• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Homelink Alternatives

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
So I know we can install the Accord rear view mirror to add homelink capabilities. That's definitely a long term option for me, but from past experience I always have felt like it's a bit much paying $300 for something a $20 remote garage opener can do... So with that said, any logical place to install a mini remote in the Integra? Was wondering where people are currently installing it to see if that's good enough or if I should just order the replacement mirror.

It's funny, the S3 forums are overrun with people going crazy over homelink, so I know it's a sensitive subject. But honestly, I prefer where my mini remote is placed compared to the Wife's RDX on the headliner. Would be cool if we could use one of the switch blanks to wire up something nice but haven't looked into options yet.

ckone2030

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2024 BMW M3 Competition
So I know we can install the Accord rear view mirror to add homelink capabilities. That's definitely a long term option for me, but from past experience I always have felt like it's a bit much paying $300 for something a $20 remote garage opener can do... So with that said, any logical place to install a mini remote in the Integra? Was wondering where people are currently installing it to see if that's good enough or if I should just order the replacement mirror.

It's funny, the S3 forums are overrun with people going crazy over homelink, so I know it's a sensitive subject. But honestly, I prefer where my mini remote is placed compared to the Wife's RDX on the headliner. Would be cool if we could use one of the switch blanks to wire up something nice but haven't looked into options yet.
Here is how I am doing it in my ITS. I used double sided tape to attach the small remote on the top edge of where the phone charger is. It is somewhat discreet but still very accessible. I programmed my garage door to be the first and largest button so it's easy to push to open and close. Hope this is helpful.
IMG_3945.jpg

Subby625

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra 2023
For people with iPhone, there's a thread on the forums somewhere that outlines how to use the "Shortcuts" app and Siri to open your garage door. This is what I've been doing, as you can activate Siri from the steering wheel, but it does require smart connected garage door openers.

nawfoo

First Name
Kay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
Don't over complicate it. Get a Apple HomeLink hub and Meross garage door opener. Just say Siri, open the garage door.

Last edited:

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Park on the street it's simpleršŸ˜‰

OP
OP
ZeroGSR

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I mean, call me crazy, but using one of the 3 mini remotes I already own, seems simpler than setting up a homelink hub. Especially since my Android phone doesn't like responding to the Siri command :) Jokes aside, I have so many wifi/internet issues in my area combined with hoping the car and android hear me correctly, rather have a physical button.

What blanks does the ITS have that the A Spec has a button for? Seat Memory on the door? Thought I saw one on the dash as well maybe? I wouldn't mind wiring something up to a stock switch and finding a use for my soldering kit.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I mean, call me crazy, but using one of the 3 mini remotes I already own, seems simpler than setting up a homelink hub. Especially since my Android phone doesn't like responding to the Siri command :) Jokes aside, I have so many wifi/internet issues in my area combined with hoping the car and android hear me correctly, rather have a physical button.

What blanks does the ITS have that the A Spec has a button for? Seat Memory on the door? Thought I saw one on the dash as well maybe? I wouldn't mind wiring something up to a stock switch and finding a use for my soldering kit.
Auto start/stop by the shifter is also available.

OP
OP
ZeroGSR

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Auto start/stop by the shifter is also available.
Thanks, I like this location best! Is the switch momentary on the A-Spec (press and it resets after notifying ECU) or is it a physical toggle? Only bad part is I would have to swap the whole switch assembly as they aren't individual buttons, but it's $35 and might be a fun project.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
What's wrong with the sun visor? Just clip that shit on there. Was doing it for years before I even knew what HomeLink was.

That said if my audio guys tell me they can install the Accord mirror for a reasonable price I'll just have them do it.

OP
OP
ZeroGSR

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think having a convertible is why I didn't like leaving it out in the open on a sun visor. I actually wired my garage door opener in line with my high beams so I could flash them open and closed (S2K). The other benefit to using an existing blank is you remove the ugly blank.

But agree, this is all silly, think taping it up under the AC controls or in the side bin is probably the best method.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Thanks, I like this location best! Is the switch momentary on the A-Spec (press and it resets after notifying ECU) or is it a physical toggle? Only bad part is I would have to swap the whole switch assembly as they aren't individual buttons, but it's $35 and might be a fun project.
Yeah it's momentary. I wonder if you can find pins that would fit the factory connector.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ZeroGSR

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah it's momentary. I wonder if you can find pins that would fit the factory connector.
Thanks, waiting on the switch assembly to see how best to do it. Trying to see where the Idlestop IDS Mode Selector plugs in, if it's in line with the same plug, then that would be perfect, can just cut into that harness instead!

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Thanks, waiting on the switch assembly to see how best to do it. Trying to see where the Idlestop IDS Mode Selector plugs in, if it's in line with the same plug, then that would be perfect, can just cut into that harness instead!
Can't wait to see the results!

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
What's wrong with the sun visor? Just clip that shit on there. Was doing it for years before I even knew what HomeLink was.

That said if my audio guys tell me they can install the Accord mirror for a reasonable price I'll just have them do it.

Clipping it onto the visor tends to leave an ugly mark over time, plus itā€™s not the most aesthetically thing to add to your interior.

I was the one that created the Siri thread a few months ago. Overall itā€™s been working fine. It has acted up a few times. What I really donā€™t like is that I have to wait 10 seconds when I want to close the door while the lights are flashing.

My wife has a 2022 MDX. Iā€™m going to see if I can interchange the parts and if itā€™s plug and play. I much prefer the new MDX mirror over the Odessy/Accord/Civic since it is frameless. The other options seem to be too bulky and not as modern looking.

Iā€™ll report back.