• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Installation of black emblems cost outrageous

Godofelru

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 TEP ITS
So got all my emblems in the black A front and back and the type s ones as well . I called local dealership here in so cal and they tried to charge me $400 to install. I was like wtf . Now granted I can't install (just for front one )it due to lack of time and tools / knowledge but $400 that's just bat shit crazy . Anyone locally orange county CA area know of anyone or better pricing something .. thanks for the help
I'm obviously on other coast but my local dealership did the front emblem installed for $178 and that included the emblem itself. They had a sheet that was like accessories ordered and installed price. They were the most expensive, but another local dealership offered to do it cheaper and my dealership matched it.

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
Update *** I got it all installed for $150 never took off bumper he broke the original A and then got it in looks fantastic
That's another way in doing it haha. Id imagine doing it this way they just let the two back screws drop into the abyss and just used double sided tape for the new one.

OP
OP
Nivek2slick

Nivek2slick

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra type s
Interesting.. did you see what exactly he did? Wonder if that’s what other dealerships are doing to get this installed lol
Yeah he used the detail stick don't know what it's called and a cloth to get in the A to lift once it lifted he just broke it off used some mechanical style tweezers to get the prongs out and the screws he tapped so they would fall out the other side . Put in new A with 3m tape and good as new can't tell any different and I can't take it off I tried to see if I can . To remove again would have to heat it up ..I'll update pics right now cars super dirty though

OP
OP
Nivek2slick

Nivek2slick

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra type s
That's another way in doing it haha. Id imagine doing it this way they just let the two back screws drop into the abyss and just used double sided tape for the new one.
Yup exactly what happend

OP
OP
Nivek2slick

Nivek2slick

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra type s
Also if anyone interested I found a website from Acura in las Vegas giving huge discounts instead of 240 I got the type s for $160 I believe and that's all 4 and the A front and back got them for 60 each on eBay from a Acura dealership

https://www.acurapartshq.com/

If you have the part number you can see if still on sale

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
FYI, there's a YouTube clip out there where a guy uses plastic removal tool to unclip around the headlight. PLEASE DO NOT DO THAT, in the instructions manual listed above, tells you how and which way to pull it from the headlight area via the arrows using your hands.
You're saying you didn't need to use pry tools at all to remove?

I just ordered the illuminated A and will be tackling this on next weekend.

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
You're saying you didn't need to use pry tools at all to remove?

I just ordered the illuminated A and will be tackling this on next weekend.
Not for the front bumper removal. Use your hands, there is a specific way to remove the bumper once all the bolts are removed. Per page 7 of the PDF, the arrows indicate to pull up and away from the wheel arch, then pull away from the headlight area to unclip. I did this using just my hands and pulled out without issues nor damage for the upper part of the bumper. The middle part of the bumper requires a bit more force to unclip.

As for the rear "A" emblem, that is the only time I needed a pry tool and i used two of the thinnest ones. You'll want to triple layer painters-tape all around the emblem to make sure no indentions are made when using the trim removal.