• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
All of those cars will be better options for someone who want a performance performance bargain. Integra won't stand a chance.
I don't think LSD will be the main selling point of the Integra. It's just a bonus that the "main" competitors don't have.
Because like you said, those who actually value 6mt+LSD set up will probably get an actual sport compact.
But those who wanted a 6mt compact car with a little more premium experience would appreciate the added LSD.

So when the Veloster N first came out, I test drove the base 250hp one with no LSD. Then I went straight to a Honda dealership and drove the Si. Si was superior in every way except for the power, which the N struggled to put down anyway lol. LSD is what made the Si so special compared to the Korean rivals (and Nissan..when they had the Nismo) Every performance car with 200+hp should come with either LSD or AWD imo Non-performance cars don't really need one tho.
If the Sentra NISMO had gotten the 215hp version of the 1.6 and an LSD, like every other performance Sentra ever has, then I'd have gotten one.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
If the Sentra NISMO had gotten the 215hp version of the 1.6 and an LSD, like every other performance Sentra ever has, then I'd have gotten one.
Yeah 215hp 1.6T, LSD and Recaros from Juke Nismo RS would've been amazing. They literally had everything ready in their parts bin.
My disappointment back then wasn't even comparable to Si loosing 5hp lol

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
Yeah 215hp 1.6T, LSD and Recaros from Juke Nismo RS would've been amazing. They literally had everything ready in their parts bin.
My disappointment back then wasn't even comparable to Si loosing 5hp lol
I had an Altima at the time and was HEAVILY looking at the NISMO to replace it due to how solid the Altima had been for me and how great the local service dept was.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
I think this sums it up well.
I watched this video just to laugh but honestly everyone just keeps bringing up DC2 in every video that dislikes the car. Before the DC2 there was the DA1, DA2, DA3, DA4, DA5, DA6, DA7, DA8, DA9, DB1 and DB2. I feel like most people just forget about the 1st and 2nd Gen models as if the DC2 was the first and only generation. Sad to see.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
I watched this video just to laugh but honestly everyone just keeps bringing up DC2 in every video that dislikes the car. Before the DC2 there was the DA1, DA2, DA3, DA4, DA5, DA6, DA7, DA8, DA9, DB1 and DB2. I feel like most people just forget about the 1st and 2nd Gen models as if the DC2 was the first and only generation. Sad to see.
Nah they are not forgetting. They just don't know lol
Most of the time "Car people" don't know much. They just act like they know everything.
A lot of them don't even understand the basic concept of how cars are designed, developed and built.

I don't know much either, but I know when to keep my mouth shut.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
Most of the time "Car people" don't know much. They just act like they know everything.
A lot of them don't even understand the basic concept of how cars are designed, developed and built.

but that wont get you views on the YouTubes!

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si

Yeah, just in terms of crash structure and safety equipment i don’t think it’s possible to emulate a car from the 90s lol. Like you said I don’t really know much about designing but im not crazy and somehow think there will be a 2000 pound coupe coming out lol

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
The closets cars to the 90's are the Carolla and the GT86, and neither of those are really knows as comfortable or really "great" as a daily car. Its more that they "do what they set out to do" and that's about it.

People are forgetting that the cars they remember came out when Japan has a booming economy and safety designs were much more relaxed than today. If you look, in the early 90's Japanese automakers were already starting to make engines last longer (see how long the B16 and RB engines existed in revisions for 10+yrs). Since the Japanese Boom ended we have seen R35(which is now older than the R32-33-34 combined), 350/370z (also old as dirt), the S2000(no longer made), short return of the NSX, a modern take on a AE86(which took 2 car companies to make happen), the Supra(again took 2 car companies to make happen, this time one not Japanese) and currently the Type-R.

Out of those only the Z was a stable seller and that's due to how long it's been around. Sure, there is a NEW Z coming but it's a tweaked 370 platform still and an engine that's already 5yrs old.

The Era of 90's cars as we knew them in the US started to die in the early 00's when the cars that had been in development since the late 90's finally came out for 2003-2005 models. After that it became a trickling death. If you look at Japan many cars were just moved around and tweaked drive trains since the early/mid 90's.

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
Wonder if they will have any of the interior exposed tomorrow at rad wood. Hopefully one of you shows up there?

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Wonder if they will have any of the interior exposed tomorrow at rad wood. Hopefully one of you shows up there?
I think it’s going to be roped off so nobody gets close to it. I would much rather them hint at a Type S tomorrow vía some type of photo.

Saywhaat04

First Name
Regi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
19 Honda CR-V TR, 2019 Honda Accord SRT 2.0t/6spd
Ill be there tomorrow at 11am sharp. Cant wait to see it in person!

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
I think it’s going to be roped off so nobody gets close to it. I would much rather them hint at a Type S tomorrow vía some type of photo.
At the snails pace that Acura leaks stuff, I’ll take just about any new info! I know it won’t happen but
this whole sub will be counting on you to put on your best car journalist impression lol

Reactions: HKF

HKF

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Accord
Please, if possible without getting kicked out, try to get a better pic of the prototype interior through the darkened windows.