• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Rear AC vents part kit from 2022 Civic

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

mikoz

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra
Sorry if this is a duplicate request, but I have a base '24 (automatic) and wish to add rear AC vents & USB.

1. what parts do I need to order? I am not clear from the original post which of the listed parts are specific to the manual?
2. is cutting needed?
3. do we still have this problem with only 2 bolts matching up and if so has it been a problem for anyone?
4. has anyone else done this on an automatic?

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Sorry if this is a duplicate request, but I have a base '24 (automatic) and wish to add rear AC vents & USB.

1. what parts do I need to order? I am not clear from the original post which of the listed parts are specific to the manual?
2. is cutting needed?
3. do we still have this problem with only 2 bolts matching up and if so has it been a problem for anyone?
4. has anyone else done this on an automatic?
You need to check under your current rear cover to see if it has room for a vent tube. I would assume the kit with a splitter would work.

mikoz

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra
You need to check under your current rear cover to see if it has room for a vent tube. I would assume the kit with a splitter would work.
are they possibly not all the same in the US? When you say rear cover, are you saying just the piece that would be replaced in the back if there's room, which is pulled up using a plastic trim tool in the videos?

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
are they possibly not all the same in the US? When you say rear cover, are you saying just the piece that would be replaced in the back if there's room, which is pulled up using a plastic trim tool in the videos?
Yes pull and see. The automatic has a different console then the manuals

mikoz

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra
Both the manual and automatic versions of the Integra use the center console box from the manual civic which doesn't have space below it for the duct tubes
Ok, so you definitely need the box (83433-T43-J31ZA) unless you want to cut a giant hole, which I do not want to do. What other parts are needed, assuming no cutting, for the Integra automatic? Does the FL5 kit which assumes a tube splitter still apply?

Has anyone actually done this on an auto in the US? Thanls.

mikoz

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra
I wonder if you tell just by the depth of the box without taking anything apart? Wouldn't the box without room for the AC duct be deeper than one with the room? Could you just use a tape measure to measure from the armrest down to the "floor" of the box?

mikoz

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra
Do ALL US models have a tube splitter setup regardless of the box? This seems to have a bearing on the kit to order? You mentioned the FL5 kit, but that seems to imply there's a trube splitter.. if so, is one end of the Y simply capped off? If I start taking this new car apart without the parts to "fix it"., my wife will kill me.

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Do ALL US models have a tube splitter setup regardless of the box? This seems to have a bearing on the kit to order? You mentioned the FL5 kit, but that seems to imply there's a trube splitter.. if so, is one end of the Y simply capped off? If I start taking this new car apart without the parts to "fix it"., my wife will kill me.
Lol.
You replace the duct attachment plate. This creates two mounting spots. One for the original under seat duct and a new duct for the rear vent. The rear vent will always be fed air no matter what is selected on the HVAC controls( fan needs to be on of course). Rear vent can be shut off at the actual vent itself.

mikoz

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra
Lol.
You replace the duct attachment plate. This creates two mounting spots. One for the original under seat duct and a new duct for the rear vent. The rear vent will always be fed air no matter what is selected on the HVAC controls( fan needs to be on of course). Rear vent can be shut off at the actual vent itself.
Thanks, I see that the kit has the splitter. I feel like I should have considered the civic touring instead more.... it has every feature, here I am trying to add them in myself after t the fact... spare tire, vents, remote start, more USB ports (WTH... a 2024 car with only 1 built in USB port???), homelink, etc. But I felt like 32k for a civic was too much. Honda really has this figured out to get you to spend more...

mikoz

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra
Known issues
Only 2 bolts line up to remedy either live with it or replace armrest with an FL5 model.

20230814_9.jpg
Could we just drill 2 through holes in the plate to remedy that? I can't tell from the picture where the other 2 are, maybe that's not possible...

mikoz

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra
I tried to order the parts from mikstore. They want 186$ on shipping to Texas. guess I’ll live without these vents….

Brenster2223

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 BNP Civic Touring, 2024 Integra
Well folks,

I just attempted this on my '24 Tech CVT. Unfortunately, the shifter assembly is much bigger and does not allow any room for a duct on the right side. The stock connection for the floor vent is centered, which also makes it impossible to use the Mikstore attachement together to have both rear vents and the under seat vents connected.

Now, there is quite a lot more space inside the center console on the left side of the shifter. challenge is that there are wire harnesses on the left side that make the area pretty tight. I haven't figured out what I would do now but the only way to make this work with the CVT is to somehow fashion a custom flexible vent tube that would tape directly to the outlet on the mikstore splitter for the rear a/c vents.

Edit:

To add, everything else as far as the console box all fits, it's just a matter of running a different/custom duct path along the left side of the shifter. I used a dremel to cut the long tube in sections and the new/custom duct would join (probably with HVAC tape) to the miktstore duct just underneath where the upholders sit.

Last edited:

Brenster2223

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 BNP Civic Touring, 2024 Integra
Could we just drill 2 through holes in the plate to remedy that? I can't tell from the picture where the other 2 are, maybe that's not possible...
Yea, that won't be possible. The way the plate mounts, it's sitting at a different angle. So, even if you were to drill the holes, that end of the plate is sitting quite a lot higher than the mating surface.

I did manage to find that the leather wrapped portion can easily be removed from the bracket assembly, so what we need is just the bracket assembly (or whole armrest if it isn't sold separately) that corresponds with the 83433-T43-J31ZA box. Then theoretically if everything else lines up, we can just transplant the top portion of the original armrest to the new bracket and to the new console box.