• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

moneypal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S White
yea it might not be worth 50k ish but then again this entire segment of cars are basically 50k rn for GR corollas, Golf Rs, CTR. In that way I think it could be worth it, as this offers more than a CTR in terms of a bit more luxury
and if this drives as good as the CTR, it'll be a great handling car. The Gr corolla is abysmal in terms of interior quality that seriously makes me decide against it at near 45-50k for a circuit edition, the AWD is great but im not sure it's for me. The golf R is the perfect car theoretically, but is a very sterile car in a sense, and VW shifters suck.

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Dumb question but does that mean they’ll let us drive it? Did regular customers test drive the GR? If none of the sales ppl got to experience the FK8/FL5 before I’d be happy to take them on a quick hot lap in their ITS lol
Yep . I test drove a manual Aspec demo that a dealer had in May before they went on sale.

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
yea it might not be worth 50k ish but then again this entire segment of cars are basically 50k rn for GR corollas, Golf Rs, CTR. In that way I think it could be worth it, as this offers more than a CTR in terms of a bit more luxury
What’s more luxury about the ITS over the CTR?

It has heated seats, a HUD, and the ELS Studio 3D stereo. That’s pretty much it. The CTR has nicer seats, a better gauge cluster, the LogR function.

Personally, I was hoping for a bit more “luxury” with the ITS. Ventilated seats, heated steering wheel, rear AC vents (because the back seats are extremely usable in the Integra), more sound insulation, a HomeLink rear view mirror, etc. But it doesn’t have those features, and I struggle to try to justify the value of the ITS at a ~$48k MSRP, as I’d be paying about $12k to “upgrade”, and would be getting less features.

$50k and you’re starting to get in to CPO territory for a performance luxury cars from the Germans. IDK, I got back and forth on whether I think the ITS is worth it, or if so should just save the money and upgrade to an even nicer car down the road.

VT Skier

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RLX
Yep, 3 dealers told me that they are required to keep the 1st ITS for 30 days as a full demo before selling as brand new...
My dealer told me the same, but said his would arrive in June. He also said it was pre-sold but that I could test drive it anyway. Which seems weird, but maybe that's the deal they offered the buyer.

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
and if this drives as good as the CTR, it'll be a great handling car. The Gr corolla is abysmal in terms of interior quality that seriously makes me decide against it at near 45-50k for a circuit edition, the AWD is great but im not sure it's for me. The golf R is the perfect car theoretically, but is a very sterile car in a sense, and VW shifters suck.
I agree, the interior of the Corolla is horrendous for the price.

The Golf R is great, minus the fact that they did away with nearly every physical control for the infotainment and HVAC. I looked at an Arteon and really like it, but everything was capacitive touch buttons, which I hated.

moneypal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

It has heated seats, a HUD, and the ELS Studio 3D stereo. That’s pretty much it. The CTR has nicer seats, a better gauge cluster, the LogR function.

Personally, I was hoping for a bit more “luxury” with the ITS. Ventilated seats, heated steering wheel, rear AC vents (because the back seats are extremely usable in the Integra), more sound insulation, a HomeLink rear view mirror, etc. But it doesn’t have those features, and I struggle to try to justify the value of the ITS at a ~$48k MSRP, as I’d be paying about $12k to “upgrade”, and would be getting less features.

$50k and you’re starting to get in to CPO territory for a performance luxury cars from the Germans. IDK, I got back and forth on whether I think the ITS is worth it, or if so should just save the money and upgrade to an even nicer car down the road.
your right, its not that luxurious, and those extra features that you mentioned are the reason im even choosing this over an FL5. It might not be a ton more features but for a similar price point as the FL5 it makes it worth it for me in that sense. Im also coming from an accord sport so it would be nice to have a nice sound system, Parking sensors, etc. But the ITS is almost 20k more than what my accord was so maybe you're right that ts not that worth it. There has been plenty of times I have thought I could just go buy a nice Lexus or a sportier German for that price range. But then ur just driving a 4 thousand pound car,thats probably very fast, but won't feel as special for as long. The reason im choosing this segment of cars is simply to have a manual, as Im coming from a manual car as well.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
The reason im choosing this segment of cars is simply to have a manual, as Im coming from a manual car as well.
I almost got a manual Accord like yours--you'll love the shifter in the Integra, it's a million times better.

...which does make me wonder why they'd use anything else, but I don't make the decisions.

moneypal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I almost got a manual Accord like yours--you'll love the shifter in the Integra, it's a million times better.

...which does make me wonder why they'd use anything else, but I don't make the decisions.
yea the accord shifter is super unimpressive, it just fit the need at the time. I did put in a the whole acuity shifter mod suite in except for the shifter cable bushings and it made the shifter a lot better. No where near a SI shifter or even CTR shifter tho.

NearLeopard

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra ASpec/Tech 6MT, 23Mx5 Club Brembo

Couldn't agree more honestly. Having stepped back and really looked at the whole picture, there's not a ton on the "luxury" side to warrant an upgrade. Not only that but you actually LOSE things that the normal Integra already has. There's a manual passenger seat, no sunroof (unlike every other type s in the lineup), no seat memory despite having a powered driver seat, no rear USB ports, one less seat in the back, lower weight rating for carrying people, no engine start/stop (not really a loss for most people that don't like it, but now you get a blank button in your 50k car), etc.

To me, this vehicle is all drive. You either put the drivetrain as your #1 priority and worth the up charge over the normal Integra or you just go find one of the many integras on the lot and still get a great car.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Any idea where the rumored May 11th originated from ? I wonder if that really is true, now its basically exactly a week away! :eek:
Acura reps told their dealers, salesmen reached out to those with deposits & said they should know more details like pricing & online reservation May 11th. I have deposits down with both Acura dealers near me & they both said the same thing. Apparently a lot of folks with deposits have been told the same thing.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
My dealer told me the same, but said his would arrive in June. He also said it was pre-sold but that I could test drive it anyway. Which seems weird, but maybe that's the deal they offered the buyer.
I wonder how the person that has “pre-bought” feels about others test driving his car. I’d refuse the vehicle if I had found that out.

chenc544

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 17 Q60 RS, 07 997TT, 94 300ZX TT
Couldn't agree more. I would have been perfectly happy with either CTR or GRC but the supply is just not there and I refuse to pay the ADM that the dealers are asking. If ITS market turns out similar I'm looking for a S5 Sporback or M440i Gran Coupe instead. I would rather pay a little more for a better value. When the car market comes back down to earth in the near future I don't want to be the one left holding the bag.

Speedyx

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TLX

I'm in agreement with you, very disappointed it doesn't have some of todays basic luxuries. I'm still going to buy it and still pumped for the car but i would never pay an ADM for the car. If that was the case i would just buy a tlx type s and get those additional luxuries the ITS is missing, which can easily be gotten at msrp. Guarantee you this time next year you can easily get a ITS at msrp. But can you wait, i can but im fortunate enough to have a dealer that is going to charge me msrp. The wait for me is just going to be them getting blue/black combo. If i get thar before the end of summer i will be happy.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I wish I could wait! My trade in truck will continue to rapidly depreciate like all trucks do. It’s a year old with 56K on it. 💩 But if I could wait until next year, I’d almost be able to buy it outright which would be a first, and a good feeling.

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
I wish I could wait! My trade in truck will continue to rapidly depreciate like all trucks do. It’s a year old with 56K on it. 💩 But if I could wait until next year, I’d almost be able to buy it outright which would be a first, and a good feeling.
Not if it was a Tacoma