• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Moonroof in type S possible in future?

Ricochet48

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 RSX Type S
Personally, I am a huge fan of sunroofs. I use mine in my RSX-S all the time. The fresh air can feel great and the light it lets in makes the small cabin feel bigger. Very disappointed the ITS doesn't have one (yet). I also understand that some never use it, might be too tall for it, and that the weight is in the worst place possible.

As hinted, I believe a sunroof will be an option in 1-2 years. They wanted to keep the initial base price down which is why the launch version is more basic. I don't buy for a second that 300tq needs the extra rigidity. Seems like just a cost cutting effort to me (like the USB chargers, manual passenger seat, etc.)

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
This is the last all ICE New Acura model. I doubt they will do much to change it if they even have a mid cycle refresh. It's a Manual transmission only so they are already catering to a small select crowd.

aftermarket would be the only chance of having this feature. You could buy an Integra roof skin and perform a swap. Have a laser welder you could borrow?

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
This is the last all ICE New Acura model. I doubt they will do much to change it if they even have a mid cycle refresh. It's a Manual transmission only so they are already catering to a small select crowd.

aftermarket would be the only chance of having this feature. You could buy an Integra roof skin and perform a swap. Have a laser welder you could borrow?
if FK8 MMC is any indication, not a whole lot will be changed. Maybe some minor changes but car has basially been perfected.

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
I was wondering if anyone had any insight as to whether the new type S will have a moonroof in the future if not for this release? I am considering trading in my current, a spec Integra for the type S, but I am set on having a moonroof. Does anyone think that future releases will include one?
Also, since I plan to trade in my new Integra with 3500 miles will it depreciate a ton if I wait another year?

Iā€™m so torn what to do here!
I doubt it but with the Integra you never know it could be offered as an optionb.
they dont want any added weight at the top of the car for performance.
I also wondered if this car could possibly bring back 2 door coupes, this car would look amazing as a 2 door.

darkspeeed

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec
I was wondering if anyone had any insight as to whether the new type S will have a moonroof in the future if not for this release? I am considering trading in my current, a spec Integra for the type S, but I am set on having a moonroof. Does anyone think that future releases will include one?
Also, since I plan to trade in my new Integra with 3500 miles will it depreciate a ton if I wait another year?

Iā€™m so torn what to do here!
I am a huge fan of moonroofs myself, however for the Type-R/Type-S chassis it won't happen unfortunately. It was the same way for all previous gen Civic/Integra Type R models as well. If I'm not mistaken, I believe it has something to do with the chassis rigidity and weight savings (amongst other reasons I'm sure)

The Si or in our case the A-Spec is the sweet spot between performance and features, but hey either way you cant really go wrong with either choice!

Ricochet48

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 RSX Type S
I am a huge fan of moonroofs myself, however for the Type-R/Type-S chassis it won't happen unfortunately. It was the same way for all previous gen Civic/Integra Type R models as well. If I'm not mistaken, I believe it has something to do with the chassis rigidity and weight savings (amongst other reasons I'm sure)

The Si or in our case the A-Spec is the sweet spot between performance and features, but hey either way you cant really go wrong with either choice!
The 20 year old RSX has a moonroof, even the base. It was an Integra everywhere but the US & Canada. The Type R didn't have one though because 'racecar' (and iir the base Canadian model could option it off).

I'm guessing they took it off in year one to keep the price down for marketing purposes and it will be an OEM option in year 2. To me not having one is a big mistake, I use mine all the time (and it's well worth the weight gain).

OP
OP
Khyle785

Khyle785

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra 2023, Toyota MR2 1987
The 20 year old RSX has a moonroof, even the base. It was an Integra everywhere but the US & Canada. The Type R didn't have one though because 'racecar' (and iir the base Canadian model could option it off).

I'm guessing they took it off in year one to keep the price down for marketing purposes and it will be an OEM option in year 2. To me not having one is a big mistake, I use mine all the time (and it's well worth the weight gain).
wish i knew for sure if itwill be an option though.....i really want the S sooner than later but at same time would hate toregret if they started offering the sunroof!!!

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
wish i knew for sure if itwill be an option though.....i really want the S sooner than later but at same time would hate toregret if they started offering the sunroof!!!
There will never me a sunroof in the ITS. Feel free to dream that maybe in 3 or 4 years if they decide to do a mid cycle refresh it's added then. But I would say with certainty on a low volume vehicle it will not.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

Ricochet48

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 RSX Type S
My sunroof dreams are irrelevant now. For $100 more (that's not a typo) going the M240i xDrive route which has a sunroof standard (aside from AWD and about 100 more hp!).

The ITS is officially dead. $52K for a fancy FWD Civic is insane even in 2023. Acura messed up big time. They are really hoping desperate Dad's will pay anything for a family manual mobile.

OP
OP
Khyle785

Khyle785

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My sunroof dreams are irrelevant now. For $100 more (that's not a typo) going the M240i xDrive route which has a sunroof standard (aside from AWD and about 100 more hp!).

The ITS is officially dead. $52K for a fancy FWD Civic is insane even in 2023. Acura messed up big time. They are really hoping desperate Dad's will pay anything for a family manual mobile.
Agree šŸ˜“ Iā€™m so disappointed with the price release from Acura . I really hope they sit on those cars. Iā€™m not paying $17k more for not even being given choice to have a moonroof in there. Wtf šŸ¤¬

Last edited:
OP
OP
Khyle785

Khyle785

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hey what gives with this?! How are they declaring type s Integra has sunroof?!

94DB8EB9-53E3-4149-99E1-1CD59925A076.jpeg

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Hey what gives with this?! How are they declaring type s Integra has sunroof?!

94DB8EB9-53E3-4149-99E1-1CD59925A076.jpeg
Just because you find a dealership posting incorrect information that you like doesn't make it accurate--they're also advertising using an artist's render of a heavily modified prototype-based ITS, not exactly what I'd call truthful advertising.

OP
OP
Khyle785

Khyle785

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just because you find a dealership posting incorrect information that you like doesn't make it accurate--they're also advertising using an artist's render of a heavily modified prototype-based ITS, not exactly what I'd call truthful advertising.
I know I was laughing at the photo choice I donā€™t know how they are allowed to post so much incorrect info