• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How easily is your Integra Type S getting rock chips?

OP
OP

sparky42

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
But the thing that really bothers me more than the chips is the damage to the intercooler fins. I have so many little dents in them already. There is almost zero protection for those poor little things. No mesh like the CTR at least.
For what it's worth, the FK8 has the same mesh in the front and my intercooler fins are mangled as well. The gaps in the mesh are too large to stop most rocks.

PizzaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
For what it's worth, the FK8 has the same mesh in the front and my intercooler fins are mangled as well. The gaps in the mesh are too large to stop most rocks.
Ah that’s too bad. :( I guess it’s just something I have to accept with an FMIC then. This is my first car with one so it’s going to take some getting used to.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I did ppf on the hood and front bumper, also the side skirts and the a, b and c pillars. the car is just so good looking that I wanted it to stay that way. I spent like $2600 on all that (including window tint) This is the first car I've done any ppf on. I do track it though so figured it was worth it.

OP
OP

sparky42

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I did ppf on the hood and front bumper, also the side skirts and the a, b and c pillars. the car is just so good looking that I wanted it to stay that way. I spent like $2600 on all that (including window tint) This is the first car I've done any ppf on. I do track it though so figured it was worth it.
Good to hear. Another area you might consider if you're really trying to protect everything is the rear fender flares. The rear fender flares on my FK8 have quite a few rock chips since they're in the firing line from the front tires. I bought the OEM splash guards for the Type S to help.

I've decided to just go ahead and get PPF on the hood, bumper, headlights, fenders, mirrors, A pillars, and possibly rear fender flares. Enough people rave about newer PPF, so it's worth a shot on a car like this.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Good to hear. Another area you might consider if you're really trying to protect everything is the rear fender flares. The rear fender flares on my FK8 have quite a few rock chips since they're in the firing line from the front tires. I bought the OEM splash guards for the Type S to help.

I've decided to just go ahead and get PPF on the hood, bumper, headlights, fenders, mirrors, A pillars, and possibly rear fender flares. Enough people rave about newer PPF, so it's worth a shot on a car like this.
I recommend adding the rockers. Also, the a-pillar kit from the major brands typically includes the leading edge of the roof (~8"). I would include that section of film if you didn't plan on it.

OP
OP

sparky42

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I recommend adding the rockers. Also, the a-pillar kit from the major brands typically includes the leading edge of the roof (~8"). I would include that section of film if you didn't plan on it.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll talk to the installer about including that.

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
I’d say ppf the windshield before the body of the car. The body chips so easy and so does the windshield.

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
I'm in a similar position as I live in Littleton, CO. The winter debris you mentioned is my main concern as well. On the other hand, I have a short commute on back roads and don't spend much time on the highways around Denver.

Thanks everyone else for the feedback. Seems like people are split on PPF. I've never had it and never thought it was worth the cost before, but this is the first car that feels truly special to me. I plan on keeping it for a long time as my last chance to own fun, manual, reliable, daily driveable car before bowing down to the electric overlords. I'm also not as picky about keeping cars pristine these days and mostly want to enjoy driving it.
For someone in Littleton, I'd imagine you'd frequent C470, 285 and possibly I25. There's constantly large Semi's dropping debris; but it's worse in the winter with the sand and road salt. My 06' acura TL front bumper got sandblasted; i had it repainted once and after a few years it accumulated lots of rock chips.

If you can accept your car looking like that then save your money. Since your car is special to you then go for protection. To me it doesn't how nice a car looks or how much it costs, if it is not maintained then it won't be nice to look at.

I shopped around at Colorado Detail, New Image PPF and settled on AutoFilm Solutions. AFS does quality work for the best price. If you need more information feel free to ask

OP
OP

sparky42

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
For someone in Littleton, I'd imagine you'd frequent C470, 285 and possibly I25. There's constantly large Semi's dropping debris; but it's worse in the winter with the sand and road salt. My 06' acura TL front bumper got sandblasted; i had it repainted once and after a few years it accumulated lots of rock chips.

If you can accept your car looking like that then save your money. Since your car is special to you then go for protection. To me it doesn't how nice a car looks or how much it costs, if it is not maintained then it won't be nice to look at.

I shopped around at Colorado Detail, New Image PPF and settled on AutoFilm Solutions. AFS does quality work for the best price. If you need more information feel free to ask
Thanks for the suggestions. I picked up the car this evening and will drop it off at IDS Window Tint tomorrow morning. They've done a fantastic job tinting my last two cars and have treated me very well, so I want to give them I shot with the PPF. I've seen some of their other PPF cars in the parking lot and they looked good to me.

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Thanks for the suggestions. I picked up the car this evening and will drop it off at IDS Window Tint tomorrow morning. They've done a fantastic job tinting my last two cars and have treated me very well, so I want to give them I shot with the PPF. I've seen some of their other PPF cars in the parking lot and they looked good to me.
don’t have any information about IDS window tint. But I would ask what type of film they are using, warranty, how they plan to wrap edges, how they intend to seal the edges to prevent lifting, what type of water they use for film application(yes this matters a great deal), and maintenance to be done on your end.

seems extensive but when you’re dropping quality cash on PPF a good installer would be able to answer those questions for you with ease.

Edit: I’d watch a couple of this man’s review of different PPF he tested for over three years before making your decision

Last edited:

crepr12

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS Black on Black
In 2 years and 8 months I guess I will have a decision to make...

Last edited: