• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Holy $#@!! Check out Que the Chaotic's dealership experience

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
This makes me mad. I have been following Que since he had his Aspec. He needs these issues resolved. That service manager needs to be fired. That dealership need to be blacklisted. Might have to start a shitty dealership thread.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I guess if you have to go to the Dealership, take a video walk around of you car, pointing out conditions, noting the date and time, while standing right in front of the service area. That service guy was a total a$$ though.

crepr12

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS Black on Black
Its typical car dealership denie.denie....that service manager is a total tool....yep video right in front of the service area like stated above...dealership aside any one else have issues with a oil leak?

Quinn Regis

First Name
IntegraQ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I guess if you have to go to the Dealership, take a video walk around of you car, pointing out conditions, noting the date and time, while standing right in front of the service area. That service guy was a total a$$ though.
Good point! We should have the confidence not to do this before going to have our vehicles serviced at a Luxury dealership.

grahm

First Name
Grahm
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 RS3, 2023 Type R
Super frustrating to watch. The Acura dealers near me suck which is part of the reason I went FL5, but no one should have to deal with this. I hope he gets this resolved soon.

PRDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Integra Type S
Stuff like this is why I stay away from the dealership unless it’s absolutely necessary. I will never take my car to a dealership for a oil change, specially a “free” one. I can relate to this, I’ve had a wheels damaged by dealership service. They always deny they did it unless you have evidence showing otherwise.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
So much to unpack here.

All the shit that happened in that video, and the wheel rash is the main thing everyone is mad at? That's at worst like a $100 repair. It is staggering how the idiot service manager didn't just take care of it but literally everything else in the video is more noteworthy than the curb rash.

First of all, that oil leak is horrendous! I've never seen anything like that on a car with less than at least 50k miles on it... dear god I hope it isn't a widespread issue with these engines... And it took them several attempts to correctly diagnose... and he was going to wait at the dealership on a repair like that? Do people do this? That alone blows my mind... that someone is actually willing to consider waiting in a dealership lobby for their car's head to be taken apart? ... What!??!

The bumper alignment makes me want to throw up. Why does he keep asking people on YouTube to comment on it? He has to know it's fucked up. It's embarrassing to even look at, and they damn sure didn't even attempt to "fix" it.

I don't give a FLYING FUCK about this dude's uber ride, what the hell was even that? I guess I have a low tolerance for irrelevant shit like that with these "creators" but come on. I think I remember trying to watch one of this dude's videos before but couldn't make it through it. Makes sense now. I made it through this one, at least. The "train wreck" analogy comes to mind.

But seriously, back to that oil leak. It was POURING oil all over the place, on a brand new car... and according to that barely legible write up, they replaced the entire head???! For a couple o-rings???? WHAT. THE. FUCK!?

And then they didn't even put any oil back in it or change the filter, with 20% life left hahahahahahaha, what the fuck dimension was this video filmed in? (although if he didn't specifically ask for a line item for scheduled maintenance, that's actually on him- why would they reset the light if they didn't change the filter? And why would they change the filter at 20% if he didn't ask for it? Car still needs oil to run though, so no, no excuse for that lol)

Anyway, personal preference of the type of YouTube content I prefer aside, yes this dealership is an absolute shit show. I'm going to have to take me car in soon... the "wastegate rattle noise" has just seeped into my consciousness and I need them to at least tell me it's normal- also my seat is making noise- so I watched this whole video to get a sense of how bad it can get... but I don't think we all have to worry about having a dealer work on our cars under warranty. This is just a terrible, terrible dealer. Probably the worst in the country. And I hope he does get some reconciliation for this- but he's going to have to do more than expect "Acura" to watch his video, he needs to contact Acura North America, and this service manager needs to get purged back to Firestone or Moe's discount muffler shop where he fucking belongs.

Super frustrating to watch. The Acura dealers near me suck which is part of the reason I went FL5, but no one should have to deal with this. I hope he gets this resolved soon.
And FFS who really thinks you'll have any better experience at a Honda dealership? Seriously- explain yourself. That's a clown take, bro.

grahm

First Name
Grahm
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 RS3, 2023 Type R
And FFS who really thinks you'll have any better experience at a Honda dealership? Seriously- explain yourself. That's a clown take, bro.
My brother for your sake I worry for the health of your keyboard — try to wipe the Anger Sweat off of your hands before you quote me in order to prolong its life.

To answer your question: one of the Honda dealers in my area is great and both of the Acura dealers suck.

sventhecivic

First Name
Gaetano
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic EXT
FWIW, I have a 2023 A-Spec and my front bumper has the same alignment issue. It was like that when I drove it off the lot, and later when I had the dealership install the light up emblem it was still that way. I asked them to check it out. From what I recall, it did look better, but I think over time it just went back to where it was initially.

So, I do think the bumper alignment isn't anyone's fault here (Que's or the dealership), and rather that's across factory lines somehow. The other issue Que mentioned though, especially the curb rash, that all should've been addressed.

creaturemachine

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
So, I do think the bumper alignment isn't anyone's fault here (Que's or the dealership), and rather that's across factory lines somehow. The other issue Que mentioned though, especially the curb rash, that all should've been addressed.
There's not much more you can expect from plastic clip-on bumper covers. Want better? Pay more.

sventhecivic

First Name
Gaetano
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic EXT
There's not much more you can expect from plastic clip-on bumper covers. Want better? Pay more.
Yeah, or be obsessive and fix it yourself at your own risk. Either way, I just want to point out that that specific issue is A) very very likely separate from his experience, and B) probably something a lot of owners are living with.

Personally, I think it's more noticeable for us owners of the Platinum White, because the contrast makes it stick out.

bvanlieu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 White ITS, 2015 Cayman GTS
First I am not making any excuses for that manager. Probably needs decaf and to retire soon.

My BMW service manger videos the car on his own when you park it in the service intake line. Think about that. They feel the need to video because they have had situations where asshat customers claim damage that wasn't there, and that is a higher $ demographic and luxury dealer by volume etc...so its not just dealerships, and we don't know who that guy had dealt with that day. Not an excuse, but consider it a possibility.

For many, having a camera record you while you are working is not comfortable and can raise your anxiety. Que sounds very calm and kudos to him for not raising his voice which I think many of us would (anyone from the NY/NJ/CT/RI/MA, me included :D)

Just think about what you are doing prior and yes, always always always do a video circle of your car prior to dropping it *anywhere*. Same for renting a car, as most have some sort of cosmetic damage and some will try to get you to pay for it. Shitty but it happens.

Then you can calmly show someone a video if need be, that things were fine and let the video do the talking for you :)