• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Rock Cracked my Windshield

LunaticSM

First Name
Dstyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LSM Integra Type S
Driving on I70 today when a rock or something smacked the windshield and left a big crack in it that then started to run. I wasn't even that close behind the truck in front of me so I don't know how this happened. Im going to have to replace the windshield. Has anyone done this yet? What are my best options? Can I get the OEM glass? Is there anything better than OEM in terms of noise reduction? I also just got my windows tinted with xpel, so it really sucks!

FloArm

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
PRP ITS
Sorry to hear that! This happened on my wifeā€™s Honda passport. Took it to the dealer and they replaced the windshield. Make sure to check your insurance policy, youā€™re most likely covered there and just pay a deductible. Otherwise a windshield is like 1-1.5 thousand.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Sorry to hear that! This happened on my wifeā€™s Honda passport. Took it to the dealer and they replaced the windshield. Make sure to check your insurance policy, youā€™re most likely covered there and just pay a deductible. Otherwise a windshield is like 1-1.5 thousand.
Oof. I guess that price includes calibration of the driving assistance camera?

FloArm

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
PRP ITS
Yeah indeed. The calibration has to get done. It is a pricey repair

Cantrip

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra APEC TECH
I donā€™t even wanna know how much the headlights cost to replace!!!

mattm

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura ITS, BMW 1M Coupe
This happened to me this past Saturday. Rock came up and put a big star in the middle of the windshield. Drove right to Safelite and had them fill it in. Looking at the dash cam, there's one frame of video where you can see the rock after it's hit the glass. I can't tell where it came from or otherwise. I have glass coverage with my insurance so it was no charge. It was marked on the invoice as $77. I know that if I'd replaced the glass a week later, I'd get another hit and be right where I am today.