• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Moonroof in type S possible in future?

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
My sunroof dreams are irrelevant now. For $100 more (that's not a typo) going the M240i xDrive route which has a sunroof standard (aside from AWD and about 100 more hp!).

The ITS is officially dead. $52K for a fancy FWD Civic is insane even in 2023. Acura messed up big time. They are really hoping desperate Dad's will pay anything for a family manual mobile.
I hope that a lot of others feel the same way.

CYBR808

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20/'23 Civic Type R
You have to give up on this unless you want to take a handsaw in hand and do a DIY for us

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
You have to give up on this unless you want to take a handsaw in hand and do a DIY for us
I feel that anyone hanging onto the idea of the ITS getting a sunroof isnā€™t firmly rooted in realityā€¦ and is probably waiting for AWD, Type R and coupe to show up too.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I feel that anyone hanging onto the idea of the ITS getting a sunroof isnā€™t firmly rooted in realityā€¦ and is probably waiting for AWD, Type R and coupe to show up too.
At the end of an Autotrader price announcement video posted today, the guy predicted a 400hp AWD Integra Type-R with bucket seats... he doesn't exactly strike me as someone in-the-know, but certainly a dreamer.

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
At the end of an Autotrader price announcement video posted today, the guy predicted a 400hp AWD Integra Type-R with bucket seats... he doesn't exactly strike me as someone in-the-know, but certainly a dreamer.
seeing how honda prices things if that happened, 70k

OP
OP
Khyle785

Khyle785

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra 2023, Toyota MR2 1987
Idk ā€¦ I had an Infiniti G37S manual 6 speed coupe 3.7 L V6 engine 330hp - had a great moonroof with tiltā€¦ thatā€™s why I feel like it can be a realistic option for people wanting one

Ricochet48

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 RSX Type S
I hope that a lot of others feel the same way.
Oh they do. I don't think I've ever seen the MSRP of a car get laughed at as hard as this. Normally enthusiasts can guess mid-tier cars within $1-$2K. This was off by $4K from everyone's expectations.

Reddit, facebook, youtube, etc. are in lock step.

OP
OP
Khyle785

Khyle785

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Oh they do. I don't think I've ever seen the MSRP of a car get laughed at as hard as this. Normally enthusiasts can guess mid-tier cars within $1-$2K. This was off by $4K from everyone's expectations.

Reddit, facebook, youtube, etc. are in lock step.
Exactly!!! My guess was it would be $43k , $45k tops- I was expecting to pay $48k total with the dealer $5k markupā€¦final price hurtsā€¦ with trading in my aspec thatā€™s like close to $20k price difference ā€¦. Itā€™s absolutely insane!!

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Idk ā€¦ I had an Infiniti G37S manual 6 speed coupe 3.7 L V6 engine 330hp - had a great moonroof with tiltā€¦ thatā€™s why I feel like it can be a realistic option for people wanting one
G37 weighed between 3700 and 4100lbs so yeah sunroof weight wasn't an issue.

OP
OP
Khyle785

Khyle785

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
G37 weighed between 3700 and 4100lbs so yeah sunroof weight wasn't an issue.
Iā€™m trying to stay optimistic for future is all :) gotta save up the extra cash now and will need time for that

Ricochet48

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 RSX Type S
Exactly!!! My guess was it would be $43k , $45k tops- I was expecting to pay $48k total with the dealer $5k markupā€¦final price hurtsā€¦ with trading in my aspec thatā€™s like close to $20k price difference ā€¦. Itā€™s absolutely insane!!
Check out the 230i xDrive then. You can easily spec one to $43K with a moonroof and better creature comforts.

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
I had thought 47/48 and 50 out the door, but meh 2k more or less when you are talking 50k is negligible.
I still want one, and I m willing to pay, what I don't want is dealer mark ups which I am finding now.
Hopefully things will get better as the months roll by, we will have to wait and see, meanwhile, I am going to just keep doing what I am doing and saving all my money.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Iā€™m not saying itā€™s impossible or not a nice to have. Iā€™m just saying itā€™s highly unlikely that Honda is going to do it and wouldnā€™t make plans or wait for the what if.

Theyā€™re fairly predictable these days. When they added 5hp over CTR it was obvious the ITS would get priced higher. All their prices lately are what youā€™d expect plus 2-3k. Decontenting the Si to differentiate from Integra. Copy paste CTR to ITS and charging a bunch more without enough luxury to justify. They know what the market will bear and how to keep availability and features low to keep margins high.

So 2028 is earliest for next Integra, 2029 if thereā€™s a Type S. Thereā€™s virtually no chance of any major ITS changes until then and electrification could change everything, plus SUVs are taking over.

OP
OP
Khyle785

Khyle785

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
šŸ˜žšŸ˜žšŸ˜ž sad to think SUVs are taking full rein and so are electrics tooā€¦. Iā€™m stubborn in that Iā€™ve never owned an automatic and have refused to buy one, my 2009 g37s I owned 10 yrs had so many issues at the end- it needed a new transmission but simultaneously an engine block leak, so it was time to let that goā€¦. Thatā€™s why I jumped when I saw Integra with manual in February- but I was a few months shy of the S that wouldā€™ve been more fitting replacement. As I said in prior message on this thread, my MR2 has an aftermarket sunroof that Iā€™m happy with, so I know that is a likely option for me- just going to add that much more to the total cost for this car once I have enough saved to afford to upgrade though

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
šŸ˜žšŸ˜žšŸ˜ž sad to think SUVs are taking full rein and so are electrics tooā€¦. Iā€™m stubborn in that Iā€™ve never owned an automatic and have refused to buy one, my 2009 g37s I owned 10 yrs had so many issues at the end- it needed a new transmission but simultaneously an engine block leak, so it was time to let that goā€¦. Thatā€™s why I jumped when I saw Integra with manual in February- but I was a few months shy of the S that wouldā€™ve been more fitting replacement. As I said in prior message on this thread, my MR2 has an aftermarket sunroof that Iā€™m happy with, so I know that is a likely option for me- just going to add that much more to the total cost for this car once I have enough saved to afford to upgrade though
Iā€™ve only ever owned manuals too. Putting an aftermarket sunroof in an MR2 or even a regular Integra isnā€™t a big dealā€¦ but I wouldnā€™t recommend doing it to an ITS. Itā€™ll devalue whatā€™s likely to be a pretty valuable car down the road when EVs are the norm.