• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Shift knobs anyone?

Westhaver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
Gray/silver with a red HybridRacing boot collar
IMG_7641.jpeg
I've seen a few people comment on your shift boot and ask if it was from an FL5, I think this is because your shift boot seems to be upsidedown/reversed from all of the others I've seen. Ie. most have two stiched seams closer to the cupholders, while yours has two stiched seams closer to the wireless charger.

tallboi

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Raceseng Nitro. It's wider than the stock shift knob and I prefer the 'feel'. Our temps can be as low as -20F in the winter and as high as 100F+ in the summer so the hybrid design makes sense too. The dealer installed it free of charge when I took the car in for a warranty item so I have no idea if it was easy or difficult to swap.

IMG_5711.jpg

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Raceseng Nitro. It's wider than the stock shift knob and I prefer the 'feel'. Our temps can be as low as -20F in the winter and as high as 100F+ in the summer so the hybrid design makes sense too. The dealer installed it free of charge when I took the car in for a warranty item so I have no idea if it was easy or difficult to swap.

IMG_5711.jpg
This is a great looking knob. How does the dimpled plastic feel? Substantial and nice, or cheap at all? Where'd you get it? Sold out on Raceseng site. Did you buy the collar adapter too or is that just the knob up against the trim ring of the shift boot? Thanks for the input.

tallboi

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
This is a great looking knob. How does the dimpled plastic feel? Substantial and nice, or cheap at all? Where'd you get it? Sold out on Raceseng site. Did you buy the collar adapter too or is that just the knob up against the trim ring of the shift boot? Thanks for the input.
It's a very nice, high quality shift knob - nothing about it feels cheap. My first impression was that the transition between the metal core and the Delrin cover felt "sharp", but I quickly became accustomed to the 'feel' and I don't notice it at all.

I bought it directly from Raceseng. Try contacting them directly. The knobs were out of stock when I first looked, but they told me that more were on the way and recommended that I just keep an eye on their website.

I didn't buy the collar adapter. What you see is the knob up against the OEM trim ring.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
so, just out of curiosity, how does the knob stay secure, is it just threaded on until it stops, vs. having the lock nut in place? I would think for proper alignment you would need the lock nut.

Looking at the picture it almost looks like the numbers are at a slight angle, because of this. It also looks like the knob is lower, as the boot appears more squished down. May just be the picture angle though.

tallboi

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
so, just out of curiosity, how does the knob stay secure, is it just threaded on until it stops, vs. having the lock nut in place? I would think for proper alignment you would need the lock nut.

Looking at the picture it almost looks like the numbers are at a slight angle, because of this. It also looks like the knob is lower, as the boot appears more squished down. May just be the picture angle though.
I assure you the numbers are not at a slight angle - it's just an artifact of the photo.

The knob screws onto a threaded adapter which screws onto the shifter arm. There's a set screw in the top of the threaded adapter that you adjust up and down (out and in) in order to adjust the final orientation of the engraving on the top of the knob as it screws onto the adapter. Maybe this will make more sense...

https://raceseng.com/pages/threaded-adapter-install-guide

The Nitro knob may be a bit shorter overall than the OEM knob, but I dunno if it's squishing the boot. I guess I didn't pay that much attention to it before.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
very cool! That in turn allows you to skip using the oem locking nut we have.

I was looking at my dream knob and thinking it also looked a little sideways when looking at it from the side.

Thanks for the explanation. I need to clean mine up now!

bisquick

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS, '19 LSM RDX A-Spec
Last edited:

TXWayne

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Acuity Poco Insulated. It sits lower on the shifter so you end up with shorter throws, which is a good thing IMO.
I was having a hard time figuring out what kind of shift knob I wanted but I think I found a winner. Thanks! Does it require removing the center console to install the new shift boot collar?

Last edited:

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I was having a hard time figuring out what kind of shift knob I wanted but I think I found a winner. Thanks! Does it require removing the center console to install the new shift boot collar?
Yes, but super easy. I just did mine yesterday. Hybrid Racing collar. so much nicer than stock!!

TXWayne

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Yes, but super easy. I just did mine yesterday. Hybrid Racing collar. so much nicer than stock!!
Great, thanks. I am sure I can find a YouTube covering it. I was looking at the Hybrid Racing collar if I was going with the Mugen but in looking at the Poco knob I think I am going that route and it comes with it's own collar.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Yes, the center console just snaps right off, then you can kind of flip it over without even unplugging any of the wires and get to the bottom of the shift boot. Thereā€™s a little zip tie, holding the existing collar on that you can kind of just pry over the top of the collar. Then you just slide the new one in from the top and put the rubber band around the edge. Itā€™s super easy.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Installed the raceseng nitro as inspired by @tallboi.

Unfortunately, my collar was not of the ā€œjust pull down hardā€ variety, so I had to pull off the shifter console, which isnā€™t a huge deal. I cracked the bottom ring of the collar prying it off but I donā€™t think it matters. The real fun came when I dropped the raceseng adapter down into the bowels of the center console, kind of under the cup holders where you canā€™t easily reach. A scope camera let me figure out where it was and I pulled it out up from underneath the side of the console, so I fortunately didnā€™t have to remove the entire center tunnel, at which point Iā€™d have explored doing the rear vents and usb.

All back together now, and, in theory, a pretty straightforward install. I like the feel of it in my hand, thatā€™s what she said, and I like that it doesnā€™t clash with the rest of the interior aesthetic. Even the shift pattern font generally matches the ā€œType Sā€ font on the shifter console and elsewhere.

I reinstalled the shift collar, as it is necessary to keep the boot up and nice looking, but I donā€™t know the best way to keep it ā€œupā€. It used to clip onto the old shifterā€˜s ā€œstop nutā€ or whatever youā€™d call it, but thatā€™s not the case anymore. For now Iā€™ve got a couple of my daughterā€™s hair ties on the stick creating internal tension inside it to stay in place, but thereā€™s probably a better way.