• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Wheel well gravel noise

JusticeFace

First Name
Reno
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra Type S
I’ve noticed the noise from gravel and salt on the roads getting thrown up into the wheel wells is pretty loud in this car. Does anyone know of a solution to dampen it? I know it’s a small complaint but it’s driving me crazy XD especially in the winter with salt everywhere

Fanatic

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Honda Civic Type R
I get the same or similar gravel noise on the FL5 as well.

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
The best way to solve it is to switch to narrower/less sticky tires :) 200TW on my S2000 made it sound like I was driving one of these anytime I hit a road with loose gravel.

1704413825454.png

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
lol. I get crap flying on my street as well. tons of pebbles. sticky tires. none of that with my wife's car. (Honda Pilot)

OP
OP
JusticeFace

JusticeFace

First Name
Reno
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra Type S
First thing that comes to mind is taking off the plastic wheel well liners and covering them with sound deadening mats.

This is what I'm considering doing. I'm also gonna switch out the PS4S's for some all seasons soon and I'm hoping that will help a bit as well since they're not as sticky.

If neither of those help I'm just gonna have to get used to it. Definitely don't want to go with skinnier tires. I just can't believe how loud the sound is, never had a car do this before.