• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
We will more then likely understand how the engine performs via the Civic Si reviews coming next week on 1.5t. Same transmission, engine, LSD, somewhat the same exhaust and same light weight flywheel.
Yeah to pad it you can probably add about 0.2s to most times to get how the Integra should perform against it assuming its weights 200lbs more.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
I can’t remember the rear tire width. But Integra should be wider. Type S of course will have wider tires front and rear.
I mean the actual L-R wheel base.

Hondu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring - Sonic Gray Pearl
I can’t remember the rear tire width. But Integra should be wider. Type S of course will have wider tires front and rear.
I would bet the tire sizes will be the same as the Civic/Accord. 235/40R18 for 18" wheels and 235/40R19 for 19" wheels. The Type-S might go wider depending on the output of the 2.0T. I mean doesn't the Type R only have 245 wide tires?

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
I mean the actual L-R wheel base.
We don't know width yet. I've done some overlays with the civic sedan and they appear to be the same exact width, but the overlays weren't exact because of different photo angles, I'm personally hoping with the added length, they added an inch or two to the width of the car (something closer to what the CTR's width will be). But on initial inspection, it seems like it'll be the same width as the civic. The actual L-R front and rear track could have been increased slightly to push the wheels out to be more flush with the body while keeping overall width the same as well.

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
I think the reason why the Si went down on power was because the 1.5T might get 215.
From what I remember reading the new turbo on this civic was the one from the accord for efficiency right (not 100% on this)? Could just be a matter of swapping one turbo for a more performance oriented one

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Si sedan (now 2023 Ford Focus ST-Line X)
201HP 34k entry price 3,350lbs
255HP 35.7K entry 3,519lbs
221HP 38K entry price 3,505lbs
188HP 33K entry 3,300lbs
237HP 37.5K entry 3,455lbs

Yeah, the 200HP base Integra for thousands less than all of those is price and a couple hundreds pounds less in weight, its going to do just fine with its 1.5T.

Why are you even here again?
Do you think an entry level Mercedes or Audi buyer knows the weight or the car? Or cares? Yes, the 1.5T and lighter weight will win magazine comparisons but ask Mazda how that translates to sales.

I’m here cause I used to love Acura, had a ‘97 GSR sedan before moving on to rear drive BMWs. I had high hopes for the Integra but I think they’re making the mistake they made with the TLX, making it too large. I’m still hoping the guy mis-spoke and it’s not almost Mustang length.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
From what I remember reading the new turbo on this civic was the one from the accord for efficiency right (not 100% on this)? Could just be a matter of swapping one turbo for a more performance oriented one
That's if the si/Integra get the same turbo as 1.5t Civic. Tenth si has a different turbo from non-si, so I'm guessing xi will as well

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I chalk that up to emissions.

Lets not forget the Integra is also, if I recall, the ONLY car in its class now with a manual and LSD. All those others are auto only.

So to me none of those are even an option.
Is someone who wants a 6mT and LSD not going to look at Elantra N, GTI, Corolla GR, WRX? - please don’t say it’s not LSD like the other guy, it’s AWD, doesn’t need a front LSD. I guess we can add Mustang and Camaro since it’s now as big as those cars.

I personally don’t want any of those except maybe Corolla GR, but they’re definitely competition.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think the reason why the Si went down on power was because the 1.5T might get 215.
And also losing heated seats and variable suspension, I think all three downgrades are to make room for the Integra.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
And also losing heated seats and variable suspension, I think all three downgrades are to make room for the Integra.
Integra could even get cooled seats which if I’m not mistaken would be the only one in the segment.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Is someone who wants a 6mT and LSD not going to look at Elantra N, GTI, Corolla GR, WRX? - please don’t say it’s not LSD like the other guy, it’s AWD, doesn’t need a front LSD. I guess we can add Mustang and Camaro since it’s now as big as those cars.

I personally don’t want any of those except maybe Corolla GR, but they’re definitely competition.
My X2 M35i is X-Drive of course but has an M-LSD in the front instead of the rear. I drove a loaner a couple days ago and it didn’t have LSD in it and God does that make such a huge difference on FWD model with AWD.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My X2 M35i is X-Drive of course but has an M-LSD in the front instead of the rear. I drove a loaner a couple days ago and it didn’t have LSD in it and God does that make such a huge difference on FWD model with AWD.
Cool, I’m not sure the Subaru system works the same since it’s not FWD based, but a rear LSD would sure be nice like on our first gen WRX. That car was so controllable in snow. Cost cutting.

I love the LSD in my Si compared to the Sport hatch I had before. Dry, wet, snow, all much better.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey
Rain, snow, track..yeah I get the desire for a LSD. On the dry streets where I drive 95% of the time.... You really gotta be driving like an @$$hole to notice the difference. Personally I can live without it.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
Rain, snow, track..yeah I get the desire for a LSD. On the dry streets where I drive 95% of the time.... You really gotta be driving like an @$$hole to notice the difference. Personally I can live without it.
I wouldn't say Asshole, but you can definitely feel it when on a fun twisty road.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)

All of those cars will be better options for someone who want a performance performance bargain. Integra won't stand a chance.
I don't think LSD will be the main selling point of the Integra. It's just a bonus that the "main" competitors don't have.
Because like you said, those who actually value 6mt+LSD set up will probably get an actual sport compact.
But those who wanted a 6mt compact car with a little more premium experience would appreciate the added LSD.

I love the LSD in my Si compared to the Sport hatch I had before. Dry, wet, snow, all much better.

So when the Veloster N first came out, I test drove the base 250hp one with no LSD. Then I went straight to a Honda dealership and drove the Si. Si was superior in every way except for the power, which the N struggled to put down anyway lol. LSD is what made the Si so special compared to the Korean rivals (and Nissan..when they had the Nismo) Every performance car with 200+hp should come with either LSD or AWD imo Non-performance cars don't really need one tho.