• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Installation of black emblems cost outrageous

Nivek2slick

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra type s
So got all my emblems in the black A front and back and the type s ones as well . I called local dealership here in so cal and they tried to charge me $400 to install. I was like wtf . Now granted I can't install (just for front one )it due to lack of time and tools / knowledge but $400 that's just bat shit crazy . Anyone locally orange county CA area know of anyone or better pricing something .. thanks for the help

Last edited:

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
The rear emblem takes 15m max, no tools needed except some fishing line.

the front emblem, otoh, is a pita. If you have to go to a dealer, maybe just ask for the front emblem and do the rear yourself.

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
Yeah my dealer wanted $500 just for the front emblem, I'm on the East Coast. I said screw it and tackled it myself. It ended up being easier than I thought but still required bumper removal (I cheated and was able to do it with top part partially removed which I do NOT recommend).

OP
OP
Nivek2slick

Nivek2slick

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra type s
Yeah my dealer wanted $500 just for the front emblem, I'm on the East Coast. I said screw it and tackled it myself. It ended up being easier than I thought but still required bumper removal (I cheated and was able to do it with top part partially removed which I do NOT recommend).
That's freaking crazy I found a mobile mechanic to do it all for $150 should be here in a bit let's see

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
I have a feeling these are those "I really don't want to do it, but if you pay this much then fine." prices

KindaACarGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S (ABP/Black) ; Tacoma TRD
So got all my emblems in the black A front and back and the type s ones as well . I called local dealership here in so cal and they tried to charge me $400 to install. I was like wtf . Now granted I can't install (just for front one )it due to lack of time and tools / knowledge but $400 that's just bat shit crazy . Anyone locally orange county CA area know of anyone or better pricing something .. thanks for the help
Dealers know it is a luxury item, so they figure if people want this accessory they will pay almost whatever we ask to install it. I'm sure your mobile mechanic will do as good of a job.

OP
OP
Nivek2slick

Nivek2slick

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra type s
Dealers know it is a luxury item, so they figure if people want this accessory they will pay almost whatever we ask to install it. I'm sure your mobile mechanic will do as good of a job.
Yea trying to charge by the hr vs set price I doubt anyone foolish enough to pay that much

zooka

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S 2022 RDX A-Spec
The price is ridiculous , but the labor does warrant it. The whole front Fascia needs to come off which is no easy task. I thought about doing it myself but there is just to much risk for me in damaging paint or breaking clips. These are the instructions for the lighted but really no different then just the black other than plugging in the harness. I would be carful with a mechanic saying they can do it for $150 they honestly may not know what they are getting into.

View attachment Integra-Illuminated-Emblem-Install-BII19600-24 copy.pdf

Last edited:

gregbutler_20

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Acura Integra, 22 ILX (sold).
My accessory sheet shows 326 for a dealer to do it here in MD. I wonder if this is just a CA tax.

Kvtran21

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
if you want a quick solution that won’t require you to remove your front bumper you can plastidip the front emblem.

I didn’t care to remove my bumper and just wanted a black emblem, so I opted to try it out. It took maybe 15-20 minutes, mainly from masking off and ensuring I had proper plastic sheets to cover any overspray.

Although not as nice as an OEM blacked out emblem, I was happy with the look.

1706111590615.jpeg

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
My accessory sheet shows 326 for a dealer to do it here in MD. I wonder if this is just a CA tax.
My quoted $500 labor price was here in North Carolina :(

The price is ridiculous , but the labor does warrant it. The whole front Fascia needs to come off which is no easy task. I thought about doing it myself but there is just to much risk for me in damaging paint or breaking clips. These are the instructions for the lighted but really no different then just the black other than plugging in the harness. I would be carful with a mechanic saying they can do it for $150 they honestly may not know what they are getting into.

View attachment Integra-Illuminated-Emblem-Install-BII19600-24 copy.pdf
That's the guide I used and it helped.

A FEW TIPS: You definitely need to jack the car up or drive up some ramps to get to the bottom bolts and clips. BUT, before lifting the car or driving it up some ramps, turn on the car and turn the steering wheel all the way, this will allow a screwdriver to fit between the tire and wheel well area for the two screws and two clips you need to undo.

The ONE thing that guide does not tell you is that the center part of the entire front bumper is clipped in which requires a bit more force to yank out (this is where two people would be more helpful).

FYI, there's a YouTube clip out there where a guy uses plastic removal tool to unclip around the headlight. PLEASE DO NOT DO THAT, in the instructions manual listed above, tells you how and which way to pull it from the headlight area via the arrows using your hands.

if you want a quick solution that won’t require you to remove your front bumper you can plastidip the front emblem.
I actually was about to do this instead as i've had good longevity with plastidip in previous cars emblems.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nivek2slick

Nivek2slick

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra type s
Update *** I got it all installed for $150 never took off bumper he broke the original A and then got it in looks fantastic

Kvtran21

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Update *** I got it all installed for $150 never took off bumper he broke the original A and then got it in looks fantastic
Interesting.. did you see what exactly he did? Wonder if that’s what other dealerships are doing to get this installed lol