• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

New 2024 owner here !

IntegraSpeed

First Name
Jools
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Literally just picked up my new Type S. Got it at slightly under MSRP. Maybe $1100 off. Mind you, they did have some added accessories. Carbon mirrors, carbon spoiler, copper painted wheels (over 2.5k) ouch ! Alacantra Steering wheel, and Emblems front and back gloss black. So $5.7k in extras. No wonder they didn't mind knocking off $1100 lol

Not really done much other than drive it home. I need to get some work done for work, then i can play..

I came from the VW Gti world, i was going to pull the trigger on a MK8 R Manual, but said ok time for a change. This would of been the 3rd Gti in a row, so i mean yeah i have all the tools and what not, but a little change doesn't hurt once in a while.

I'm totally new to Honda / Acura. In the VW world we have VAGCOM that allows you to make changes, diags Actually without one you're crippled to do a lot of your own maintenance.. is there any such thing in Honda / Acura ? i'd like to turn off the seat belt chime.. Be able to release the Electronic parking brake and things like that when it comes to that time. Before the safety brigade jump on me... Yes i do wear my seat belt, but if i'm going slow in my own community, i don't want the annoyance of the chirping. Besides i've been riding two wheels for the last 30yrs, never worn a seatbelt riding lol Anyway point being, is i don't want my car to nanny me.

Also i had in my Gti a clutch pedal stop, to slightly reduce the play in the pedal. Kinda liked it. Really was happy to see there's a manufactuer out there still behind the manual ! for me its the most essential part of driving. no longer do i have to listen to the DSG owners (who can't drive stick) say well DSG is faster. yeah maybe it is, but its f&*$%^&ng boring !

OP
OP
IntegraSpeed

IntegraSpeed

First Name
Jools
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
been giving it a good run tonight. Cabin noise is perhaps a little louder than i would have expected. Probably down to the fat tires ! Not complaining one bit. Absolutely love the car. The engine, and exhaust both sound amazing. Gear shifter is perfect ! its a lot of fun. Fast too. Only con i have is, the door compartments are hard plastic. I think they could of added some softer material in there. (coming from VW, they had a slightly nicer touch there) It could have a small compartment to hide the key. I would of also liked homelink, but can live without it. I have myQ on my watch and phone. Still trying to come to terms with paying nearly 3k for the bronze paint on the wheels. I mean if they were lighter or something, it would be more palatable. But they do look nice.. The carbon mirrors and spoiler are things i would have got anyway. I'll give it a ceramic 15% tint, and a proper detail, as in clay bar, light polish if need be and a ceramic sealant and call it good.

Here she is.
IMG_0799.jpeg

RamVA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Beat, Acty, Prelude, CBR1kRR, ITS, Motocompacto
Did you get the stock (charcoal) wheels as well? You should have, if you paid for the bronze the stock wheels are yours. Makes the $3k sting a little bit less, and would be good for winters or (in FL) track wheels.

OP
OP
IntegraSpeed

IntegraSpeed

First Name
Jools
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Did you get the stock (charcoal) wheels as well? You should have, if you paid for the bronze the stock wheels are yours. Makes the $3k sting a little bit less, and would be good for winters or (in FL) track wheels.
I did not. Just the copper color wheels that were on the car. I thought that's how it came from the factory. but i could be wrong. might be worth a call to them tomorrow.

RamVA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Beat, Acty, Prelude, CBR1kRR, ITS, Motocompacto
I did not. Just the copper color wheels that were on the car. I thought that's how it came from the factory. but i could be wrong. might be worth a call to them tomorrow.
Yes, you should call your dealer.

The bronze wheels are not a factory option, they are a dealer-installed accessory. That's why they are so expensive - you're not paying for a different finish, you're paying for a whole new set of rims. Which means you still own the stock rims. If they were not planning to supply them to you as part of your deal they should have disclosed that.

My dealer was adamant that for any accessories purchased, I owned the stock parts. (I only bought the bronze wheels.) I had them mount all-seasons to the stock rims which I am now using for winters.

I won't be surprised it they give you a hard time. If they do it's worth escalating to the Acura regional manager, or even national. But those stock rims are yours.

They also owe you your stock steering wheel.

Last edited:

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP ITS
been giving it a good run tonight. Cabin noise is perhaps a little louder than i would have expected. Probably down to the fat tires ! Not complaining one bit. Absolutely love the car. The engine, and exhaust both sound amazing. Gear shifter is perfect ! its a lot of fun. Fast too. Only con i have is, the door compartments are hard plastic. I think they could of added some softer material in there. (coming from VW, they had a slightly nicer touch there) It could have a small compartment to hide the key. I would of also liked homelink, but can live without it. I have myQ on my watch and phone. Still trying to come to terms with paying nearly 3k for the bronze paint on the wheels. I mean if they were lighter or something, it would be more palatable. But they do look nice.. The carbon mirrors and spoiler are things i would have got anyway. I'll give it a ceramic 15% tint, and a proper detail, as in clay bar, light polish if need be and a ceramic sealant and call it good.

Here she is.
IMG_0799.jpeg
That looks like Naples.
Im I right?

I love that area, too bad is too expensive.

Congrats by the way.

hiddenrun

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Apex Blue
The cheapest I found the copper wheels for online was right at $1500 delivered to me in Florida. No TPMS, of course, but still a decent deal. And as an Apex Blue Pearl owner myself, they sure look good!

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
@RamVA is correct that in most cases, a dealership includes the stock wheels, steering wheel, gloss black wing, shift knob--anything that was taken off of the car to install OEM accessories.

I'm curious to know how the dealership will respond to a call in this case, and hope they come up with the stock items without a fight... but the sale is technically complete, so it's anyone's guess.

rand0mchanc3

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Congrats! I'm also a new ITX owner as of yesterday, and I'm also coming from VW (just traded a Golf R for this). We both get to figure out an entirely new car! I'm kind of babying mine right now. It was delivered to me with 28 miles on it so I'm keeping the RPMs under 4000 until I pass 600 miles for the break in period. Also...I've heard some people say you should switch the oil out after the first 1000 miles, but Acura won't cover that oil change since it isn't called for in the service manual...might just pay for it myself, I dunno...have to read more about whether it actually matters. I was also surprised about the lack of connectivity in the car...but it isn't THAT big a deal to put a garage door clicker on the visor, and the VW phone app didn't work half of the time anyway.

Nivek2slick

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra type s
Looks good man congrats on the car your going to love it . In our world we have what's called hondata for computer management. However it's for tuning not sure for the other things you mentioned

ChromaPop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai Veloster N; VW GTI's, Mazdaspeed 3, Mini C

Here she is.
IMG_0799.jpeg
Interior Color?

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
Welcome to the ABP (Apex Blue Pearl) club!
I didn't get the bronze wheels on mine but my dealer did confirm that if I had chosen the bronze I would also have received the stock rims and had two sets.

OP
OP
IntegraSpeed

IntegraSpeed

First Name
Jools
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
That looks like Naples.
Im I right?

I love that area, too bad is too expensive.

Congrats by the way.
Internet sleuth. ;) You are indeed correct. Hey being a sleuth, how do i turn off this annoying seat belt chime ? I coded it out on any VW / audi i've owned for the last 15yrs. Lets just say i've grown very accustomed to not being nanny'd by my own car. YES i do wear my seatbelt, but if i'm going slow i enjoy unlicking and not being told off.