• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Possible cooling issues on my 2023 a-spec CVT?

jjjjustfelix

First Name
Felix
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec
For some reason when i get on the highway and start going fast a lot of hot hair starts coming from the AC vents and the cabin gets kinda hot. Is it a cooling issue? this is my first car ever so not too knowledge when it comes to the technical/mechanical side. Should i take it to the dealer to get it checked out or is it normal?

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
not normal! You should be able to set the temperature and have the car maintain it. Take it in.

OP
OP

jjjjustfelix

First Name
Felix
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
not normal! You should be able to set the temperature and have the car maintain it. Take it in.
i should have explained better but this is with any of the heat or AC being on. Everything is off and heat stills come through the vents from the engine bay getting hot.

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
19 Sport
your temperature blend motors/flaps are in the last position your temp setting was on. Assuming your heat was on, with recirculation mode off, naturally air flows through the windshield cowl into your hvac and through your vents. If climate control is off, you can turn on climate control and turn the temperature down on your climate panel and return off, or hit the recirculation button and no airflow from outside will reach the inside of the cabin.

OP
OP

jjjjustfelix

First Name
Felix
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
your temperature blend motors/flaps are in the last position your temp setting was on. Assuming your heat was on, with recirculation mode off, naturally air flows through the windshield cowl into your hvac and through your vents. If climate control is off, you can turn on climate control and turn the temperature down on your climate panel and return off, or hit the recirculation button and no airflow from outside will reach the inside of the cabin.
Thank you! i will try this later today appreciate it very much!

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I also keep the HVAC on at all times, maybe except for during a track session. I hate to run the risk of any moisture building up in any of the vent lines, that could create bad smells, etc. Even if I run with the windows down I keep it on and just adjust the temp to ambient

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
19 Sport
I also keep the HVAC on at all times, maybe except for during a track session. I hate to run the risk of any moisture building up in any of the vent lines, that could create bad smells, etc. Even if I run with the windows down I keep it on and just adjust the temp to ambient
The drain tube solves that issue. When tracking, try keeping heat on with a/c off to aid in engine cooling.

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
19 Sport
Never heard to put Lysol on the filter damn lol
Something similar to disinfectant. Ya know “kills 99.99999999999999999% of germs”
Oh I thought we were talking about moisture and mold and smells.
As for overall operation health, just keep the windshield cowl clear of debris, get some mesh behind bumper holes to protect condenser from rocks and punctures. And keep fluids away from climate panel (can’t believe I had to say that)

OP
OP

jjjjustfelix

First Name
Felix
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tried this and it worked! i even did some pulls in sports mode. I set climate control to 60 and turned it off with recirculation button on and no more hot air comes from the vents. Thank you so much for the advice.