• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How to make Individual mode selected when car starts

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
https://www.idlestopper.com/product/idscontroller/8

This is what I planned to put on my integra. It replicates clicking individual mode after the car is started. I’d assume this would work for the 2024 ASPEC/Tech and Type-S
I might get this. I wonder what the delay is when it automatically switches to individual mode? It would be sweet if you can get cold starts in Sport+

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
I might get this. I wonder what the delay is when it automatically switches to individual mode? It would be sweet if you can get cold starts in Sport+
Check on their website and the comments. Seems the delay is ~3 sec. after you start the car, the car will go into the selected mode. You can select from Individual or Sport...which, on the type S, should be equivalent to Sport+ I guess. Worst case, contact the company and ask!

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
Sadly I have never had a car that didn't do this when engine tuning is tied to the selection. Maybe they exist, but as stated before, I assume there is a baseline to meet EPA requirements. The choice is to either do what Acura did, and push you to sport/comfort, or like Audi does, it will stay in your selected mode, BUT always default to Normal mode and you have to then manually push it into Sport each time. Either way, it's annoying LOL.

That said, at least the ITS has a dedicated button, IMO it's way better than having to slowly cycle through modes like my other cars.

Does Hondata allow you to set a default mode? I thought that was an option on the FK8 to have it auto start in +R but maybe I am remembering wrong.

ender_ong

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 Ridgeline RTLE white/black, 24 DE5 white/black

PorscheGt23

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITR 911
My fl5 R starts in either comfort, sport, or Individual. Whichever was last selected. R+ has to be selected after wards.

OP
OP

edido

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITS (TEP)
Hmm, that's weird. Why would FL5 start in Individual and ITS not. I'll try to call Acura support to get an official response.

Grelco

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
I would guess it's to do with the exhaust. I assume the reason you can't start it in individual or sport + but it will remember either comfort or sport, is because of the bypass valve. But I'm not an expert on EPA startup tests, just an idea!

BlackCTR

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type Platinum Perlescent White
Yeah I'm curious about this too. It makes no sense not to leave it in the last mode selected. I only drive in sport+.

OP
OP

edido

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITS (TEP)
I called my dealer, and he checked with his team:
"That's how it is on all the cars it's automatically going to go back to one of the standard modes and not individual/sport+".

From what it looks like, the only option to fix it is to install this part:
https://www.idlestopper.com/product/idscontroller/8

Per other thread, it should change the mode 3 seconds after the car starts.

wtam1100

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CTR
Thanks for sharing I’m about to order this tonight IDS controller tonight. My sister has an older TLX and I’ve always wanted to find a way to permanently disable the auto start stop didn’t know this company existed. They smart.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I did reach out to the idle stopper manufacturer to see if it's compatible with the Type S . They confirmed it works.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!