• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Moonroof in type S possible in future?

wagood

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Integra 6MT
I know the original poster has an Integra now, but for the other folks, have you been in a new Integra or Civic? Is the sunroof REALLY worth this much gnashing of teeth? … But IMO, the Integra one isn't comparable
I like moonroofs to vent out hot air during the summer and maybe once in a blue moon I’ll open it up all the way, but I’m also a little disappointed in how small the one in the integra is compared to the competition nowadays.

Maybe a decade or two ago this was a more standard size, but I’ve seen a bunch of new cars have bigger and bigger ones that it looks small now. Only complaint about it.

But I get it. I wanted a manual sudo-luxury hatchback and wouldn’t accept anything else, so to add another requirement on top of that isn’t crazy imo.

WishMaster2020

First Name
Wish
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
13 STI Limited, 98 Prelude, 04 RSX, 02 WS6 Firebrd
I was wondering if anyone had any insight as to whether the new type S will have a moonroof in the future if not for this release?[1] I am considering trading in my current, a spec Integra for the type S, but I am set on having a moonroof. Does anyone think that future releases will include one?[2]
Also, since I plan to trade in my new Integra with 3500 miles will it depreciate a ton if I wait another year?[3]

I’m so torn what to do here!
1. I don’t know what Acura is cooking up at this time.

2. I think that if they are forced to make an electric Integra (heaven forbid), then the center of gravity will be so low due to the battery packs that their CoG reason for forgoing it from the current version would no longer be relevant.

3. They are so rare I don‘t believe that A Specs would really go down in value that fast.

I really just wanted to chime in and say I completly understand the OP’s desire to have a a sunroof/moonroof. I wanted to get an Teggy Type-S but when given the opportunity I turned it down due to the lack of sunroof/moonroof OPTION.

My current vehicles:

2013 WRX STI Limited (w/ Moonroof*)
2004 RSX Type S (w/ Sunroof)
2000 Honda Prelude (w/ Sunroof)
2002 Pontiac Firebird WS6 (w/T-Top)
2015 Forester XT Touring (w/Moonroof)
1997 GMC Sierra 5-Spped (w/ sunroof)

I daily the RSX and Forester depending on work location and the others I rotate for joyrides/car meets on weekends.

I wanted to get the 2024 Integra Type S because I like working on my RSX and thought it would be fun to have a car like my Subie but w/ something to daily and maintain that is more like my K20 based RSX.

Like the OP, the first thing I do after turning the key and put my seatbelt on is open my sunroof either all the way or vertically as far as it will go. I live mostly in Hawaii but I also have a place in Tennessee (where my Firebird and Truck are). I say that because no matter if its sunshine and rainbows or winter I always use my sunroof and I am disappointed I cant get the engine/transmission/suspension of the Integra I want in the chassis trim of the Integra I want.
*Moonroof=roof glass slides between the roof panels when fully open
Sunroof=roof glass goes over the body of the car at an angle when fully open

nix6speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
@WishMaster2020 don't let Acura ruin your dreams. Get out a Sawzall and cut that perfect sized hole in the roof.

Also, as a former '00 Trans AM owner T-Tops were a cool novelty. Weatherstrips leaking were not.