• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Noise difference on 19 in Matte Black Wheels

gregbutler_20

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Acura Integra, 22 ILX (sold).
Can anyone that has the 19 in wheel option tell me if there is a large difference in cabin noise on them? The only vehicle I had 19s on was the is350, but that car was alot quieter inside. Does the noise stay the same or remain comparable?

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Wheel size doesn't affect noise at all in my non scientific opinion. How much rubber you have does. Also what catagory of tire you have makes a big difference. Summer tires are typically way louder than all season tires. 35,40, 45 sidewalls should all be decent though. If you can upsize to 19" and still run a 35 or 40 sidewall minimum, and choose a decent all season tire, you shouldn't add too much noise. Keep in mind the sidewall number is a percentage of the width of a tire. If I'm upsizing, I'm also looking to add an inch of width at least. For instance a 225/40 tire and a 245/35 tire will almost be identical from a sidewall height perspective. (give or take 4mm or so)

If you add an inch in wheel size, theoretically you would reduce tire sidewall an inch or so, just to keep the circumference the same as oem. I prefer a meaty look on a sporty car, so I would upsize, and then keep a similar sidewall. My speedometer might be off a MPH or two, but it's worth it for the look. Also, upzising rims typically looks better on cars that have been lowered, especially if your planning to loose some tire sidewall. (throws off the ratio of tire sidewall to fender gap)

Just my opinion based on my experience with upsizing rims.

I would spend a bunch of time on forums looking around for pics and specs of people's setups before making a decision.