• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Need Your Advice for buying a used 2018 Acura RLX

Sixgerson

First Name
Sixgerson
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
acura rdx
This post slipped my mind, but I wanted to update you guys. In the end, I didn’t buy the car because a friend advised me to Vin check the Carfax alternative and verify before making any deals. Thanks to him, I saved thousands of dollars on a car that was in an auction and had major damage which I saw on the vehicle report I purchased. The seller didn’t know about it himself as it happened prior to his ownership! Here is the link to the report for those who are curious [ Acura RLX Report ].

Dear forum members,

I recently came across a used car that I'm considering purchasing and would love to hear your opinions on whether it's a good deal or not. The car in question is a 2018 Acura RLX with a 3.5L V6 SOHC 24V engine, but it has a salvage title. The seller is asking for $24,500 for the vehicle.

I've done some research on the Acura RLX, and it seems to be a reliable car with good performance and features. However, I'm hesitant about the salvage title. From what I understand, a salvage title means that the car was previously declared a total loss by an insurance company due to damage, theft, or other factors.

My concern is that a salvage title could mean that the car has significant underlying issues that could be costly to repair or that it may not be safe to drive. On the other hand, the price seems reasonable for the model year and mileage.

So, what do you think? Would you recommend buying a car with a salvage title? Are there any particular issues I should be aware of with this model? I'd appreciate any insights or advice you can provide.

Thank you in advance for your help!

1536677-1673748968-55184.jpg

1536677-1673748982-279344.jpg

Last edited:

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
It kind of depends on the type of damage it had. Pictures of the repair/damage are key. Sometimes you can Google the VIN and you’ll see pics of the damage.

Overall, I wouldn’t do it. Whatever savings you get now will be losses when you go to sell the car. for example, you could save $5k now, but you’ll lose $5k when you go to sell the car. It’s all about the total cost of ownership.

Plus there might be underlying issues and safety concerns that may plague the car.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
A Carfax report should be able to tell you why the car was a total loss, you'll need the VIN and will probably have to pay out of pocket for it. In my opinion, it's worth it to do your homework. A car that was in a flood, for example, will be a total loss that can be brought back to looking pristine... but it will no longer be dependable.

Ultimately, you'll have to decide if the risks are worth any cost discount you're getting, but close to $25k is a pretty big gamble.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Salvage title is at your own risk. I own a salvage title RX7. It was fine as a DD as the frame damage was able to be massaged out within stock specs. When I began modifying it became apparent this was an issue that needed corrected. Use this as you will.

JohnV

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 Ford C-Max Energi '19 Acura RDX
Salvage title is an instant non-starter for me. It's true that such a car can be wonderful and offer years of normal service after being properly reconditioned, but for me, there's no way to know for sure.
Also, salvage cars are quite difficult to resell.
I would only consider it if it was, like, a farm car, something I would drive around my property until it died, probably not take it on public roads much, and certainly never intend to resell. A RLX doesn't come close to that description. Also, I don't own any property, lol.

Zeroptzero

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra 2018
Salvage titles are a no-go for me as well. The uncertainty and potential resale challenges make it too risky, especially for a car like the RLX. If I were to consider it, it would have to be for a specific purpose like you mentioned, a vehicle for non-road use.
https://www.autobuyersmarket.com/

Last edited: