• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Homelink Alternatives

jchall30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Clipping it onto the visor tends to leave an ugly mark over time, plus it’s not the most aesthetically thing to add to your interior.

I was the one that created the Siri thread a few months ago. Overall it’s been working fine. It has acted up a few times. What I really don’t like is that I have to wait 10 seconds when I want to close the door while the lights are flashing.

My wife has a 2022 MDX. I’m going to see if I can interchange the parts and if it’s plug and play. I much prefer the new MDX mirror over the Odessy/Accord/Civic since it is frameless. The other options seem to be too bulky and not as modern looking.

I’ll report back.
Did you ever get to look into this?

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
Not just yet. Been tied up the majority of the week.

Probably over the weekend.

raisedhaze

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DA1 Integra, Civic SI, S30, Duramax
Here is how I am doing it in my ITS. I used double sided tape to attach the small remote on the top edge of where the phone charger is. It is somewhat discreet but still very accessible. I programmed my garage door to be the first and largest button so it's easy to push to open and close. Hope this is helpful.
IMG_3945.jpg
I just used a Command strip to hold a keychain opener next to the sunglasses bin. I will probably wait and get the TLX or accord frameless homelink rear view mirror as they become available in junkyards.
20230725_090246.jpg

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A spec tech package 6 MT
I don't know if this is the exact same mirror as the MDX, but for those who want homelink and autodim in a frameless mirror, this is a solid option. It does require a new harness, but the install is still very easy overall. The hardest part is avoiding breaking the clip in the a-pillar trim. Its probably not the cheapest route (about $220 including mirror/harness/shipping) depending on where you buy it from.

Plug and play harness 08V03-30A-100
Homelink Mirror 08V03-3A0-100

acurax

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type-S
Here's the MDX mirror and how to connect it w/o needing a new harness:

Part Number: 76400-T20-A11
Jumper the Red and Yellow wires on the mirror's connector

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Here's the MDX mirror and how to connect it w/o needing a new harness:

Part Number: 76400-T20-A11
Jumper the Red and Yellow wires on the mirror's connector
Is this from the current gen MDX? Have you personally tested it, or did you get the information elsewhere?

Thanks for sharing!

acurax

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

acurax

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I ran across another post where someone purchased, but hasn't installed the accord frameless mirror - 08V03-3A0-100.

I wonder if the TLX mirror might work?

jchall30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I feel like if we already have an auto dimming mirror there it should be easy to tap power for the home link replacement mirror. Is this the case?

acurax

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I feel like if we already have an auto dimming mirror there it should be easy to tap power for the home link replacement mirror. Is this the case?
The one post I linked to over on Integratalk.com has you jumper the red/yellow wire on the mirror connector to get it working. So, yeah it seems to be pretty simply.