• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Accessory Installation - Pattern Projector

jdrinboston

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra ASpec w/ Tech CVT
Hi all! First time Acura owner who picked up his Integra A-Spec Tech on Thursday (3/30). After years of driving Civics and an Accord, I decided to make the leap to an Acura and I'm thrilled with my Integra. So much so that I am considering doing a couple of dealer installed accessory additions for the first time in my 25 years of owning cars. The most obvious one to me as a New Englander is the heated steering wheel, but my nerdier side is also interested in doing the logo pattern projector. I glanced at some installation instructions, which I found online and was somewhat shocked that it appears the entire interior door assembly has to be removed for the installation. (I guess I somehow assumed that the electrical guts for the projector was already installed, but that the projector itself just needed to be installed to the outside) Now I would never in a million years try to do something like this myself so I will have the dealer techs do it. My question - because again this is the first time I've ever considered doing something like this - what are the chances the dealer can't get the door back together with the same fit and tightness that now exists? While I think the logo projectors are a cool little feature, I certainly wouldn't trade them for an annoying rattle in my doors for the rest of my time owning the vehicle. Any insights and thoughts are appreciated!

SuperCyan

First Name
Xavian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec w/ Tech CVT
A valid concern, not entirely sure of the answer. I would hope and assume 99% of the time the door goes back together normally and there is no rattles created because of it. But even if there was, can always take it back to dealer and have them check it out.
I'd highly recommend also looking into the illuminated door sill trim. Was the only accessory I got on my car before I picked it up and it just adds that extra flair whenever you open any door on the car. Looks amazing at night

Mackay42

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A-spec Integra CVT w/ Tech pack
A valid concern, not entirely sure of the answer. I would hope and assume 99% of the time the door goes back together normally and there is no rattles created because of it. But even if there was, can always take it back to dealer and have them check it out.
I'd highly recommend also looking into the illuminated door sill trim. Was the only accessory I got on my car before I picked it up and it just adds that extra flair whenever you open any door on the car. Looks amazing at night
can you post images of it at night? my google-fu is failing me and only see the "project integra" video that showcases it, but it doesn't do it justice.

SuperCyan

First Name
Xavian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
can you post images of it at night? my google-fu is failing me and only see the "project integra" video that showcases it, but it doesn't do it justice.
IMG_0137.jpeg

Only pic I have currently unfortunately that kinda shows it. You definitely notice it going in and out of the car at night. Itā€™s not blindingly bright or anything, but definitely not dim either.

Would take a better pic now, but my car is in the body shop still from an accident.

Mackay42

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A-spec Integra CVT w/ Tech pack
IMG_0137.jpeg

Only pic I have currently unfortunately that kinda shows it. You definitely notice it going in and out of the car at night. Itā€™s not blindingly bright or anything, but definitely not dim either.

Would take a better pic now, but my car is in the body shop still from an accident.
dude, that looks good.. and oh shit, sorry for your car.. hope surgery goes well.

time to go shoppin`..

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
IMG_0137.jpeg

If I'm not mistaken, those illuminated sills are on all 4 doors, not just the front, right?

I think they look great!

SuperCyan

First Name
Xavian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If I'm not mistaken, those illuminated sills are on all 4 doors, not just the front, right?

I think they look great!
Yep, all 4 doors. I think for the price compared to some other accessories it's definitely worth it as it's at all 4 doors and something you or passengers see every time you get in or out. Gives it a nice touch

OP
OP
jdrinboston

jdrinboston

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for the feedback, everyone! Had the steering wheel and pattern projectors done earlier today and love them both! The illuminated door sills look great, but Iā€™ll need to save my pennies for a few months if I want to get those done.

SuperCyan

First Name
Xavian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for the feedback, everyone! Had the steering wheel and pattern projectors done earlier today and love them both! The illuminated door sills look great, but Iā€™ll need to save my pennies for a few months if I want to get those done.
Another MA owner, woo! Seen a good amount near me lately. Think only color I've yet to see is a Black one.

Also, how do you like the pattern projectors?

OP
OP
jdrinboston

jdrinboston

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Another MA owner, woo! Seen a good amount near me lately. Think only color I've yet to see is a Black one.

Also, how do you like the pattern projectors?
Iā€™ve only seen two other Teggys on the road recently, besides mine. The white one my neighbors friend drives and a silver one that blew past me on Route 3 on my way to work Wednesday.

Love the projectors! Such a cool little touch to the car. Even my husband -who has been slow to warm up to the car - was taken aback by how cool they are when he got in the passenger side last night.

SuperCyan

First Name
Xavian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Iā€™ve only seen two other Teggys on the road recently, besides mine. The white one my neighbors friend drives and a silver one that blew past me on Route 3 on my way to work Wednesday.

Love the projectors! Such a cool little touch to the car. Even my husband -who has been slow to warm up to the car - was taken aback by how cool they are when he got in the passenger side last night.
I'm way up in the north shore. Have seen a few around. I thought I'd be the only one in town for a while with one, but to my surprise someone got one maybe a month after I did last summer. Still a car I don't see much of, but great whenever you do. I try to wave to others with one but generally don't get one back šŸ˜‚

That's awesome! I may have to look into them, been on the fence about them.

Iqofone2002

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra A-Spec w Tech CVT White over Wh
How did the door trim do after install? Any squeaks or rattles?