• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Mpg

Jpsam96

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
Hey, I was wondering if anyone else was getting lower mpg then what was advertised for these cars. I’ve had the car for about 2 months now love it but I get like 25-27 mpg driving on comfort while on 93. Not sure if anyone else has this issue or maybe I just got a lemon or something. If anyone has any suggestions let me know. Thanks!

A3REDT

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT, 2015 Chevrolet Camaro SS 6
I get around 38-40mpg on 93. I do not "hypermile" it at all, but my commute is 50% interstate so that probably helps. I did notice a significant improvement after ~10k miles, before that I was averaging 36mpg or so. The conditions you're driving in and how you're driving make a huge difference in MPG. Trans makes a difference as well, you didn't clarify whether you have the CVT or 6MT.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Im also on a tune with 93. My average is 32 mpg 50/50. I am a spirited driver and my highway speeds are 80+

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I'm almost exclusively city and school zone driving getting close to 31mpg, spirited driving when I can and less so with the family--there are a lot of things that factor into your MPG.

Do you have the CVT or 6MT? Highway or city driving? Driving style? Amount of traffic? Premium fuel?

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra M/T
With the 6MT, my school route puts me at 29 I’d guess. Typically 35-40 if I drive reasonably on the highway without headwinds. Spirited driving makes a noticeable impact.

Wojo

First Name
Beef Cake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec CVT, 2015 TLX , 2002 TL Type S
if i " old man " drive, i can get easy 44-47 mpg w/cvt, my normal is 38-42, not much highway, i have
noticed that highway driving can drop my mpg, the sweet spot is around 40-45 mph, which is most
of my drive, if i get on it mpg drops very fast, i just don't have low traffic that much to enjoy it, also
i'm in the chicago area, the state animal is the " construction horse " so that sucks

OP
OP

Jpsam96

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
Sorry guys should have clarified it a bit more I do have a cvt with 4K miles on it, I always put 93 in the car. I drive more in the city. After the 2 months of owning the car I have yet to touch 30mpg or have even came close to it, which I find strange. Not sure what to do exactly. Not sure if I should contact the dealer or trade this one in for another one. Any feedback would be great.

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
Its certainly not out of the norm to get that low milage if you are mostly in stop and go traffic. What performance mode are you mostly in? Do you have auto start/stop on?
Ive averaged about 35 mpg over 15k of mostly hwy milles always in Sport mode.

lnf

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lunar Silver, 6MT Integra
Over 4k miles of 50/50 city streets and highway driving, my average is 33 mpg on my 6speed ASPEC. I stomp on it most days getting onto the freeway and do 80+.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
With the winter blend of gas (oct-nov through april) I saw my mpgs drop into the 27-28 range. Obviously more cold starts and warming up through those months as well. Now I'm back to 30+.

Like you, I primarily drive stop and go traffic. The closest I get to a highway is 50mph rural roads occasionally.

Mines a 6mt and I don't baby it but I also don't race from every stop light like many in my area do. If I'm just commuting, I commute in a calm manner. I am also mindful of where it crosses into boost. Seems to be full boost around 1/4-1/2 throttle (depending on rpm thanks to that e-gate) in normal mode. Driving in boost will quickly kill mpgs.

There was one guy here who was new to driving manuals that was shifting at redline all the time wondering why his mpgs were in the teens a while back.

If you are new to these little turbocharged engines, you could be accelerating in boost frequently without knowing it. The baby turbo on these engines provide peak torque starting at just 1800rpm. In any normal driving scenario the turbo is ready to go. I have not driven a cvt model but I am guessing it makes the spooling less noticeable than the 6mt.

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra M/T
I count as new to these turbocharged engines. Dumb question, but I’ve assumed that it’s the boost that I’m feeling when the car “tugs” at lower speeds. Does that sound right? I tend to notice it most in 1st and 2nd gear.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
I count as new to these turbocharged engines. Dumb question, but I’ve assumed that it’s the boost that I’m feeling when the car “tugs” at lower speeds. Does that sound right? I tend to notice it most in 1st and 2nd gear.
Depends on what you're referring to. When you're just cruising at like 2500 rpm quickly throw some throttle at it and hold it. You should feel a delayed surge of power. That delay is the time it takes the turbo to spool. Once you feel that power it would be "in boost." With stereo off and lower loads you can hear the turbo start spooling even in stock form. It's a very specific input to hear it.

You could also be talking about driveline lash which is stock form on these cars is pretty abysmal. The motor Mounts on these things are jello. When I'm backing into my driveway I can feel the whole motor shift as I let the clutch out. Once the world calms down I definitely have the RMM on my to-do list.

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra M/T

You could also be talking about driveline lash which is stock form on these cars is pretty abysmal. The motor Mounts on these things are jello. When I'm backing into my driveway I can feel the whole motor shift as I let the clutch out. Once the world calms down I definitely have the RMM on my to-do list.
After a quick search it sounds like driveline lash. I’ve wondered about the mounts before. Thanks for the insight, I’ll do some more reading.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Averaging about 30 right now. Less traffic so able to hit triple digits periodically

SharpAndy

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec 6spd
if i " old man " drive, i can get easy 44-47 mpg w/cvt, my normal is 38-42, not much highway, i have
noticed that highway driving can drop my mpg, the sweet spot is around 40-45 mph, which is most
of my drive, if i get on it mpg drops very fast, i just don't have low traffic that much to enjoy it, also
i'm in the chicago area, the state animal is the " construction horse " so that sucks

That is hilarious! Our state animal is the Orange Bear (barrel) here in the KC metro and surrounding areas of Missouri. The urge to start a slalom course on I-35 or I-70 is sooo strong....

I will agree that if you can keep these cars around that 45-50 mph mark without much stop and go, that is definitely the sweet spot. in my 6mt at those speeds I can average 34-38mpg. And while I feel like it could do better, that's still way above the epa rating, so I'll take it.