• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How to make Individual mode selected when car starts

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I don't know if it's been circulated enough, but the ITS has no auto stop/start feature--hence the dead button next to the shifter. You stop at a light, the car keeps running 100% of the time, regardless of the mode you're in.

(Not everyone's primary concern, I know, just thought it was worth sharing as I LOATHED the auto stop/start in my A-Spec + Tech)

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I don't know if it's been circulated enough, but the ITS has no auto stop/start feature--hence the dead button next to the shifter. You stop at a light, the car keeps running 100% of the time, regardless of the mode you're in.

(Not everyone's primary concern, I know, just thought it was worth sharing as I LOATHED the auto stop/start in my A-Spec + Tech)
Yeah. Wish they filled that spot with something else.. maybe a rev match enable/disable button

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I know it kills me. Every time I get into my A-Spec and forget to hit the individual mode, it ruins the rest of my day. I need to call in sick to work, grab a beer, and sit on the couch contemplating my life...
At least someone gets it🍻

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
Did anyone order their IDS for the Integra? The TLX/RDX instructions show it as just a quick inline with existing controls. I emailed to confirm same for Integra and they said the install is the same as the full idlestopper requiring power connection, etc...

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Did anyone order their IDS for the Integra? The TLX/RDX instructions show it as just a quick inline with existing controls. I emailed to confirm same for Integra and they said the install is the same as the full idlestopper requiring power connection, etc...
What? Oh that's crazy.
I find their site confusing since they sell multiple products under the Idle stop heading that do other things.
I guess we need installation instructions.

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
"Yes you will need to make the power connections. It’s literally exactly the same as the idlestopper module installation. Not a bad install either but just follow along with the video."

That makes it much less appealing to me as that install is quite a bit more extensive. I would totally consider it if I am doing the rear vent/USB install, but doesn't seem worth it for just this application.

wtam1100

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CTR
I just installed it just now. Does it work? Yes, but like everyone has stated already it does take about 3-5 secs after start up for car to go from comfort to individual. How’s the install? For anyone that has remove the center console for shifting upgrades like the base bushing it’s basically those first steps. It takes longer than “minutes” unlike they say on the website. It takes a min or two just to remove the shift knob if you haven’t removed that before (that sucker is on there tight your first time removing, defy need a flat head n wrap it on cloth to prey the collar stay down). Took about 30 mins or so honestly but I’m not super skilled. I like to take my time as I’m not being paid flat rate, but I have done a bunch of modding on cars so I’m no newbie either. I install the acuity full cage shifter on the fk8 so these first few steps were basically the same. After you get the device in and all plugged in. I would look at it close to make sure it doesn’t interfere with the shifter. I didn’t love the fact it was right around the shifter area. I used a zip tie to tie it back some hoping it doesn’t interfere with the shifter at all. Don’t think it will after I tied it back but wanted to share.

Is it worth it? That’s a personal question everyone has to answer for themselves. I can see people saying $100 plus 30-40 install time. I rather just press one button every time I start the car which takes 1 sec. I’m still not 100% sure it was worth the time n money but I’ll have to use it some more to truly tell. I do like that this company is around n has solutions to these bad OEM designs.

Last thing if do order it and it looks different from the unit on their website they didn’t send you the wrong unit (I guess they could still have but not likely). They changed the design of it to look like the auto stopper disabler. Bc of that tho there is no longer a red jumper to pull out if you want he car to start in Sport mode. For our cars it’s individual mode only. Hope this helps anyone trying to decide is it for them. I’ll post other things I notice as time goes on n using it more.

IMG_9990.jpeg

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for confirmation, was hoping their sales guy was wrong.

Last edited:

Palut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
I'm reasonably sure that the car will not start in Individual mode under OEM settings because of the EPA's CAFE rules. It's the same reason that Honda is forced to recommend 0W-20 oil only, and state that other weights are not allowed outside of emergency conditions. If they want to get the CAFE credit for using 0W-20 oil and auto-stop, then it has to be the default option for the consumer. Since Individual mode allows us to disable auto-stop, allowing the car to start in Individual mode would invalidate the CAFE savings and potentially cost Honda huge sums of money in penalties.

Thank goodness that the federal government knows what's best for us better than we do, am I right? :(

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

wtam1100

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CTR
That’s a lot cheaper would be interested to hear if that works on our cars.

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)