1 Year

Tuned miles driven: 20k miles - Sold

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner V2.0

Tunes used: Phearable 1.5R

Additional related mods: Stock

Tuning experience notes: Noticed the rev hang disable feature. Seems my shifting on lower gears is smoother since I don't usually wait for revs to fall. Haven't pushed it any waiting for 1k miles then I will test out stage 2 tune.
Ran great for 20k miles
Thanks for posting that update. Congrats on the new ride!

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Thanks for posting that update. Congrats on the new ride!
Lol. First 50 LCM. Just a bit slow to report here. Will be updating since I just got the Hondata fuel system upgrade ordered. Next is turbo..

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle: 2024 Integra Type S

Total tuned time: First Jail Broken ECU

Tuned miles driven: Since Hondata supported the ITS

Tuning device(s) used: Hondata

Tunes used: Phearable

Additional related mods:
DP,FP, Titanium Intake, Sprint Filter

Tuning experience notes: 3rd Just pulls like a freight train.
I was looking at those numbers on the Phearable tune. Wow.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

pho69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A Spec 6sp manual
So I wanna see if it's just my imagination or am I missing something. I been driving with the Ktuner base tune stage 2 (21 psi) in sport mode and love it. Much more torque off the line and when accelerating between 2500-3500 rpm, and on freeway speeds of 65mph and 6th gear, I can just push into the gas pedal in 6th and then wave of torque kicks in. It's addictive. I'm not trying to drive the car in WOT and shifting at redline all the time.

I heard phearable race tune is so much better so flashed my integra.... And I was really disappointed! Yeah when driving aggressively and shifting above 4000rpm, and taking to redline. It's fun and has a lot of power/torque, but In everyday driving and commuting where I shift at 2500 to 3000 rpm, it feels almost like stock with no added torque. Is this how the phearable tune is supposed to be?

Honestly I flashed my integra back to the Ktuner stage 2 map. For my everyday commuting, I find this tune is suited more to my driving style

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The base KTuner tune has a more aggressive feel down low and fizzles out up top. It's designed to feel super lively in city driving.

The Phearable tune is more linear top to bottom and does feel less torquey off the line.

Basically, the KTuner base maps have most of the grin factor under 4000 rpm where the 1.5R is a 3500 to 5500 monster.

It's kind of like this. With the base maps, you feel like you have a torquey race car driving around town. Get it on a high speed highway and give it all she's got and it's a "wtf??" where did my power go feeling.

The 1.5R is softer down low for sure. It takes a deeper stab of the throttle to get into the power. So it does feel "slower" than the base maps off the line --- at first glance. But it's so smooth and linear and power just builds and builds. Put it in the highest boost map and it destroys the KTuner base tune.

Did you test it in the high power map 3?

Last edited:

pho69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The base KTuner tune has a more aggressive feel down low and fizzles out up top. It's designed to feel super lively in city driving.

The Phearable tune is more linear top to bottom and does feel less torquey off the line.

Basically, the KTuner base maps have most of the grin factor under 4000 rpm where the 1.5R is a 3500 to 5500 monster.

It's kind of like this. With the base maps, you feel like you have a torquey race car driving around town. Get it on a high speed highway and give it all she's got and it's a "wtf??" where did my power go feeling.

The 1.5R is softer down low for sure. It takes a deeper stab of the throttle to get into the power. So it does feel "slower" than the base maps off the line --- at first glance. But it's so smooth and linear and power just builds and builds. Put it in the highest boost map and it destroys the KTuner base tune.

Great explanation. What you described is exactly what I am experiencing.
No I haven't tested in the high power map 3. I heard people complain of clutch slippage, and long term use of map 3 will need an upgraded clutch

Dnlongen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘24 Integra A-Spec, ‘07 TSX
To the person with a tuned CVT (@Ap2Iven maybe?), if I recall you’ve had yours tuned for about a year now. Does it still drive like you expect? Would you still say it’s a noticeable improvement over stock? Any issues come up? Just about everything I’ve read about tuning experience is with the manual.

Do you know if any dyno maps are published for the stock and tuned (Ktuner and phearable) CVT? The only dyno results I’ve come across are for the manual.

Dnlongen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘24 Integra A-Spec, ‘07 TSX
So, I run tuning reliability threads here, at CivicXI and CivicX as well. I've driven a tuned 1.5Turbo CVT 10th gen for 6+ years.

The CVTs in our cars have proven to be surprisingly robust. Basically, don't brake launch it and it'll hold up well. Honda OEM fluid is all your really need and changing it every 25K miles should be fine.
what kind of miles do you have on your tuned Civic CVT? I tend to drive my cars 200k or more before replacing them… would love to hear how the engine and transmission hold up long term before I put a tune on my new Integra.

Ap2Iven

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda s2000 / 10th Gen Civic
To the person with a tuned CVT (@Ap2Iven maybe?), if I recall you’ve had yours tuned for about a year now. Does it still drive like you expect? Would you still say it’s a noticeable improvement over stock? Any issues come up? Just about everything I’ve read about tuning experience is with the manual.

Do you know if any dyno maps are published for the stock and tuned (Ktuner and phearable) CVT? The only dyno results I’ve come across are for the manual.
No issues whatsoever, glad I spent the money on the Ktuner , no exhaust needed because after you upgrade to a After market catted down pipe and intake, vehicle does get louder and has a slight burple during de-acceleration . The Cvt is still holding strong . I only drive on map 3 (21-23psi) when I’m racing someone , but I daily the car on map one. I did upgrade to a CVT cooler and to Amsoil CVt Syn fluid ,since this car will see Streets of willow when I don’t want to take the corvette out. We are slower than the 6speed version because I ran my buddy with an Si with intake exhaust and Ktuner(same engine but he has LSD and 6speed) I had the same
Mods and a DP , Front Pipe and front mount and him and I were neck and neck

pho69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

so I flashed phearable back to my ECU to give it a second try and I can see what you’re saying. Power delivery is very smooth and a quick downshift will give you a ton of torque. I’m starting to like the phearable tune a lot more now.

I have been running at stage 2 (21 psi I think) but gave stage 3 a try. Wow. What a difference. But at the high boost stage 3, is it dangerous on a stock clutch? Or should stay with stage 2 until I upgrade my clutch?

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I mean, a lot of it depends on how you drive and how often you're pushing it in Map 3 as far as clutch longevity. There's no doubt though that Map 3 has some serious torque.

Some people (myself included), do most of their commutes in Map 1 or 2, saving Map 3 for "special occasions". The great thing about on the fly map switching is it literally takes 2 seconds to change maps at speed.

Map 1 is 16 psi. Map 2 is 23 psi. Map 3 is 25.5 psi.

Last edited:

pho69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I mean, a lot of it depends on how you drive and how often you're pushing it in Map 3 as far as clutch longevity. There's no doubt though that Map 3 has some serious torque.

Some people (myself included), do most of their commutes in Map 1 or 2, saving Map 3 for "special occasions". The great thing about on the fly map switching is it literally takes 2 seconds to change maps at speed.

Map 1 is 16 psi. Map 2 is 23 psi. Map 3 is 25.5 psi.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I think I’ll stay in map 2 for my commutes, and only go with map 3 during special runs.