• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Window Visors actually increasing wind noise around driver side mirror

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Hey gang. One of the things I noticed is there's a bit of wind noise around the drivers window, in the side mirror area. (with car in stock form, no window visors)

I like having window visors as it controls buffeting sounds when just the front windows are open.

I purchased these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/266326363632

Quality of the product seems decent, and they do have those little clips that tuck into the window trim.

Once installed, the wind noise actually increased substantially.

Has anybody else experienced this with their window visors? Anybody having the same experience? Did anyone's choice of window visors actually improve the wind noise?

Thanks.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Don’t have an ITS but I do have the OEM window visors and they increase wind noise. That’s not a defect, it’s just what it is, window visors for the most part always increase wind noise. Any claim of a window visor “quieting wind noise” will probably be with the window is cracked open, not closed

OP
OP
StingertimeNC

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Lame! Ha ha.

on my previous car there was no wind noise around the window area before or after install. Different style of car and stuff but, darn, was hoping it might change it for the better.

Just have to turn up the stereo I guess.