• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Rear AC vents/USB

BBos88

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2007 Classic Chevrolet Silver
Saw some FL5 guys on Facebook had found a kit to add AC and USBs for the rear passengers. Curious if anyone has done or plans do to something similar in the DE5.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Saw some FL5 guys on Facebook had found a kit to add AC and USBs for the rear passengers. Curious if anyone has done or plans do to something similar in the DE5.
Yeah. I have the kit . Still waiting for my car to test.

MacKharoni

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda civic 2000,2017 hatch sport
I bought the kit also. Waiting for my car

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
Anyone with a Type S checked to see if the under seat vents do anything? Theoretically it already has rear vents, they just aren't controllable.

raisedhaze

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DA1 Integra, Civic SI, S30, Duramax
Anyone with a Type S checked to see if the under seat vents do anything? Theoretically it already has rear vents, they just aren't controllable.
My ITS was hot today and the kids were complaining about the heat. We began driving with the AC on and they stopped complaining in the first half mile. They must be doing something or the car is just so small it is of little significance.

I was also contemplating the vents, but more for the look. The bare panel just doesn't scream luxury, but it was the same in my SI.

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
Wait, is it this one?

Vent kit.
That's the one I have seen. The shipping kills it for me, will wait for someone else to try it first :) It's interesting they say the FL5 already has the hole in the bin, didn't think the Integra does though. I think that was confirmed on the standard model, not sure if anyone has opened up the ITS.

OP
OP
BBos88

BBos88

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2007 Classic Chevrolet Silver
My ITS was hot today and the kids were complaining about the heat. We began driving with the AC on and they stopped complaining in the first half mile. They must be doing something or the car is just so small it is of little significance.

I was also contemplating the vents, but more for the look. The bare panel just doesn't scream luxury, but it was the same in my SI.
Agreed with the bare panel not fitting the luxury branding. Temperature wise it probably is that the car is small enough to not need the rear vents. I took my family out in mine today (85 and sunny) and no complaints about the temperature. I could do without the vents but the car needs USBs back there.

PicklesTheCat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
992 Carrera S, Integra Type S
It's almost working too well, the back seat get pretty frosty.

But its linked to the lower blowers so you can kinda of control the air going to the back from the front.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Okay.. looks like we may have issues since there is no hole in the ITS or Aspec for the vent tube. One solution is to cut a hole.. the other might be to replace the entire box. I went ahead and ordered the CTR box for under $50. Will see if it works. Looks like the side panels are the same between the two cars. I'm not sure if the tunnel is a different height in the Integra or not.

Screenshot_20230729-205227.png

Screenshot_20230729-205218.png

jmoncer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'95 300ZX TT, '13 Frontier, '24 Integra Type S
Following this thread to see how this goes. Highly interested.

terrytek

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
02 Protege
Okay.. looks like we may have issues since there is no hole in the ITS or Aspec for the vent tube. One solution is to cut a hole.. the other might be to replace the entire box. I went ahead and ordered the CTR box for under $50. Will see if it works. Looks like the side panels are the same between the two cars. I'm not sure if the tunnel is a different height in the Integra or not.

Screenshot_20230729-205227.png

Screenshot_20230729-205218.png
i assume this means replacing the entire console with one that has accomodations for rear vents? Only following because I'm curious about doing something like this when I eventually end up with a type s because I want to be able to have some rear vents in the back along with some usb ports.