• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Integra SH-AWD confirmed? Possibly

Integra805

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus GS350, MDX

dellyjoughnut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota 4Runner, '19 Civic Sport Hatchback
(X) Doubt

Honda did a copy and paste with the current L15B7 engine and transmission. If they did, an AWD transmission swap is possible in the 10th gen.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
" a sophisticated decklid spoiler "
Never heard of a spoiler called Sophisticated before. I guess my cars unsophisticated.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
I've mentioned it before, as nice as getting SH-AWD on the integra would be... it will need a power bump or else it'll be slower than a regular civic with all that extra weight added. (speaking to the regular 1.5T version, not the Type S)

Given that this "leak" has some odd wording choices (IMO as a corporate copy writer) as well as mention of LSD, SH-AWD, Manual and ... spoiler... but no HP, no auto option, no trim level, leads me to believe this is probably made up or incorrect info.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
I've mentioned it before, as nice as getting SH-AWD on the integra would be... it will need a power bump or else it'll be slower than a regular civic with all that extra weight added. (speaking to the regular 1.5T version, not the Type S)

Given that this "leak" has some odd wording choices (IMO as a corporate copy writer) as well as mention of LSD, SH-AWD, Manual and ... spoiler... but no HP, no auto option, no trim level, leads me to believe this is probably made up or incorrect info.
It depends on how good the transmission paired with it is.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt

Nerd-Vol

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Si Sedan, 2004 S2000

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Civic EXL HB 2023 Integra A Spec Tech
As expected honestly. Never really believed an AWD version would come based on what was said.
Dreams dashed. To be expected.
Acura is positioning this as the gateway to the brand. Using the civic platform and AWD isn’t a cost Worth it.

the hopeful holdout is a VTEC or DCT as opposed to a cvt

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Acura is positioning this as the gateway to the brand. Using the civic platform and AWD isn’t a cost Worth it.

They have VTEC for the 1.5T and 2.0T. I don’t foresee a DCT coming to either engine. 1.5T might get the CVT and 2.0T gets 10 Speed. I would just wait and see. I hope they do something soon because I’m getting even more impatient because my lease ends around June and I gotta figure out if I buy a Civic hatchback for the mean time and utilize the whole market and sell it to Carmax.

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si

Yep. I’m definitely not buying one if it’s got a CVT. Tried to ignore people saying Acura constantly disappoints but honestly AWD was a nice plus and oh well I’m not getting that. But that’s an insult to drop a CVT in this thing.