• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

JohnV

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 Ford C-Max Energi '19 Acura RDX
I confirmed MSRP with my dealer on this. Only upcharge is $199 doc fee, plus any accessories I want. He gave me a build date week of 5/25, but told me that was fluid, and changing on other vehicles.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Text from my dealer with otd price

Attachments

Linas19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Insight, Subaru Impreza, Subaru Outback
I confirmed MSRP with my dealer on this. Only upcharge is $199 doc fee, plus any accessories I want. He gave me a build date week of 5/25, but told me that was fluid, and changing on other vehicles.
Can you share who is your dealer? Thanks.

IntegraAgain

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5th Gen 2023 Integra A-Spec 6MT - PWP
My dealer called me today also, must have been an end-of-month info dump or something from Acura.

Told me several things of interest, and I wrote a lot but here is the tl/dr version:

Offered me a Black w/ Black interior now, for June delivery, over my reservation car White w/Red interior later in the Summer. Dealers don’t understand NFTs, and later in the call, unprompted, he quoted me $37,395 for my car, which checks out as MSRP4 + premium paint.

Alexander Hamilton Running Out of Time version:

Reservation-- I was allegedly #2 of 7 reservations with deposit that the dealer received out of Acura’s first 500, nationally. However, “my” Integra (Platinum White Pearl with red interior, A Spec w/Tech 6MT) was not in their initial allocation. Instead, they are getting an initial allocation of five Integras: 3 Black w/Black interior, 2 Gray w/ Red interior, 1 Gray w/ Black interior, and they expect delivery of these in June. They also have a demo vehicle coming even sooner, no details on that.

Dealer offered me a Black w/ Black interior, A Spec w/Tech 6MT so that I could get my car sooner than their second allocation in July/August. He said he would put my name on one, and after a few mins of asking questions, telling him I was nostalgic about white since my other Integras back in the day were white, I told him “Sure, why not.” I’m doubtful that there is still anything set in stone on this at the moment, other than my $500 deposit, which realistically was ‘paying for a chance to buy one of the first 2023 Integras’ nothing more, nothing less. He was also talking like the White w/Red car would possibly still be available later if I decided not to take the Black/Black one.

He even let it slip on the phone today that he assumed their dealership got my reservation on March 10 because they were the closest Acura dealer to me, geographically. I know for a fact that is wrong, because I selected them during checkout, lmao. I took that as an indication that the local dealers here in central N.C. are pretty hands-off & clueless on the reservations, but it is still puzzling that no White w/Red are in their first allocation. I believe that most likely they screwed up and didn’t get my order in early, so they are “reserving” one of their first Black/Black cars for me instead.

Acura NFT-- He started to talk about the NFT as a perk of Reserving, and asked if I had gotten mine yet!? LOL. I have, but I didn’t share that. Instead, I played dumb and asked him how the NFT works and if it will only be "unlocked" by the actual car I had reserved. He got real uncomfortable and had literally no idea about the NFT thing, which made me feel good because I am looking at a different dealership for my Integra as well. If the$500 deposit only secures a car/NFT, not the actual VIN of a car, then that is golden because I might be able to upgrade my NFT with any VIN, not the actual VIN tied to my reservation. I still want to know more about this though.

Pricing—Without any prompting from me, or questions at all about it, he brought up pricing and said that the car’s price would be $37,395. To me, this sounds like MSRP plus destination charge, plus $500 premium paint. I told him that sounded a bit high for “mid 30’s” that I had seen in the Acura marketing, and would there be additional dealer fees or accessory add-ons to worry about? He said no, they were not adding anything to the first run of reserved Integras, since we had reserved them thru Acura. He did say the Area Manager at Acura was in communication with their dealership, and he would pass along any updates she gave them. For what that’s worth... if it is even accurate, lol.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
but it is still puzzling that no White w/Red are in their first allocation. I believe that most likely they screwed up and didn’t get my order in early, so they are “reserving” one of their first Black/Black cars for me instead.
Most likely the case since I am under the impression that anything ordered was allocated. But I guess it’s possible they ordered all 7 including the black on black and white with red and they only got 5 of them randomly. My gut feeling is that someone of importance at that dealer wants the white one badly. And they don’t want to wait months. So they’re hijacking yours as it’s the first white they’ll get. Totally possible the white comes in days after the black but you already bought the black one and they play dumb. But even if it is a couple of months later, that’s still faster for them than waiting for the second white one.

If you waited and skipped the black one, the white should be yours since that’s what you ordered. I don’t know if personally I could wait, but it seems like the white is really important to you. Years from now you might look back and think, 2 months wasn’t that big of a deal and regret not waiting.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
If the$500 deposit only secures a car/NFT, not the actual VIN of a car, then that is golden because I might be able to upgrade my NFT with any VIN, not the actual VIN tied to my reservation. I still want to know more about this though.
Me too. My dealer claims I’ll get the VIN once it’s produced which implies that Acura knows that X build over there is mine. But I’m not sure I 100% believe that part even though he’s been spot on with everything else. Im thinking the dealer will get VINs for their orders and he will tell me which one is on the car they are holding for me. I’m pretty sure Acura has no idea who each car is for. They just send it to the dealer and the dealer knows what goes to who.

Hopefully that’s the case. Then any VIN would work with the NFT. Otherwise you’d need your specific VIN and that would suck for a lot of people.

Last edited:

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Can you share who is your dealer? Thanks.
Columbia Acura in Ohio. They sell MSRP no hidden fees or mandatory add-ons. Ask for Brian

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Why is everyone surprised by the price? Top A-spec /Tech is only $2,600 more than the outgoing ILX.. Did they think it would be cheaper?

Josh2201

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra, 2020 Yamaha MT09
Why is everyone surprised by the price? Top A-spec /Tech is only $2,600 more than the outgoing ILX.. Did they think it would be cheaper?
Top trim ILX in Canada is 36k. Top trim integra is 45k. I expected them to be priced pretty similar. Integra is much more appealing overall with maybe a couple extra features but is there really enough there to justify that jump in price.

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
Top trim ILX in Canada is 36k. Top trim integra is 45k. I expected them to be priced pretty similar. Integra is much more appealing overall with maybe a couple extra features but is there really enough there to justify that jump in price.
2022 US Inflation?

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Saturn Astra
2022 US Inflation?
Moving Hatchback production from the UK to the US was suppose to make the Hatchback pricing more competitive. Unfortunately it has had the opposite impact. Of course who could have predicted Brexit, Ukraine and the pandemic with the impact on exchange rates.